C6 Kill

Thanks for your reply. I was not surprised to read your comments. We probably should have an ambulance on site when we have a club meeting.:) Very few GS cars participate and some of the turbo cars are becoming Sunday drivers.

I may try my $100 bet trick even if I'm 0 for 2 with it. Challenged Bison and the guy that built "The ultimate GN" that was a huge thread on this board to meet me in Noble and I'd race them for $100. I was like Mr. Cellophane, they saw right through me.:D

We do have a very good event and get some strong players like John Schmidt, Jerry Chambers, John Plog, Jim Rasmussen, Bones Hayhurst and Tim Wendeberg. Jack Cotton brought the Pumpkin a couple of years ago, Lawrence Connelly was a regular when he was still racing and Bob Peterson came until he couldn't any longer. Most of the later year GM performance guys around here don't come but they go out to the low traffic roads and video themselves racing each other.

Guess if I was a lot younger than 65, I'd probably go a different route but I have been a GN fan since I saw my first one in the late 80's and I will have my GN until I'm too old to race and by then I'll probably be tuning it for my older son who will end up with it.

I'll let you know how my car does after I get my alky pump rebuilt and hit the track.

One more thing. Please get the Chicken out on the streets so he can post some good stories.

Phil Engle

Phil, I'm very concerned about the chicken, He has lost his job his trans is broke. I feel he is now lonely depressed & needs our support. :(

Drag racimg life in AZ went from fat to one track in the entire state in a matter of 8 months.

The last test'n'tune session in Phoenix will happen on March 31st.

F Maricapa County, F the douchenozzle who ran Speedworld and tried to F with the Maricopa County authorities and build stuff without permits, F the Gila Indian Tribe and the douchenozzle who operated Firebird I.R.

After Califonia kicked him out, 20 years later the operator of F.I.R. managed to piss off the tribe so much they just said "NO" to a huge profit center when the lease renewal came due, NICE!!

Additionaly, I would like to say F the whole lot of them, the operators and government/Indain beaurocrats, for putting their egos ahead of their customers and constituents, the performance community.

All of them turned out to be greedy assholes.

Now the closest track will be in Tucson, 100 miles away. And it's a bigger turd than Speedworld was.......... :(

Guy,
Be lucky that you still have a 1/4 mile track within 100 miles that you car run your car at. Here in So Cal. The home of hot rodding and organized drag racing, we now have ZERO! We are DONE! :( One thing that I've found to be true is that when tracks go away, they don't come back.

Mike B.

Guy,
Be lucky that you still have a 1/4 mile track within 100 miles that you car run your car at. Here in So Cal. The home of hot rodding and organized drag racing, we now have ZERO! We are DONE! :( One thing that I've found to be true is that when tracks go away, they don't come back.

Mike B.

This whole thing is sad. SoCal without drag racing. I keep hearing from my local tracks too that it just keeps getting harder to operate...

I offered to help him but the chicken is tired of trans problems & wants to give up on the 200 & go to a 400 th. That would be a mistake since his car is primarily street driven. To my knowledge no billet parts have been tried. I regret not taking the time to learn how to build a 200 but I kept so busy building engines & doing everything else plus so many trans builders that I used can't keep one together whats to say I would have any better luck. I'm sure as with the 109 block engines eventually I would figure it it out. My idea of a good time though isn't swimming in trans fluid & always wanted to leave that to the experts.

I offered to help him but the chicken is tired of trans problems & wants to give up on the 200 & go to a 400 th. That would be a mistake since his car is primarily street driven. To my knowledge no billet parts have been tried. I regret not taking the time to learn how to build a 200 but I kept so busy building engines & doing everything else plus so many trans builders that I used can't keep one together whats to say I would have any better luck. I'm sure as with the 109 block engines eventually I would figure it it out. My idea of a good time though isn't swimming in trans fluid & always wanted to leave that to the experts.

I agree. I like the 2004R and would recommend that the Chicken stay with it. I would also advise you to stay with what you know best and let somebody else do the rest.:D

I acquired a built 2004R about 10 years ago and it was used but had every billet and beefed up part that Bruce Toelle had. I had already beat up my stocker pretty bad twice so it was time for a big change. Had the tranny freshened in September of 2011l and changed a few things but it showed little wear except the clutches were about to give up the ghost. Toasted the 3rd gear replacement clutches and had them replaced about 3 months ago. Keep TV line pressure pretty high and shafts are very firm and the Detroit Locker seems to have very little give.

John Plog used to run a Brian Hoeffer built tranny in his TSM car and I think he still does. With him approaching 9 flat on an iron headed car and pulling 1.20 60', I'd say that one built like John's will handle the Chicken's combo.

BTW, I don't believe "his car is primarily street driven".:) We all have a pretty good idea that his car is raced a lot but I'd bet, like me, he "plays" a lot with his car when he's street driving.:D:D

Thats the story, if you want to play the game with over 600 # plus torque going through that poor 200 you better have a lot of bullet proof parts in it & that isn't cheap.

Thats the story, if you want to play the game with over 600 # plus torque going through that poor 200 you better have a lot of bullet proof parts in it & that isn't cheap.

Exactly.

When I bought my race built 2004R over 10 years ago, I was told it had between $3,500-4,000 worth of aftermarket parts in it. It made about 175-180 trips down the track, several street altercations and dyno sessions, a lot of road tuning and a bunch of playing over 8 years before it had any parts replaced.

Exactly.

When I bought my race built 2004R over 10 years ago, I was told it had between $3,500-4,000 worth of aftermarket parts in it. It made about 175-180 trips down the track, several street altercations and dyno sessions, a lot of road tuning and a bunch of playing over 8 years before it had any parts replaced.

I too have all the billet stuff Bruce Toelle made. It was not cheap and I'm not making the chicken's kind of power, but I have to have 250 passes on my 2004r and 55k street miles over 7 years of service without even a freshening. It has had plenty of hard up and down shifts and keeps on ticking all the time! Automatics really take a beating on the street with upshifts into 2nd while spinning then back into first when it does hook or sometimes I'll get it to third and then back to second. I try to avoid it, but the trans has never missed a beat yet. I think the up and back down then back up on the street is harder than any track use.

Thanks I like it, The ZR-1 is an awesome ride if it only came with an auto. Another equally impressive car is the Shelby GT 500 mustang I drove one before I decided on the ZR1 & was impressed with the power but was turned off by the cramped cheap interior & the over all quality of the car.

Thanks I like it, The ZR-1 is an awesome ride if it only came with an auto. Another equally impressive car is the Shelby GT 500 mustang I drove one before I decided on the ZR1 & was impressed with the power but was turned off by the cramped cheap interior & the over all quality of the car.

Agreed. I run a Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership but our HQ is a pretty large Chevy store. I love Shelby cars and we're a dealer, but you are spot on that the Corvette interior is superior. But it should be for the $ too.

Agreed. I run a Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership but our HQ is a pretty large Chevy store. I love Shelby cars and we're a dealer, but you are spot on that the Corvette interior is superior. But it should be for the $ too.
That's why I bought it used with only 2K miles & saved about 50 grand. Mustang I spected out was 70 grand for 12 more I got a vette that was a no brainier !

I gotta say this much Lou, the newest trans you had built for my car is the most solid performing 200 me, or many people I know who know how these tranmissions perform, have ever felt.

This one's a good one, yessiree.

Yes Guy, Thanks to my secret trans builder but next time it comes out you & chicken need to think about investing in some stronger billet parts. Since the tracks have closed in your area you probably won't be wearing out your equipment as fast either.

Lou: The 3rd gear clutches the local builder put in are shot after less than 1,000 miles. Any recommendations on which clutches to use to handle
700-725 WHP?

Thanks.

Looks like the Chicken is still on the sidelines.

Phil Engle

Good kill, sounds like he was a show off! Not all of us Vette owners are though. I have a 01 ZO6 with a APS Twin Turbo set up on it with a forged LS6. It's making 660rwhp on 93 octane. I'm not a show off though.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app