C6 Kill

Shut up stupid ! is my exclusive logo go think up your own and I thought I told you to stop posting dumb sh#t o_O

Wahhhhhhhh! :( get over it...

On the fun side and speaking of Corvettes, Tom's '64 'Vette left the alternator belt on the garage floor when he took his business partner Dane, the guy who showed up at your shop in the 427 Cobra to check out my car before I bought it, to dinner tonight and it died in the parking lot of the place they went.

I went and picked them up......... gave Dane a little taste of what the Snoozer is made of......:) ...... I think I scared him a little. :D :D maybe a lot......:eek:

Lou called me the other day and said that his Corvette manly hood was under attack here, and if I would stick up for him and his cute little car.
IMO, Corvettes are very respectable. You can tell when a vehicle draws respect because someone will write a song about it. This is to reflect on the attitude of the car and the person who drives it. Such as George Thorogood doing "Bad to the bone" for the Grand National commercial. When I see a Harley ride past, I think of Steppenwolf / "Born to be wild".
Little red Corvettes do get respect, just like us. Well, sort of...

l_226e395b38fb3b6b33d03229419e3147.gif

Hey Lou, Let me know if you need any more help with this matter.:D
I'm here to help.;)

Mike B.

Until we spank the typical unsuspecting corvette driver in grandma's car. Damn, guys, If this keeps up I'm gonna have to put Mississippi plates on it and paint it and change my name to get Lou to make it run!

OK, let me get this right , I'm a douche for owning a ZR1 that can stop on a dime, Handle like its on rails, certified to go 200 MPH has 638 H.P. with a warranty. With a set of headers & a tune 700 H.P. is no problem & still get over 20 MPG. So go change some head gaskets, constantly worry about KR, Fix some oil leaks, Remove the oil stains that your old lady has been bitching about in the drive way , Get your 2004r fixed for the seventh time & have a nice day ! Best Regards Lou :)

Wording for license plate frame for your ZR1 you might want to consider.

Thanks to TurboBuicks

I get to drive this

Wording for license plate frame for your ZR1 you might want to consider.

Thanks to TurboBuicks

I get to drive this
Thanks to my real estate investments I get to drive that car. I work on turbo Buick's to give me some thing to do & be assured I'm not getting rich fixing electrical problems, oil leaks & difficult gremlins that other mechanics & shops chose to ignore.

Thanks to my real estate investments I get to drive that car. I work on turbo Buick's to give me some thing to do & be assured I'm not getting rich fixing electrical problems, oil leaks & difficult gremlins that other mechanics & shops chose to ignore.

I'm a GN owner and a Vette owner and I don't like seeing Vette's slammed because they are great cars and unfortunately some of them have bad owners.

Just trying to give you something to rub their noses in.:)

I'm a GN owner and a Vette owner and I don't like seeing Vette's slammed because they are great cars and unfortunately some of them have bad owners.

Lou doesn't rub peoples nose in it, that's just not in his nature.......

If you own a sheep, however, keep it hidden, or the rubbin' will be epic...............:eek:

Oh, and if you ever need a tow for that Vette of yours, I always seem to be able to find time to help a poor 'Vette owner out.......Lou knows I have kind of a soft spot for the always stranded older 'Vette guy................ Older 'Vettes are kinda like every Harley ever............ Pushed, pulled or tugged more often than not, seldom driven..........:p

I will admit that I am a past Vette owner. They are great cars for doing what they were designed for. highway speed sports car. I hated mine in stop and go traffic, parallel parking, going up and down driveways, etc. Out on the open road, it was a different story. You could handle the high speed twisties with confidence. Long trips were a joy that you didn't want to end. Yesterday, I got a ride in Lou's ZR1. Wholly crap! I've ridden in faster cars, but not one that was comfortable, quiet, handled, and had that new car smell.:D I'm sure that somewhere in the foot well of the driver's side, it had a gas peddle. After feeling the instant torque of this thing unleashed, I was convinced GM had replaced the gas peddle with an on/off switch that reads,"Unleash Angry Monster".:eek: or "Put Pissed Off Monster Back In His Box Before Someone Gets Hurt". This thing had more carbon fiber than a Vin Diesel movie. However, it was the real deal. Not the cosmetic crap to cover up steel parts.

Come to think of it, I must have been very impressed.

I bought lunch...:eek:

Thanks for the ride, Lou.:cool:

Now! back to our regularly scheduled Corvette bashings...

Mike B.

Thanks Mike, there are some good drivers that can get a stock ZR1 well into the 10's. I don't think I will be trying that though since I rather be driving than fixing it. Plus I'm always too busy patching up broken Buicks . :)

Lou doesn't rub peoples nose in it, that's just not in his nature.......

If you own a sheep, however, keep it hidden, or the rubbin' will be epic...............:eek:

Oh, and if you ever need a tow for that Vette of yours, I always seem to be able to find time to help a poor 'Vette owner out.......Lou knows I have kind of a soft spot for the always stranded older 'Vette guy................ Older 'Vettes are kinda like every Harley ever............ Pushed, pulled or tugged more often than not, seldom driven..........:p

Bought my wife a 2002 C-5 convertible in September 2001. Other than the crappy Goodyear tires it came with, it worked flawlessly for the life of the C-5's.
She didn't like the looks of the C-6 over the C-5 so we kept it. She died unexpectedly at the end of 2007 and the car became a family heirloom that will go to one of my sons. It now has nearly 100,000 miles and is driven frequently and, outside of regular maintenance, tires and brake, the only repairs it has had is the one-time replacement of the drive motors of the pop up lights. It came with the 3.15 performance axle and it can hold its own against most street cars but I don't beat on it very often.

Thanks for the offer to drive 2000+ miles to tow the car. Please send me your phone number so I can reach you in case the car lays down on me.

Bought my wife a 2002 C-5 convertible in September 2001. Other than the crappy Goodyear tires it came with, it worked flawlessly for the life of the C-5's.
She didn't like the looks of the C-6 over the C-5 so we kept it. She died unexpectedly at the end of 2007 and the car became a family heirloom that will go to one of my sons. It now has nearly 100,000 miles and is driven frequently and, outside of regular maintenance, tires and brake, the only repairs it has had is the one-time replacement of the drive motors of the pop up lights. It came with the 3.15 performance axle and it can hold its own against most street cars but I don't beat on it very often.

Thanks for the offer to drive 2000+ miles to tow the car. Please send me your phone number so I can reach you in case the car lays down on me.

1-800- NOVETTES ;)

By the way, Lou's given me a ride before too. That car scared me.....

I bought my first corvette in 1967 & have owned 20 more since all great cars four of them were C-5's. In 1973 I became interested in turbos after getting my ass handed to me by some 4 cly. turbo charged pinto sitting at a red light one afternoon in my 69 vette at the time. He had the name of the shop on his side window that did the work . That person was Ak Miller a well known Bonneville racer in his time. So I left his shop with a bunch of pipes & a turbo then went to work on my six cly Chevelle. It took me time to start figuring things out but when I did was hooked from then on. When the grand National came out I couldn't wait to sell what ever I had to & get one and they have stayed with me since. but all along I always had a corvette or sports car to drive on Sundays or a nice sunny day when the mood strikes & will probably have one till I'm in the ground .

I got my GN in 2001, a 33,000 mile premium stocker. Been through lots of parts and think I finally have the combo I was looking for all along. Going to see how it will run this spring.

It's by far my favorite car and like a favorite child, it has been spoiled.:)

I got my GN in 2001, a 33,000 mile premium stocker. Been through lots of parts and think I finally have the combo I was looking for all along. Going to see how it will run this spring.

It's by far my favorite car and like a favorite child, it has been spoiled.:)

2500 miles away or not, Lou is the man who will build it right, hands down.

He did me right and I fear no car on any street. Not any real street machine, anyway. No roll bar, no transbrake, no real trick street stuff , just an honest to goodness fast street car.

I might get beat one day, and I'll wanna fix it, but whomever finally does it will seriously question his build from that day on................

2500 miles away or not, Lou is the man who will build it right, hands down.

He did me right and I fear no car on any street. Not any real street machine, anyway. No roll bar, no transbrake, no real trick street stuff , just an honest to goodness fast street car.

I might get beat one day, and I'll wanna fix it, but whomever finally does it will seriously question his build from that day on................
Guy right now you have more H.P. on tap then your chassis can possibly handle. There is at least another 100 h.p. that can squeezed out of that combination. Technology has sure come a long way since 1987 & that kind of gets me off thinking about it. :D

Lou: How much HP does it take to have more power than the chassis can handle? A car with engine similar to mine and same turbo made 730WHP on a dyno. I'm still playing with 93/alky fuel combo and car is making good power and ran 10.37 @ 132 on 24+#'s of boost and a crappy 1.59 60' breaking 3 teeth on the ring gear in the process. Made some changes in tune, chassis and driveline. PL says it is running faster.

Your comment raised some concern about chassis strength so I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Lou: How much HP does it take to have more power than the chassis can handle? A car with engine similar to mine and same turbo made 730WHP on a dyno. I'm still playing with 93/alky fuel combo and car is making good power and ran 10.37 @ 132 on 24+#'s of boost and a crappy 1.59 60' breaking 3 teeth on the ring gear in the process. Made some changes in tune, chassis and driveline. PL says it is running faster.

Your comment raised some concern about chassis strength so I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.
I had an 85 Regal with a 350 V/8 in it & was able to push it to a 9.02 156 mph 1.30 60 ft. with 20 # boost If I remember it weighed about 3300 # It was not tubbed but reinforced in all the right places. The car was a handful & probably a boost controller at that point would of been a wise investment. Cris Chow with 1600 H.P. got into the 7's with a similar set up much to his credit but eventually crashed it. Go on my web site ( turbolou.com) there is a video of Brent ( underboost ) who ran a 10.12 136 with stock suspension & the car worked very well. So the point is if your clever enough & use your head you can push these cars a long way provided your at a good track.

Lou: Looks like you've generated a pretty big following of Buick owners that are obviously happy with the engines you spec and build.

We have strong group of Buick fans in Oklahoma but several of us got worn smooth handing the Buick Ford Shootout at Noble for 17 years. A Ford guy stepped up after the event was cancelled last year to sponsor the event for 2013 so some of us will be able to spend more time on our cars than on the event.
The event is October 12th which is the weekend before the GS Nationals at BG and we have had some from participants from west of OKC who race at Noble then take a few days to meander to BG. I worked on RJC for at least 3 years and think I had him thinking that might be a good deal as we generally have about 90-100 Buicks show up but the event was cancelled.

As the numerical superiority of Fords over Buicks became a factor, we expanded the list of cars that can be part of Team Buick. TTA's and Syclone/Typhoons have always been included we expanded to include Pontiac's, Oldsmobiles and Cadillacs. We just want to have some great racing and we looked the other way on a couple of Ford guys with LSX motors.

If you have some of your guys coming to BG or they just want to beat some a Ford, please have them consider coming to Noble and help us defeat the Fords.

More information at okbuicks.com

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Most of the Buick crowd whats left of us are older. There aren't any race tracks left in CA. to support drag racing so 99% of the cars I work on are mostly for the street. I suspect that is also a lot cheaper to campaign a mustang as the parts are more readily available & plentiful. So I wouldn't count on a lot of Buick participation from CA. Arizona seems to have more to offer than for now but they too are having a problem with tracks closing down. Plus trying to get CA Buick owners to show up or cooperate with anything is like trying to herd a bunch of cats . :)