C.N.P Coil Near Plug/ Coil on Plug

Michael, with regards to the AEM box, I'm running a boost comp fuel map, full electronic vss based boost control with alternate high boost map, sequential fuel injection, individual coils, switch retard, 2-step, antilag, traction control, no lift to shift, meth control, 3 bar MAP with no MAF, etc. Keep in mind this is all in a Fiero and we had to basically come up with all the software settings, and tuning ourselves. Those Viper guys use this on the regular and so there is MUCH more common information with regards to their setups. I love the functionality of the software, and its all done in 1 box. No extra add-ons, etc.

(Don't forget that the AEM can be set up to control the 4L80e too, for you big dog guys)

EDIT: Scott, thanks for that link. Exactly what I needed.

So you are using the AEM to control your ignition?

Most here are still budget limited to the stock ECM. :eek:

The holy grail would be to do away with the stock type coilpack and module..... and shed the "waste spark" system we are running and go COP/CNP. If you could do it with mostly junkyard components..... that is even better...... however.... there are a few people that have run COP with our cars.... and stock ECM's....... but they were all still waste spark systems.... and they were all 1-off setups..... not an easy feat.

Yes, my AEM controls everything. I bought a couple of them used for 6-700 bucks. Pullapart here in in charlotte had a 5.3 vortec and we got all 8 coils off of that for $25. Its still a wasted spark setup (coil outputs are paired). If there was someone in the charlotte area interested, I'd be willing to work with them in getting something like this set up if they were serious about it and there was some overall interest. I know you guys really seem to like that xfi stuff and modded MAF sensors.. ;)

Yes, my AEM controls everything. I bought a couple of them used for 6-700 bucks. Pullapart here in in charlotte had a 5.3 vortec and we got all 8 coils off of that for $25. Its still a wasted spark setup (coil outputs are paired). If there was someone in the charlotte area interested, I'd be willing to work with them in getting something like this set up if they were serious about it and there was some overall interest. I know you guys really seem to like that xfi stuff and modded MAF sensors.. ;)

Long time lurker, first time poster....

Fierofiend made me aware of this thread, and I just wanted to add to what he has said, the gen1 aem boxes have 5 direct spark outputs, therefore with a gen1 box setup you'd need to have wasted spark. However their gen2 boxes are coming out and they have more coil outputs so the option to have direct fire is there. This also means the price in used/new gen 1 boxes will be going down, so this may become a viable option for gn owners..

I'm familiar with the xfi/bs3/dfi options coming from the turbo mustang world, and while the aem doesn't get much recognition in the domestic world, it's quite an underrated ecu. I'm not saying it's the end all and be all, but it for sure has bang for the buck.

We'd really be interested in setting this up for someone local that is looking for something different. We're both upstanding members on other forums (fierofiend is jinxmutt on realfierotech.com, blacksaleen95 on turbomustangs.com) and really are just car guys that like to take an out of the box approach to stuff. If anyone is interested, please pm either of us.

I'd be willing to work with someone with the Camaro/FAST system.

I have extra blocks/covers/ballancers ect to work with and mock up stuff on.

I know SLOGN is in your area.. and a couple other guy's I've talked to before.
Cool!
Scott~