Buying an 87 GN...need help please!

Fighting5thSVT

Sorry guys..dont know if im in the right forum, but I am looking to buy a completely stock, unmolested 1987 GN. Problem is that I am looking for all the stock specs for that year, yet half of the Turbo buick sites I search are either down, outdated or just not helpful enough. I want it to be accurate ( I dont even know why some have hood and/or fender badges and others do not). I figured this would be a start. I currently own a 12 second 2001 Ford Lightning, which I work on completely myself--so I'd like to think Im not that stupid ( Go ahead with the flames if you want:D )......I just need a lil research help!!!

Sorry for the long boring post--but I need a hand so hopefully I can browse these forums ALOT more in the future!!!!!

Thanks again-

Pick up both of Kirban's books about Turbo Regals. www.kirbanperformance.com Wish these were out when I was shopping for my GN. I was lucky and ended up with a nice one though it did have some mods. Has lots more now! Good luck and there is nothing wrong with having a Lightning much less a 12 second one.

Ill try the book--any other websites??

Im looking for GN specific...any info on T-Types is really not very helpful (even though they are so alike)...as far as all the "little" things like badging, interior, sunroofs that came STOCK

Perhaps a local TR guy would pop up to help you out.
Or maybe you could take several digital pictures of areas in question and post or mail them.

You're not gonna get flamed here. I'm seriously thinking about a truck and the Lightning is #1 on the list. We know good fast cars when we see them. ;)

www.gnttype.org is like the bible to turbo buicks. Start browsing the technical sections or anything you are looking for and it should have it. If you dont find it there use the search feature on this site and I can garantee you someone has already talked about it. Good luck and keep us informed on your search.