building first clone

GuiDo231

I have an 81 turbo engine that I am going to put in my 83 Regal. The first info I need is,what after market carb goes best with a pure stock motor. Besides my unrebuildable stock one.

I have an 81 turbo engine that I am going to put in my 83 Regal. The first info I need is,what after market carb goes best with a pure stock motor. Besides my unrebuildable stock one.

A stock carb is probably your best option. Only because nobody has said that there is anything better. A few of us here on the board are trying different aftermarket carbs to see if there is any improvement, But I dont think anyone has any results yet. A Holley Supercharger carb is theroetically ideal for what were doing, but nobody has gotten that far yet. In the past alot of early drawthru turbo systems favored an AFB style of carb, so an Edelbrock might be worth a shot.

I do know of a Member here who has a couple of (3 I think) Factory turbo carbs forsale, he might have a solid rebuilder or they can all be used to build one good one.
Heres the Link, http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/270427-79-turbo-regal-sale-parts-new-post.html

Hope this helps.

A.j.

Will you be keeping the ECM or not? The 1981 motor uses an electronic Q-jet.