boost-a-pump or double fuel pumps?

oddiesGN

I have no experiance with either, I know its sounds straight forward. Boost-a-pump adds volts to the pump to make more pressure and the dual pumps pump more then one pump. What I don't understand is all the numbers that goes with picking a pump, the lph at 80# to 40# if I run this much boost I need this much psi and duty cycles.

For what I have read, I'm thinking that the DW300 pump will not support 80# injectors at 25# boost unless it has help like the boost-a-pump. So does it make sense to just us a double pump instead? Is there a double pump for E85?

The next thing is what changes need to be done to run either one. Do I need to change my stock lines in any way to support either one? I have read that others have cut off the old saginaw fittings for different one. Thats something else I don't understand too much, hate to mess with fuel don't want leaks and fires.

I don't want my fears with the fuel system to make my decision. I'm hoping with some help I don't have to worry about my fuel system being inadequate or leaking causing a fire. I just want to keep it as simple as possible, but want it to funtion properly.

Any suggestion would greatly help.

Thanks, Otes.

Why not add an external in-line pump. Just make sure its E85 compatible.

What is the external pump all about? How does it work, does it come on with boost or is it always pumping more fuel? Is there anything special to do to run the external pump?

Anyone else know about the dual pumps or the boost-a-pump? What would be the best choice out of the three?

Thanks, Otes.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Check out the thread in this section about the DW pump. I think the DW pump with a volt booster to 18V will support 80lb injectors, but nothing more. If going external, I'd just run one big one, but that's just my opinion.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Check out the thread in this section about the DW pump. I think the DW pump with a volt booster to 18V will support 80lb injectors, but nothing more. If going external, I'd just run one big one, but that's just my opinion.

What just run one big external pump and no in tank pump? Would you have to do any mods to your return line so your not building too much pressure at idle?

Otes

If you're going to run E85 get a double pumper. If you modify it enough to use all these can dish out you can then add a boost a pump. You can go a long way with the stock lines and AC Delco fuel filter.

If you're going to run E85 get a double pumper. If you modify it enough to use all these can dish out you can then add a boost a pump. You can go a long way with the stock lines and AC Delco fuel filter.

What double pumper works with E85 and is there a warranty? What is needed when going with a double pump? Do you need one hotwire kit for each pump or is one ok to use? So there is no mods needed to fuel lines when running two pumps? Has anyone else run E85 and 80# or bigger injectors? What are you using for a pump and hows it working?

Thanks, Otes.

Ok I can't find one vender at all that sells a dual intank fuel pump to save my life. What are others using and does anyone know if they work with E85?

Thanks, Otes.

I thought he offered the Deatsch Werks pumps but I don't see them. You could order just the hanger, wiring harness and hobbs switch from him and get the pumps elsewhere if he does not have them.

The dual pump harness is not 100% necessary. You could just get a hobbs and run your own 2nd circuit back. When all is said and done though, the racetronix harness is hard to beat.

2 DW pumps on a dual ss hanger would be a nice set up for you.

HTH

RL

I thought he offered the Deatsch Werks pumps but I don't see them. You could order just the hanger, wiring harness and hobbs switch from him and get the pumps elsewhere if he does not have them.

The dual pump harness is not 100% necessary. You could just get a hobbs and run your own 2nd circuit back. When all is said and done though, the racetronix harness is hard to beat.

2 DW pumps on a dual ss hanger would be a nice set up for you.

HTH

RL

Will the two 255 l/ph pumps that comes with there kit work for my set-up? I would rather just get the kit thats all put together and all I need to do is put it in.

Thanks, Otes.

When I first read the post all I seen was "go with a double pump", but after reading it again I noticed "with the least modifications". What mods are there that needs to be done?

Thanks, Otes.

Less mods in turn to doing a external pump. Have to mod the hanger or weld in a sump, run lines, etc.

Will the two 255 l/ph pumps that comes with there kit work for my set-up? I would rather just get the kit thats all put together and all I need to do is put it in.

Thanks, Otes.

I don't know if the Walbro's would hold up to e85. Not a big deal to mount DW pumps on the hanger. Don't let that discourage you.

RL

Less mods in turn to doing a external pump. Have to mod the hanger or weld in a sump, run lines, etc.

I don't know if the Walbro's would hold up to e85. Not a big deal to mount DW pumps on the hanger. Don't let that discourage you.

RL

So I get the dual pump hanger, wiring and hobbs switch from racetronix and just install the DW pumps? What do you mean run a 2nd circuit back? Is that another hotwire? So if its not too much of a hassle, what exactly do I need to run two DW pumps wiring and all parts.

Thanks, Otes.

The question is will the 2 DW pumps on the hanger fit. It's tight with the Walbros. I helped a friend put a Red Armstong dp in his tank and it was very close.

What ever pump you chose don't forget the rest of system needs modification too. The Saginaw fittings have to go. They are a restriction. I know some get by without removing them but I wouldn't trust it when you need to flow that much fuel.

I'd us the 386lph pump from Racetronix, put a boost-a-pump on it.

Or I'd go external and your options are endless.

You can also use Aeromotive pumps (like the Eliminator or Pro Series) in-tank as well. Just a thought.

From my understanding the DW pumps are too wide to fit two in the tank opening side-by-side

I've read the same thing about the Walbros barely fitting so something larger is probably not an option. From the original poster's sig, it looks like he's already running 80lb injectors and the DW pump. Why not just add the volt booster and see how far it takes you?