Bison, ROUND 2!!!! get your vote in!!!

Round 2 what will the results be this time?

• Low 10s again and drive it back on the trailer

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • a high 9 sec pass by end of the evening

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • KABOOM!

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Car wont make a full pass

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
I didn't lean out on the last pass. The damage was done 2 weeks ago most likely. Champion rails don't help unless they both fed and the regulator is external.

Thats what i did, dual feed and dual return to regulator and a 8 return.

quess i should of said stock configuration.

I read that it probably happened from earlier passes. what kinda pistins where thay?

JD

Thats what i did, dual feed and dual return to regulator and a 8 return.

quess i should of said stock configuration.

I read that it probably happened from earlier passes. what kinda pistins where thay?

JD
The entire bottom end was as assembled from GM. 700+hp on them and you can't expect it to last long

The entire bottom end was as assembled from GM. 700+hp on them and you can't expect it to last long

WOW!!!!!!!!

definalty went further then most!!!!

you do have another short block rite???

JD

WOW!!!!!!!!

definalty went further then most!!!!

you do have another short block rite???

JD
This was just a test. I'm dropping in a RPE shortblock with some different heads and cam.

you leaned on the stock stuff pretty good.i finished off a stock motor with a nitrous hit,2 pistons cracked right threw the center and cylinder 1 was one of them,lasted about 1100 feet.pistons took no heat, just couldnt take the cylinder pressure,and had that clanking sound you described.

COOL, so are you bringing the new combo to Bowling Green??

JD
Maybe.. It wont be anything really new though. Just different than the low CR stock bottom end engine. Ill be keeping the 66 turbo. AC condensor and lines away from TAI and THS

you leaned on the stock stuff pretty good.i finished off a stock motor with a nitrous hit,2 pistons cracked right threw the center and cylinder 1 was one of them,lasted about 1100 feet.pistons took no heat, just couldnt take the cylinder pressure,and had that clanking sound you described.
You never know. I ran one for a long time making at least the power this one was.

Sucks about the engine but, still very cool what you were able to do with a stock bottom end. Did the new shocks help control the launch better?

Maybe.. It wont be anything really new though. Just different than the low CR stock bottom end engine. Ill be keeping the 66 turbo. AC condensor and lines away from TAI and THS

TAI!!! all the way , I am done with THS.

Put the 400 back in and things seem to be going GOOD!!!

200r4 are the weak link in THS ,I have had enough of those headaches!!!!!!!!!!!

Really hopr to see you in B/G!!!

JD

Bison.....

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 229
How did he melt that?
The oil spray from the engine hits the ex and ignites. It burned out in about 15 seconds. Hit it with a fire extinguisher to be sure it wouldnt re-ignite

TAI!!! all the way , I am done with THS.

Put the 400 back in and things seem to be going GOOD!!!

200r4 are the weak link in THS ,I have had enough of those headaches!!!!!!!!!!!

Really hopr to see you in B/G!!!

JD

You just need a properly built 200. I have about 75 10.2/3 runs and about 50 more mid ten runs on my 200 this summer without even a hiccup. I was worried about going 400 to a 200 but I stopped thinking about it around pass 40 or so when my shifts on the data logs always look the same. My 200 is just an ea s2.

Bison, that would be cool as hell if you ran ths in bg.
I think the stock fuel rail gets thrown under the bus too much. I just ran 137.75 mph on e85 (which takes 30% more fuel) through my stock rail and the last holes showed no signs of running lean (plugs don't lie.) Now, if you have a weak fuel supply, I think it will show up on 1 and 3 first. Instill think when using alky for a good portion of your fueling causes the front cylinders to go lean on some (not all for whatever reason) faster cars. Locally, we have seen it too many times to make me change my mind.

You just need a properly built 200. I have about 75 10.2/3 runs and about 50 more mid ten runs on my 200 this summer without even a hiccup. I was worried about going 400 to a 200 but I stopped thinking about it around pass 40 or so when my shifts on the data logs always look the same. My 200 is just an ea s2.

Yep, I also have a stage 2 and no problems...I know I'm not quite as fast as you or JD, but it's been in there for about 10 years and lots of abuse even before I owned the car...Lonnie freshened it up about 5 years ago, no breakage just some slip after years of abuse with a transbrake.

Yep, I also have a stage 2 and no problems...I know I'm not quite as fast as you or JD, but it's been in there for about 10 years and lots of abuse even before I owned the car...Lonnie freshened it up about 5 years ago, no breakage just some slip after years of abuse with a transbrake.

Had an extremely well built unit, Sold it before I had anymore trouble's, believe it or not Lonnie isn't the only one that know's a thing or too about 200's, not knocking his work at all.

I do know that they will last at low to mid 10's, I'm looking for mid 9's and thats where the weak link is, the 200r4 can do it but you will be rebulding after every race ,just ask Sean and John,they just where not made for that kind of ABUSE.

I just felt it was time to limit the amount of extra work it eas going to take to reach my goal's!!

Look forward to seeing you guy's in B/G ,I hear there is going to be a few new Heavy hitters this year!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

JD

You just need a properly built 200. I have about 75 10.2/3 runs and about 50 more mid ten runs on my 200 this summer without even a hiccup.
Kevin you and a few other would absolutely be the exception to the rule as far as the 200 being reliable for that long. I see them come into Otto's shop rountinely for repair and 99% arent going remotely that fast for that long. And many of the trannys are built by top name builders. My next TR will have a 400 period.