Bison, ROUND 2!!!! get your vote in!!!

Round 2 what will the results be this time?

• Low 10s again and drive it back on the trailer

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • a high 9 sec pass by end of the evening

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • KABOOM!

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Car wont make a full pass

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
No boom, Brian had the smarts to lift.)
The car layed over hard when he hit high gear. The second pump did not come on (he can explain why)
It still has compression in all 6 cylinders but we had a small bit of pressure in the cooling system.
Gonna pop the head off to check the gasket. Next Wed....
Lifting before the 1/8th it rolled to an 11.40. Drove it on the trailer.
He is tearing it down as we speak

It lives to fight another day........:biggrin:

10's=1
9's=0
Drive on trailer=2
Shovel=0
headgaskets=3......(2) by default.

Next time guy's.

Heard some noise around 500ft so let out of it. 1.48 60' again. Noticed some water dripping off the back of the engine so I put it back on the trailer. At least it's not what we thought it was. All plugs looked good and all cylinders still had compression but I'm going in a little further to see if anything is out of place. Fwiw the car rolled to 11.56 letting off at 500'. 330' was there. Hopefully round 3 next week

Bison, what does the car weight and has it been 9s with a different combo in the past?

Thanks, Kip

Brian you are definately the most motivated/ determined person i know and i have no doubt it will at the track again next week!! I myself would've given up for awhile so i wouldnt end up lighting the car on fire !!!! Good luck im sure you will get there!!!!

Bison, what does the car weight and has it been 9s with a different combo in the past?

Thanks, Kip

Im pretty sure his 10.13 pass last week was his fastest pass to date. Pretty sure last year or the year before i believe he had a bunch more MPH with a diffrent engine

You guys still on for this wednesday? I'm in the Albany area for work and was thinking of going to LVD for the night.

Chris
Car should be back together tomorrow, but we are not 100% on wed night yet.

The power it takes to go 9's isn't very forgiving. I had issues with my 2nd pump coming on, trans issues, then a chewed up turbine wheel preventing boost over 21psi fighting my car. They were all stupid minor issues (other than the exhaust guides eating the turbine wheel), but unforseeable, and unavoidable. 10's are easy. 9's can be a struggle. Hopefully the bottom end isn't feeling the pain. That is the real challenge. The rest of the combo has it in it with a built bottom end. The 66mm compressor has been 138+ as a TA66 old school 11 blade Q trim, on an iron headed, 7.6:1, stock location intercooled, 206 roller cam car in the early 2000's.
Is the question of will it go 9's the combo, or the stock short block lasting on now its 4th run of mostly detonation free, clean tuning?
I hope people still understand you can run over your crank running 12's and detonating the crap out of it. 9's isn't the new limit for stock short blocks, just like 9.0's even 8.8's isn't the safe repeatable limit for the average "built" 109.

Glad to hear the car is back together. You guys have been putting a lot of time in the past few weeks.

Well keep us updated if you go or not, I would like to come check it out.

Thanks, Kip

The quickest was 10.13 and the fastest was 137+mph. It's been 114mph in the eighth also. 10.3888@119.50 on alky on an aborted pass with a 1.77 60'. The later 3 with a different shortblock, heads, and cam. It will be getting a good shortblock very soon to prepare for some other ass beatings it will be dishing out. It's around 3500. I'll be weighing it but I'm not posting the exact weight. If the car gets run at any event I wouldn't want any competition to know my ballast weight.

The power it takes to go 9's isn't very forgiving. I had issues with my 2nd pump coming on, trans issues, then a chewed up turbine wheel preventing boost over 21psi fighting my car. They were all stupid minor issues (other than the exhaust guides eating the turbine wheel), but unforseeable, and unavoidable. 10's are easy. 9's can be a struggle. Hopefully the bottom end isn't feeling the pain. That is the real challenge. The rest of the combo has it in it with a built bottom end. The 66mm compressor has been 138+ as a TA66 old school 11 blade Q trim, on an iron headed, 7.6:1, stock location intercooled, 206 roller cam car in the early 2000's.
Is the question of will it go 9's the combo, or the stock short block lasting on now its 4th run of mostly detonation free, clean tuning?
I hope people still understand you can run over your crank running 12's and detonating the crap out of it. 9's isn't the new limit for stock short blocks, just like 9.0's even 8.8's isn't the safe repeatable limit for the average "built" 109.
It's got about 45 seconds of time at 600+whp. The last one I had had over ten minutes over 600whp. You never know what you're going to get.

It's got about 45 seconds of time at 600+whp. The last one I had had over ten minutes over 600whp. You never know what you're going to get.
Exactly, it could have had years of detonation at an 11 sec level. I broke a crank in a high 11, mostly low 12 sec stock turboed car. I never even blew a head gasket with it, but it broke. The car had been flogged before I owned it, then put back to stock and sold.