Big chiefs car DESTROYED !!!!

Today was a Memorial Day Marathon of Street Outlaws leading up to this evenings new episode that showed the wreck of Big Chief's car.

Even though I have known of the wreck & have seen the previews for several months, it was still upsetting to see how bad the wreck really was. Once the car was hit in the left rear quarter & went sideways, it was all over. Several barrel rolls & then a few end over end rolls. It was a very violent crash! Definitely an emotional episode for the families & friends of both drivers. I felt bad for the loss of Big Chief's first car. Fortunately both vehicles had what appeared to be well designed roll cages around the driver's seats. It will be interesting to see how the show plays out & evolves in the upcoming episodes.

You do NOT want to go up against me in any I.Q. test. You will lose!

The base of the problem is that you don't approve of something so you condemn it.

The second statement is circular logic, thus obviating the first statement. :D

(Nothing like a good flame war. If only the participants could end up like those two cars .... :vamp:)

After the crash he was still dazed and not even out of the car yet but was asking if the other driver was ok......... to me that says a lot about someone's true character.

Street racing has been a part of the automotive world from the first time that there were two cars, two drivers & a road. Like it or not, it is part of automotive history. I don't think a single one of you can truly claim to have never been involved in some form of an acceleration contest on a public roadway.
You guys should read the disclaimer at the beginning of the show.It clearly states that all the racing on the show is done in a controlled environment. What happened to these two guys could have just as easily happened at the drag strip. Another , so called controlled environment.

While I am not a fan of the Street racing the facts are that this is pretty far away from what we call street racing. In most of the shows its done at an airport that is shut down. The cars go through tech and safety people are present. Personally I would like them to make those facts a little more out in the open. They were filming a show against Detroit and I know a few of the guys that were there. Even though I do not condone actual street racing to say that these guys "deserved" to wreck and almost die is just wrong. Who wishes that on another?
And two ambulances just showed up out of nowhere almost immediately. Hmmmmm.

He's lucky one of those fence posts he rolled over didn't impale him. That street is probably one of the worst ones you could possibly pick to race on. Blunt curbs, chain link fences, and other nearby obstacles to hit if you go off the road surface. An abandoned airport runway would be much safer. In all honesty, I think it is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt and sues all parties involved and the whole shebang gets shut down for good. The wreck made for good tv, but it's unfortunate he was hurt. Don't worry about the car, I'm sure Discovery and his fans will more than cover the replacement cost.

IMHO, if it weren't for the fact that I DVR this show so I can skip thru all the trash talking BS drama and just get to the racing - I probably wouldn't watch it. I know much of it is scripted; and I'm sure most (if not all) of the racing goes on 100% legal in controlled conditions on closed roads set up by the Discovery Channel; with safety personnel on standby - just off camera, of course.

So what "new" car will Big Chief be introducing tonight?
You been under a rock?? [emoji12]

uploadfromtaptalk1465258273757.jpeg

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

He's lucky one of those fence posts he rolled over didn't impale him. That street is probably one of the worst ones you could possibly pick to race on. Blunt curbs, chain link fences, and other nearby obstacles to hit if you go off the road surface. An abandoned airport runway would be much safer. In all honesty, I think it is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt and sues all parties involved and the whole shebang gets shut down for good. The wreck made for good tv, but it's unfortunate he was hurt. Don't worry about the car, I'm sure Discovery and his fans will more than cover the replacement cost.

IMHO, if it weren't for the fact that I DVR this show so I can skip thru all the trash talking BS drama and just get to the racing - I probably wouldn't watch it. .

That back n forth setting up a race is a big part of street racing. I know it is why many show up and do it. The danger and intrigue of doing an illegal act is just the cherry on top. Gambling is a big draw and setting your own rules gambling, well, that draws a whole other slice of the public.

New car is still in one piece as of Wednesday afternoon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 156
Well... Tonight's episode was interesting!

Glad to see Big Chief behind the wheel again, but I think he might be suffering from some chronic pain, or pain pill rage.

Well... Tonight's episode was interesting!

Glad to see Big Chief behind the wheel again, but I think he might be suffering from some chronic pain, or pain pill rage.
Is it me or did Big Chief seem like a real big dickhead in this last episode? It appeared that he wasn't nearly as objective as he usually is as the racemaster. Looked more like he had a personal agenda....
AG.

Something wasn't quite right.

Usually he appears to be more calm. The milking of the PTSD angle is a bit tiresome. You decided to jump back in the driver seat & bought a car that upped the game. Get on with it.

I wonder how much pressure/drama is created by the filming crews & schedules.

Is it me or did Big Chief seem like a real big dickhead in this last episode? It appeared that he wasn't nearly as objective as he usually is as the racemaster. Looked more like he had a personal agenda....
AG.

I sorta got that vibe as well, he is usually very diplomatic. But we don't know all the other background info that may be going on that Discovery doesn't show. Doc was spot blocking number 1, the spot the entire list is trying to get to. So that has to be a bit frustrating... Not defending him but maybe he was just tired of the BS that must be a daily occurrence for him doing what he does.

Or maybe JM is right and his prescription ran out...

I sorta got that vibe as well, he is usually very diplomatic. But we don't know all the other background info that may be going on that Discovery doesn't show. Doc was spot blocking number 1, the spot the entire list is trying to get to. So that has to be a bit frustrating... Not defending him but maybe he was just tired of the BS that must be a daily occurrence for him doing what he does.

Or maybe JM is right and his prescription ran out...

I was a little disappointed last night from his reaction. I didn't get the impression there was intentional spot blocking but just a simple safety issue with the road. And I'm sure some of it was pressure to get on that list before there season was over.
AG.

It was the season finally so they need something to hook you so that you continue watching.