Beware Of Gbodyparts

Man, this is one of the reasons I sold my Buick. I figured if I wanted to deal with whiney people always b!tching about something I'd go race Chevy's.

Brian’s a good guy, I’ve known Brian long before there was a G-BodyParts. I frequently joke with Brian remembering when it all started, one car on a trailer showing up at local events and stripping parts off as needed. Hell, in those days Brian gave half the small parts away just so he didn’t need to bring them back. He’s always been a standup guy. I’ve read many of these types of threads about him and they always seem to be related to someone expecting something quickly and not being able to get a hold of Brian right away. Anyone that’s been on these boards long enough knows about Brian. It’s pretty clear to see that if you have a problem with an order he’s going to make good on it, just contact him. If you don’t get an immediate response it’s probably because he’s away from his computer or way back in one of the garages. He will get back to you, Brian rarely ignores anyone. If you’re a little patient with the rare times he can’t get right back to you you’ll end up being much happier. The only time I think Brian gets his hairs up is when someone complains before giving him a chance to rectify the situation. Brian’s a good guy and if you let him rectify the situation he’ll usually go over and above to make you happy. He didn’t get this big by having unhappy customers.

Art.

just did some business with him and worked with me on a different shipping method in which he didn't have to. seems like a good guy to me. i bought it online today, emailed him, and got 6 more emails from him.

thanks again brian.

"That being said, I won't do risk doing business with this vendor only because I've seen so many complaints from customers. This can't be coincidence, there must be something wrong. In business you sell customer service as well as products. If the customer has to resort to posting on some board or e-mailing over and over about consistent problems that's not right."

Do yourself a big favor and reconsider. you are reading a few negative posts and missing the thousands of happy customers that are smiling like a kid on Christmas who didn't post. I'm not say that the complaints are wrong. i'm sure they have some merit. at least some of them, maybe most. but realize that some of the negative is piling on by a few unhappy campers, who obviously have an axe to grind. yes, i am questioning their motivation. all i'm saying is that you should give Gbody a try. in my opinion you would be missing out on a great resource if you don't. Gbody is by no means perfect, none of us are. but they have been and hopefully will always be a valuable option for us boys with our g-toys. cheers!!!

Installed Vac Brake, Missing Billet Vac Block

UPDATE: August 4, 2008
Installed vac brake after several attempts to stay with powermaster... only to find that it was missing Billet Vac Block...

"Kit comes with everything pictured. Billet vacuum block, lines and used brake pedal." as described on gbodyparts.com

missing item circled...
gbodypart_vac_brake_missing_part.jpg

6 months later and you finally realize a part isn't there? :eek:

This is also what I see ALOT, People buying something from here B*tching that it took so long for it to arrive, B*tching that they really need it "yesterday" Only to find out that the part/parts they ordered are probably sitting on there floor months & months later!!!

SO, What I can't understand is why people are so QUICK to come onto a public forum and post a negative responce when they are in no desperate need of the parts mentioned in the negative post anyway!

People, Please just kick back alittle and make numerous phone calls & E-mails if you have to. Instead of resulting to a public forum for the minor and meaningless negative information.. The problem or issue your having WILL BE SOLVED IN THE END... It always is!!!

Scot W.

UPDATE: August 4, 2008
Installed vac brake after several attempts to stay with powermaster... only to find that it was missing Billet Vac Block...

"Kit comes with everything pictured. Billet vacuum block, lines and used brake pedal." as described on gbodyparts.com

missing item circled...
gbodypart_vac_brake_missing_part.jpg

Already responded to your e-mail this morning when I got in. Nice of you to give me time to respond to it before you post. Also thanks for sending me the link Scott.

The parts are & were shipped with the kit. If for any reason the block was on back order we would have made a note & shipped as soon as they were in or if it was a next or second day situation we would of had Caspers ship it direct. This wasn't the case.

We will not be responsible for items that were shipped that long ago & were not inspected upon receiving. There are too many variables that can happen in that amount of time. If you e-mailed me & explain the situation we will sell you one at our cost.
What if the items was damaged during shipping? Would you expect us to go back after 6 months & get you a new item? UPS wouldn't honor the claim after that period of time but you would expect us to?

March 12th you posted & today's date is August 7th. Items must be inspected & returned with in 30 days.
This is our policy & also on our site:
GBodyParts.com Online

This is the most pathetic thread I have seen concerning a Buick vendor.:mad:

Where have all the "REAL" GN owners gone after all these years? Certainly the old motto of "the customer is always right" is no longer valid here in the Buick community.:eek:

Sounds like a soap opera drama - bitching because parts were not delivered overnight, then 6 months later more bitching because a part is "allegedly" missing. Oh the shame, lets go lynch Brain for this awful deed that he did!

There must be an easier way than putting up with all this crap lately Brian? At least maybe you should put up all the "necessary" disclaimers on your home page instead of specials or new products?

Rememeber Brian, life is a test, and your seems to be a long, hard one, at least on the board!:D

I've also ordered lots of stuff from Brian. Once in a while a part is back ordered & comes in a seperate package on a seperate day. Sh1t happens, things get delayed. Brian is one of the few guys left in this business that cares not only for the customer, but also a love for the T.R. itself. I also feel that comunication is very important. If someone orders something that is out of stock, send them an e mail telling them that so they are not expecting the part in a few days & it ends up being 2 weeks. I run a shop, I keep in contact with the customer as much as possible, let them know of additions to the bill as needed, & when I call the customer to let them know their car is ready for pick up, I tell them the total price right there & then. That way there are no surprises when they come to pay. A little communication goes a long way.... Keep up the great work Brian. You are among the best.

Buick owners are sure a weird bunch!! Elite isnt the word either!

You are right on both counts!:D

It is sad that this "new" attitude of "you owe me" is taking over not only in the Buick arena, but the country in general. In the old days, I would send out an item after talking to someone, and trust them to send, payment which they always did.

If there was a problem [VERY few], they would contact me, and we would make them happy.:)

At this point, there are too many customers you can not make happy even if the product was free.:mad:

You know maybe we should all sell our Buicks...

I wanted to stay with Powermaster Brake! I did not want to change to Vacuum... But after spending money on Powermaster (3 of them) and lots of labor to stay with powermaster (install/remove/install/remove) it would have been different if I were the mechanic fixing it... I added new accumul. ball to powermaster and yet no fix, I brought my powermaster to gs nats for new one from Kirban, then the new powermaster brake system did not work... Lets see about $1000 spent on labor and brake parts and March to August, it was time to change to vacuum. My friend and mechanic did not want to move to vacuum, so I had to find another Buick mechanic to swap out vac brake... Then while it was being fixed, people at work for 2nd mechanic were sick or injured so he was unable to work on GN as planned...

I should not be required to inspect every part I purchase to veirfy if it is actually there...I don't get paid to babysit you doing your job as a vendor... That is why I prefer to buy in person and package myself, no complaints if purchased in person... Unrelated to Brian, I purchased a set of valve covers (ebay) only to find it is the wrong set but it was advertised and looked exactly like GN valve covers. There are great vendors and it depends on who YOU are and the way YOU get treated...

My original GN is not a money pit and it doesn't need lots of attention as used GNs with lots of owner modifications... MY 2nd GN hardtop is a money pit that needs lots of attention... Now I know what it feels like to be an owner of a 21 year Buick GN with modifications...

6 months or 10 years, I stated the facts... I did a follow up.

Complaining is not my nature... buying a product and not getting what I paid for is my right to explain the truth. Brian responded it should have been in the package... Message boards and texts and instant messages are very general, AND exclude important information of he said she said.

I know some people don't like me, but I don't like them either, but I suck it up and smile and shake your hand and be nice with kindness... I am not a keyboard gangster!

Brian responded and said it should be there, it is not! Will he send the part probably not... My best response is to dump this car and move off this board, but I probably will not...

Parts are bought with the intention of installing, but as you know sometimes when you fix one thing you find another thing and it has to be fixed first... I have a life too, fixing the house, remodelling, out to dinner, a movie, relaxing and oh yeah sleep... just a normal guy like you... believe it or not!

i know when i get parts i always crack the box open to make sure it is all there wether i put it in that night or 3 months from that time

I bought used vac brake not free vac brake, if I get something for free, u will not hear me cry...

The vacuum brake from Brian was a back up, but then became the SOLUTION... Thank You... I did not remove contents of brake kit until Brian from Green Bay, an ASC mechanic and WE4 owner, whom installed the vac brake kit, he stated it was missing... so if blame has to on someone then it is the mechanic, yeahhhhh the mechanic stole it for his WE4, give me a break!

Part was missing, billet block! end of story, did we get it fixed, yesss!!!!

GBGN1 is the mechanic and member of TB.com, WE4 owner...

Vendors currently used on GN Hardtop #2
Kirban
Gbodyparts
RJC Racing
GN 1 Performance
Quad Air - Red & Jane Armstrong
Pete Hoffman
ebay
GNX 233, 485
plus 3 different mechanics

Did you know that member input and replies are more stressful than all of my GN problems combined -- rear main seal leak, tranny leak, brakes not working, valve covers leaking, driver header cracked... most of it fixed or getting fixed...

end of story...
Brain Weavy - I aplogize for the way this happened, have we all learned from it, yesss, if the part was not included, how much to buy another one and ship to my address...??

i recieved an item, wiper water Resivoir, i told them i thought it was a bit scratch'd they said no problem send it back, and i do know the item came from the buick dealership in that condition. that kind of service is what's brings me and other's back to brian, that and his dam web-site is so easy to order from, :D

............I should not be required to inspect every part I purchase to veirfy if it is actually there...

.......I know some people don't like me, but I don't like them either....

Sorry, but yes you NEED to inspect every purchase. Both Jegs and Summit have sent me the wrong parts. But I did not get on the internet and whine about it.:rolleyes:

When you look at the simple facts, it was a mail order that was not perfect. only damage done was to Brian's reputation for the way you presented the "your facts" and the follow up 6 months later. Personally, I would be embarresed to state I missed a part 6 months later.:eek:

Again, speaking my opinion, I personally have no dis-like for you and think the majority in this thread feel the same. However, we are not impressed with your method and some of the statements you have made.:smile:

Do agree with you though, let us move on and learn from the experience here.:cool:

It is sad that this "new" attitude of "you owe me" is taking over not only in the Buick arena, but the country in general. In the old days, I would send out an item after talking to someone, and trust them to send, payment which they always did.

If there was a problem [VERY few], they would contact me, and we would make them happy.:)

At this point, there are too many customers you can not make happy even if the product was free.:mad:

So true, Nick- so true.

Just think....you give something to a client to make something right, and they'll still bitch that it wasn't shipped fast enough....

Nick - send me some free parts (I'm thinking a new turbo and torque converter) and I will tell you if it makes me happy!

Seriously - both you and Brian have always treated me right.

Thanks to both of you.

Rob

When will this thread vanish...

The Facts are the FACTS are the facts, one day or 5 months, from March to August 2008 (5 Months). I did not open Vacuum Brake and I did not remove anything from the shipping box until it was installed by the mechanic.

The only response as quoted by Gbodyparts "it should be there" The only response I get is from this thread and the people that read it, who copy and paste it and send it to Gbodyparts, maybe he will see this too...

My intentions were to keep the Vacuum Brake Kit as "BACK-UP". BUT after 3 different powermaster units and 2 accumulator balls and NO BRAKES from March to August, the Vacuum Kit was installed. End of story...

This is one story, the truth, the facts... whether it happend to you or not... I do not need a lecture how to purchase parts or the policy implemented by past, present and future Buick Owners, on "proper procedure" for car part purchases. In fact, I have been blessed with my low mileage original 87 GN in stock condition...

However when you buy a beat up GN that needs attention and lots, lots of money, you need reliable vendors with quality parts... this last sentence is not intended to disrespect any vendor. Only an observation...

you are right nick when i need a flywheel and couldnt find one called you to see if you had it , you said got one right here on the shelf i'll get it out to you asap , before i even paid ! great guy , helped me out big time . I WenT to the post office and got the money out to nick right away , THANKS NICK FOR YOUR HELP . :smile: