Beware Of Gbodyparts

GNregistry

Purchased Used Vacuum Brake Conversion

UPS Shipment... waiting......

Today Gbodyparts.com CANCELLED shipment.

UMMMMMMMMMM

SOP or just a fluke???

Bad experience travels faster than great experience...

Glad I used CC through PayPal, no brake kit, no payment!!!!

Brett Wallace

Did you make an effort to contact them? I haven't had the greatest experience with them either, but coming to the boards right away to complain isn't right if you haven't at least called to find out what happened. If you can't get an explanation through phone or email, then maybe come and complain.

Got my fbody fans from him today. Did you try PMing him? He replied to my pms within minutes... I had a problem with a DP i got from them but after a phone call, all was good.

Just PM him

I bought a set of T/A headers from them a while back i got them in like 3 or 4 days. And im wayyyy down here in Georgia.
I havent seen a person, company , animal, plant, automobiles that doesnt have good & bad days at some time or another.

So maybe just a reason or circumstance thats maybe unexplainable as of yet.
Get in touch & find out what happened & you'll probably find that the previous mentioned suggestions is probably just the case.

UMMMMMMMMMM

SOP or just a fluke???

Brett Wallace

Brett You shipped yesterday. Not sure why the original UPS was cancelled.
Maybe the unit had leaked on the box, Maybe the sticker had damage,Maybe a part was missing & they had to open the package up.

Honestly not sure.I did watch it get packed up again yesterday.

We cancel shipments quite often. If the package was suppose to leave that day & UPS came early we re-make a sticker up so we do not get the call my package is 1 day late. Where is my package etc...
But I guarantee if you got 1 tracking # you recieved another.

Relax boys spring is almost here & cabin fever will be over with!!!
I know how it is being stuck in a house all winter & how things get. Been doing this Business for a few weeks here on & off.:biggrin: :wink:
Samballs told me in Dec. some one ripped him a new one. I just laughed & said wait until Feb. or March is here you'll wonder why your even in the Buick business.:eek:

BTW tracking # is 1Z56R470344746XXX Left the last 3 off due to personal privacy.

UMMMMMMMMMM

SOP or just a fluke???

Brett Wallace

This is the kind of stupid crap that makes Buick vendors and suppliers wonder why they should even bother?:mad:

A public bashing and derogatory post of a vendor instead of a simple phone call or e-mail to see what happened should have been the first reaction.

The damage is done when "beware of Gbodyparts" is the subject.:eek:

I guess it is not only the Buick community that has lost their feelings of decency and common sense, but the whole world???:confused:

G-body parts

Almost every time I have ordered parts from them, they arrive and no issues. One time I recieved a bill but no parts. I e-mailed Brian and he took care of it right away.:cool: Keep the parts coming. Thanks.

Maybe its just me, but i seem to always get jacked around when it comes to parts, and or work done to the car, takes way to long, im trying to learn to do my own work in every area i can.

1chance -

the only person that got "jacked around" in this thread is the vendor, Brian Weavy (G-Body Parts). The original poster jumped the gun and posted a negative comment before making a reasonable effort to determine what was actually going on with his order. Brian has responded publicly in this thread and with the same patience and courtesy he always does.

UMMMMMMMMMM

SOP or just a fluke???

Brett Wallace

Did you make any attempt to contact them before posting this? You have all this gnx stuff going on, I would think you would email or call before bashing...

I understand he may have jump the gun, i was just putting my 2cent in on alot of my dealing with diffrent people, im not the one to bi^&h alot, i just say ill learn to do as much of my work as i can.

I understand he may have jump the gun, i was just putting my 2cent in on alot of my dealing with diffrent people, im not the one to bi^&h alot, i just say ill learn to do as much of my work as i can.
Brian has been nothing but perfect to me in every aspect, I have been dealing with him for 5years. Did anyone ever think how some of the new parts that are on eBay the stuff we can and wouldn’t be able to get without good vendors. who take the hobby seriously and do whatever they can to get us the stuff that we love to show off as alpha males.... it would behoove you to have more trust in people especially Brian..

Beware Of Gbodyparts ,,,,, Be serious.....

YES, I did contact, and no I did not complain, questions only

YES, I did contact, and no I did not complain, questions only...

No email response, it seems Brain chose to respond here vs to me directly. This is my first purchase from Gbody. Another member of TB and resident in my area stated to use Brian despite past history... complaints, heart issues... I understand... I had 2 major surgeries in one year, that laid me up for 3 months for each, plus divorce

Why is it that Brain chose to answer here on TB vs to me directly?

I have been on both sides. It sucks waiting for people to pay or to pay and wait for shipment... I am not bashing, but everybody needs to relax. Is this like road rage on the net, going fast no where, just to get ahead to slam on your brakes... Another detour to avoid public bull...

When I ask for help, very little is offered, then when I post a simple question or problem, everybody is there to offer comments.

OK, I purchased a vacuum brake kit shipped March 11th, 2 days later the shipment is cancelled, becuz it had the WRONG brake pedal per Brians phone call, question was it even shipped, how could it be cancelled after it left shop, then it could have been leakage..., I don't care what is the story. Email or call and let me know whats up, if you can't do it or not available, a simple NO is adequate, I can look more or wait, just don't leave me hanging or wondering. And if you don't know the facts or all of story, call or email me, don't judge me becuz of the words I used. Gee'z just a $175 part...

I was married and hated the bickering and who said or did what... Trust and communication is the key to getting along, but that seems to matter less today, cell phone, home phone, work phone, fax number, email, texts, get a hold of me anyway possible, but I don't have time... I never needed parts for my garage queen and now since my purchase of my 2nd GN with 89,000 miles and lots of work to be done it is different to have to search and find deals where the markup isn't 1000% over the actual cost. I find it hard to trust and believe everything you see and hear today, greedy/tight arse american buick owners want everything for nothing or charge a small fortune to buy a part.

By The Way
My First and Last Name was posted --- SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHO I AM. I don't hide behind my computer --- but I know why I don't use BB boards... You have be a politician around here... Also, I will be gone this weekend to get away, so don't hold your breath for a response!

GNregistry.com
Brett Wallace

If you don't like me or who I am, so what... I can sleep at night!!!

Sidebar:
I ordered NEW TA49 Turbo from Kirban and it will be shipped another date becuz it is not in stock, then there is additional fee to ship, even after I spent $848 last week and $1100 this week, total of $1900 in 2 weeks, and he needs $17 for 2nd shipment of the TA49... Maybe $1900 isn't much to some, but $1,900 in parts, is alot to me, which does not include labor, installing, I am just an owner, not a mechanic. Gbody isn't the only vendor in town with problems, look in your own city, state and yard. Relax and smile, be happy!!

I ordered from GBodyparts a few times and have never had any issue at all, everything arrived within a few day's. Customer service was great also, I'm sure it was just a mistake.

i have orderd many of parts from brian with no problem what so ever and i will continue to buy parts there as well as kip full thottle and many other great venders thanks for all your help guys !!!!!

"No email response, it seems Brain chose to respond here vs to me directly."

Brett you did call & e-mail but that was after the post.I responded to the first way I was contacted.That is why I stated yesterday when you called read your post.

We are not Jegs & we are not Summit.

We are a Small business catering to a small community in comparison to most businesses. Problem is we are too big to work out of a house. I deal with companies that supply Jegs & Summit & believe me the service & communication is not what you would expect.

The complaining about Gbodyparts, Kirban's, etc.. is getting way out of hand.
We do the best we can to get parts out in a timely fashion. I have been on the other side of the fence. I do remember getting a 70MM tb & plenum in under 2 weeks & I was happy. Yes that was years ago.

We want to get the parts out to make $. It's not like we are so well to do I work a 40 hour week & take an hour lunch. Haven't done that in 8 -9 years. It also wasn't this business.

I had complaints today about new Gm parts in the bag. Sorry I'm not the multi million dollar company that packaged it,neither is Kirban or whoever.We will make it right.
The manufacturers we are using are also catering to a small community. How many want to build something for a 20+ year old car? Not many when they can build thousands for F-bodies & Mustangs.

Here is an e-mail I recieved today:
We hope it does however, since we have limited resources for new products we’re kind of picking and choosing which ones gives us the best return on investment. Right now we’re working on two new convertible top patterns, just finished a 98-03 Ranger Seat Upholstery pattern. We also just finished the 81-86 Mustang Door Panels and now I’m working on a 79-93 Mustang Coupe Package Tray. I also just finished the Front Buckets for a Suburban and two more Mustang seat upholstery sets.

When you had enough of Buick vendors call Jegs or Summit & order a turbo & get free shipping.
If you think $1900 is alot to you see what it takes financially to keep alot of parts stocked.

Bweavy; If you think $1900 is alot to you see what it takes financially to keep alot of parts stocked.[/QUOTE said:
Maybe you should downsize a bit,It seems to me that most of the complaints are of a lack of communication.The customer gets none!!!

This is the kind of stupid crap that makes Buick vendors and suppliers wonder why they should even bother?:mad:

A public bashing and derogatory post of a vendor instead of a simple phone call or e-mail to see what happened should have been the first reaction.

The damage is done when "beware of Gbodyparts" is the subject.:eek:

I guess it is not only the Buick community that has lost their feelings of decency and common sense, but the whole world???:confused:

x2. Hope you're doing well Nick, long time no speak.

Brian,

I hear exactly what you're saying...as a small biz owner myself, the only time anyone calls is to complain. And it's usually amazingly petty. Just switch over to doing third and fourth-gen F body stuff, and make some real dough.

BTW, I've bought parts from Brian a couple of times, no problems. I don't think I got it lightning fast, and as I recall, the world didn't collapse.

Maybe you should downsize a bit,It seems to me that most of the complaints are of a lack of communication.The customer gets none!!!

I'm sure Brian would be happy to beef up the infrastructure to include dedicated more phone and online sales and support staff, but I don't think you want to have those costs passed along to you, the consumer.

vendor bashing in this thread = bad :mad:

GNregistry's avatar = good! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

(just a more light-hearted perspective) :biggrin: