Best Turbo for a 2800 Stall Converter

It n it not only spools better it will cruise better the the 10" unlocked, the car will 330' much better, abd it will nearly lock up up top. It's a combo specific converter with a custom stator and is lighter than a LU converter. you give up about 4-5% on light cruise with the 9.5" sometimes it seems like less than that.

Thanks for the info. And not just this thread but everything you contribute, you too Dusty. I have two more questions though. If my current converter stalls at a real 2700 rpm 0-1psi, even though it is a lock up, if the car is running right, will it not spool a JB 6262 better than the OP 7-8secs? Also, you state that a nonlock TC will almost lock on the top end, but is that true even at 5,000 rpm? I don't run my car past that and HP peaks before that anyway so I keep it in the meat. I lock my current converter in 3rd with a switch so pretty much the entire last 1/8th. I know I'm giving up ET with the lockup converter though as I pick up a solid 25mph in the backhalf to finish at 117mph but I can't ET better than 11.6 even with a good 60' and I believe it's what I'm giving up with the converter unlocked for the 1/8 then locked the backhalf.

So Bison I am getting a transmission rebuilded,I have a TA49 Turbo with 42lbs injectors, 206/206 flattappet cam, alky ,3inch dp,2.5 exhaust and all that other good stuff.My Question for you is which would be the best converter for my setup,the 9.5 Protorque 2800-3000 stall non lock or the lockup.
I would spend the $ on a PTC 9.5" NL because it is easily adjustable and will work better than the pro torque. Re-sale vale if you decided to sell it would be higher. The pro torque will work fine at your power level but nothing ive seen can spool and couple the power like a PTC 9.5" on these small ci turbo engines.

Thanks for the info. And not just this thread but everything you contribute, you too Dusty. I have two more questions though. If my current converter stalls at a real 2700 rpm 0-1psi, even though it is a lock up, if the car is running right, will it not spool a JB 6262 better than the OP 7-8secs? Also, you state that a nonlock TC will almost lock on the top end, but is that true even at 5,000 rpm? I don't run my car past that and HP peaks before that anyway so I keep it in the meat. I lock my current converter in 3rd with a switch so pretty much the entire last 1/8th. I know I'm giving up ET with the lockup converter though as I pick up a solid 25mph in the backhalf to finish at 117mph but I can't ET better than 11.6 even with a good 60' and I believe it's what I'm giving up with the converter unlocked for the 1/8 then locked the backhalf.

Yes. A 2700-2800 stall should spool a 6262jb. 117mph is good for low 11's so the car is running slow to the 330 for some reason.

I can spool my 6262 jb with 2600rpm on the foot brake. I suggest a minimum 2800rpm to really spool it quick. 3200rpm will get you to what ever boost your tires can handle lol.

I can spool my 6262 jb with 2600rpm on the foot brake. I suggest a minimum 2800rpm to really spool it quick. 3200rpm will get you to what ever boost your tires can handle lol.

So you have a 3500 l/u that stalls at 2600 with your 6262? I have the same issue...My precision is supposed to be over 3000 but I never get more than 2700 on a hot day fully warmed up...

fwiw your application should make power to 5300 and have a flash stall around 4700-4800 to really get the most out of it. If you plan on going 122mph or more you will be over 5000 in 3rd unless you're running a 29" tire and less than 3.42 gear. I would expect to cross the line and have the slip less than 5% with a PTC 9.5". Your picking up out the back because it's 330' ing like a turd. Once you get a converter in there that will get the car out you will likely drop .2-.3 in the eighth and .4 out the back. You will gain less mph out the back but you will e.t. faster