Best Plug?

Who sells this type of coil? Is a stock ign module ok to use?

Should I use the NGK UR5's or NGK UR6's? @ .28? I like to run 28-30#'s.

Run the coldest plug you can without fouling. The 6's are colder....I run the 5's but don't run those boost numbers. Try the 6's...if they don't foul run em'.

smokinttype said:
Who sells this type of coil? Is a stock ign module ok to use?

Should I use the NGK UR5's or NGK UR6's? @ .28? I like to run 28-30#'s.

GM sell the coils, I'll dig up the part number after while and post 'em here if someone else doesn't beat me to it......we were giving about 33$ apiece for them last fall.

I run the CR42TS gapped at .28 and usually run 28+ PSI. You can get them from advance in 1 day.

Sully

Dusty B. ran the R42TS plugs gapped at a tight .28 and he had some good luck with them.......it was common for his motor to see 35#'s of boost

Like you said. I always had good luck with the R42TS. Also tried Autolite 23's and couldn't tell a difference either way. Ran the gap at .28 because I always had problems blowing the spark out at .30 gap or higher. And you know me, anything less than 32 psi boost just wasn't acceptable :)

When I dyno'd the car at walker's my plugs were gapped at .32 because I forgot to close them up. We started having trouble at 28-29 psi and at 30 psi the car would not run at higher rpms. Once I got back home and closed the gap to .28 all was fine and I turned the boost up some more.

Are the UR55's the same heat range as Autolite 23's or are they colder? I was told the UR6's are a boat plug.