Best Plug?

Hum

The best plug i know of is the one you take outta the moonshine bottle right before you get right with your honey-doo!!!! By the way i saved 32 dollars with Geico... :p

RUQWKNF27 said:
The best plug i know of is the one you take outta the moonshine bottle right before you get right with your honey-doo!!!!
theymust not have real shine in AL everyone that drinks it knows it is supposed to come in a mason jar :wink:
as for plugs I have always used AC Delco cr42ts gapped @ .028-.029.

Those NGK plugs are probably too hot a heat range for 30psi. Gap should be under 0.030" also.

Nick Micale said:
Gap should be under 0.030" also.
that's what I was going to say. as for the a/c delco I have had no problem, I haven't run 30+# in this car yet, but in one of my other GN's I've run upwards of 32#. Nick what problems did you have out of them?

Could be, my stuff has never seen over 24psi. I know Big Daddy's has though... :D Lee runs em in his 10 sec hotair...They've served me well so far. It was my understanding that the NGK was like 3 heat ranges in one.

I used to have a miss in 3rd gear until I closed the gap to about .28 from .32. Since installing the type II methanol coils and the ME-R, I've been able to take it back up to .30.......FWIW.....rockauto.com is where I've been getting them lately @ 1.61 apiece

I was told to stay with a/c delco r42ts plug but a buddy just did some wacky deal. He used r43ts in the front 2 cycl (I think he said the ones that run richer) r42ts in the other 4 and picked up :confused: .15 or so in the quarter.
Has anyone else done this?? He has 0 knock and 798-801 on the scan master.
Oh and there all gapped at .30

I have been using the R42TS plugs gapped at .32 on my iron headed 109. The car has a tiny miss to it like the spark is being blown out or something, its not a steady miss. Some of the guys using the R42T plug on higher boost applications and having good luck with them. I didnt know if one plug would be the better than others in higher boost applications.

Dusty B. ran the R42TS plugs gapped at a tight .28 and he had some good luck with them.......it was common for his motor to see 35#'s of boost :eek:

Are the Denso plugs the best? I know they are the most expensive bye far.... :confused:

Ok NGK's look popular here I need to change my plugs and am thinking this is the way to go??? :confused:
I am using the ac r42ts now so I am guessing the the NGK UR5 is the same heat range?? My local parts stores dont stock the damn r42ts any more :(

smokinttype said:
Also, what would be the advantage of going with the TypeII methanol coils vs stock coils?

........the methanol coils were a little "hotter" than the standard type II coils....

Is the UR6 a colder plug than the UR5? I was just looking to go to a nicer plug Ive always used the Autolite 23's with no problems up to 30psi. Just looking to try something diffrent. Also with the AC's is the R42T a colder plug than the R42TS.