Best Aftermarket Bumper Fillers?

DJ Red Barron

Door-To-Door Pipelayer
I searched around, but really didn't find much. What are the best aftermarket bumper fillers out there now? A good friend of mine has a really nice 87 GN and wants to do away with those chalky OEM fillers and put in something nice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :cool:

I bought a set of the ABS plastic fronts from g body.. they will need a little work but not too bad.... I decided to try fiberglass rears which i'm still waiting for.

:)
I bought a set of the ABS plastic fronts from g body.. they will need a little work but not too bad.... I decided to try fiberglass rears which i'm still waiting for.

Is there a demand for really nice bumper fillers front or rear or both.??
:) :)

Thanks for the info, Tim. :)

:)

Is there a demand for really nice bumper fillers front or rear or both.??
:) :)
I would think there is a demand for both considering how both brittle and expensive the OEM fillers are.

I went with fiberglass both front and rear. I am very pleased with both. Not to mention with the rears you can make them seamless at the point where they come together. It really enhances the appearance.

I believe G body uses danko

I have a set on one of my cars, and am pleased with them,
If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know!
and the cost is reasonable, compared to OEM if you can find them.

same here, ABS needed alot of work. got the fiberglass, they were alot better. so i used the fiberglass, and would use the fiberglass again.

heres a couple pics of some a b s front fillers and some glass bumpers im getting ready to prep and paint white in a couple weeks

Attachments

• llk 001.jpg
    llk 001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 687
  • llk 002.jpg
    llk 002.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 698
I got a set of front and rears off ebay for $225.. Fiberglass black gel-coat, they fit perfect with no work except drilling and look great even without paint.. The seller was Mosh770..

For my 83 Riviera, I did Danko ABS for rear (too much warpage & had to heat/bend/shim to get reasonable fit) & later did F'glass for fronts=MUCH better.

In between doing rear & front fillers for Riv, I did both front & rear for 87 GN--in F'glass (again Danko) & like them just fine... You just need be careful for locating holes you must drill...

Pls do f'glass--ferget the inferior ABS (IMO)!!!!

For my 83 Riviera, I did Danko ABS for rear (too much warpage & had to heat/bend/shim to get reasonable fit) & later did F'glass for fronts=MUCH better.

In between doing rear & front fillers for Riv, I did both front & rear for 87 GN--in F'glass (again Danko) & like them just fine... You just need be careful for locating holes you must drill...

Pls do f'glass--ferget the inferior ABS (IMO)!!!!

Last December I ordered a set of Danko's rear glass. When I opened the box I couldn't believe my eyes! Crap, no mounting holes or tangs. Those babies went back the same day. The OEM's in my opinion are the best, heavy, solid, flexible and the fit is perfect. When prepped corrrectly, they can last 15 to 20 years. Went thru three suppliers and now have all new OEM's including the front center:biggrin:
I believe, Jennings Chevy still can supply the front OEM's.
But then again, to each his own.

Sooooooooo,

Last December I ordered a set of Danko's rear glass. When I opened the box I couldn't believe my eyes! Crap, no mounting holes or tangs. Those babies went back the same day. The OEM's in my opinion are the best, heavy, solid, flexible and the fit is perfect. When prepped corrrectly, they can last 15 to 20 years. Went thru three suppliers and now have all new OEM's including the front center:biggrin:
I believe, Jennings Chevy still can supply the front OEM's.
But then again, to each his own.

when those crack, you probably outa sell the car, so one of can buy fiberglass fillers and enjoy it.
no offense, but the danko's were GREAT! for me.

when those crack, you probably outa sell the car, so one of can buy fiberglass fillers and enjoy it.
no offense, but the danko's were GREAT! for me.

Youse right! You shoulda told me this before I bought the OEM's, I woulda sold the car!:D

My fiberglass ones didn't line up at all. They required quite a bit of work to fit properly. But they sure look nice when done right. should last too.

P1010014-1.jpg

P1010016-1.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

P1010021-1.jpg

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard