Beretta Turbo

im thinkimg a IRS transaxle is my best bet, it minimalizes tunnel and firewall modification, and would give the car a better F/R weight ratio.

Are you still thinking a turbo Buick v6 for the powerplant? If so, when you say 500 hp, I can only assume you mean at the wheels and 93 octane. These are very conservative hp #'s and will be very easy to do. Not sure if an aluminum block would be the best choice for alot of street driven miles, no doubt it will work for sure but a stage 2 block (iron) would be another choice. If there will not be a ton of miles driven it will be just fine. Either way you will have the lowest hp T/A or Staged blocked ever, which only means it should last along time.

I always build everything way overkill, and then never have to work on the cars much, but a T/A or Staged block for only 500 hp seems excessive even to me. :D Now if you had future intentions for it to be 800+ hp, I'd say go for it.

Either way, should be an interesting project.

There was a guy around here the did a rwd conversion to a Old's Ingrigue (?) using a Nova subframe. The issue you got is the Berretta's too narrow for that. It might even be too narrow for a V6. How about the drivetrain from a turbo Eco Solstice? The turbo 4 can make alot of power.

the reason why im only aiming for 500hp is because people are running 3400 berettas with about 280, and they are running 13.9's at best. the aim is to have a daily driver that can beat most people out of the hole at a stop light, not to dominate the 1/4 mile. i know a 3.8 will fit, and because the strut towers will not be needed, there is even more room for the engine and etc. A/C will not be on the car, so there is even more room. i would like to have the T/A block thats .20 over and a stroker crank, bringing the displacement to about 4.5L, and allowing me to crank the boost down. the corvette running gear would work very nicely, giving me all that is necessary to make the car RWD and giving me handling to spare without having to cut halfe the car off. so at 500hp and 4.5l with mabye 15 PSI of boost, would the aluminum block handle daily driving?

i see where the FWD swap would be a lot easier, but RWD is what i REALLY want. no one has a RWD beretta that i know of, so having one of or the only RWD beretta is too appealing to just sell out to FWD.

Could you do something like this?

3.4 Turbo Cavalier

Home page

I posted a link to that guys website earlier. That car is no joke and with a few more tweaks it should be in the 11's. Those little 60° are so severely under rated. I have had quite a few with well over 300k miles on them. My current one is coming up on 230k.

Could you do something like this?

3.4 Turbo Cavalier

Home page

I posted a link to that guys website earlier. That car is no joke and with a few more tweaks it should be in the 11's. Those little 60° are so severely under rated. I have had quite a few with well over 300k miles on them. My current one is coming up on 230k.

i agree 100% there fairly solid motors if you know what your doing. crap to most cause they dont understand them, cant always just throw small block tricks at everything.

A.j.

Dont come in here to rain on my parade, So go pound salt.

If you want to spend 100K to do a tube chassis/completely ground up car that just has to be quicker than 13.9 that you don't even plan on racing that much you go right ahead. It's your money. Do whatever you want with it but don't get your undies in a wad when you ask for ideas and don't like what people give you. The car in the video I posted has ran a best of 12.2. That is quicker than 95% of the cars you will ever encounter on the street and nowhere near 100K to put it together.

Don't know how I missed that. I'm glad I had a video to add instead of just copying something already said. :eek:

Well now we are getting somewhere. That's moving out. Anything can be done with enough time and money. Just look at the guy who did the Civic with a complete C5 subframe and running gear. He did all the work himself too.

Civette build.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dimra6Ucj0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DudjNvnsfKE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9AHFI-rLs[/YOUTUBE]

there we go. i've seen that build, pretty awesome,and surprising he can get the wheels to hook.