BB turbos...Precision vs Turbonetics

Another thing to add. The t-netics turbos now require water lines. Another TTA owner had to send his T-netics 61 back and when it returned from Cotton it had water line fittings!

Another thing to add. The t-netics turbos now require water lines. Another TTA owner had to send his T-netics 61 back and when it returned from Cotton it had water line fittings!

Wrong...... that is simply a matter of choice, water lines are absolutely not required or needed. If he got it back with a water cooled center section that is only because they were out of the dry center sections. Rather than wait for the dry ones, we just use the wet. A water cooled center section does not mean it has to be watercooled

Patrick, what if u don't have a/c/heater & lines ?? I there water kit available ?? Thanks...
Use the tapped boss on the intake manifold that was intended for the heater pipe as one source. There's some room on the timing cover in the area right behind water pump to tap a 3/8 NPT pipe thread to use as the other. It's then going to take a little imagination to adapt some fittings to complete the job. It would be nice to be able to use the heater hose barb off the water pump but that may be difficult because of the close proximity to the compressor housing.

My PT6776RLHPS (P-trim exhaust, with ported shroud H cover) is the one to blame for splitting my damn stock block! It was making too much power! Just kidding...I split the block because of various reasons but that turbo was badass. I could prowl around on the street and just barely tap the gas and I'd see the boost gauge needle just climb with the gas pedal. Was running a 3200 non lockup Art Carr converter. It hauled @ss up top too. Ran 125 mph on a crappy tune and a stock bottom end!

Ok i have to ask. Im currently deployed so i cant call around. Can anyone make me a TA-66 BB (dual or single) with a carbon seal backing plate. If so can you please post or PM me. From what i have gathered precision cant get the carbon seal backing plates and i need to have the carbon seal plate for my application since its going to go on a hotair car. i cant run the dynamic seal because the turbo will suck oil. i had a ta49 with the dynamic seal and it sucked oil bad. i currently have a Ta-54 with the carbon seal and its fine so i know i need that type plate. please let me know and thanks for the help.

Patrick,
Where would you buy the TE60-R from or the GT6152? Which one if running stock block, heads and want a lot of street reliability? Almost 100% street-driven

Precision makes the TE-60R (called the 6031RE) and the PT6152E (6152E). They also make a PT6131RE (6131RE) as well. Any of those will make great power on a stock car. I was impressed with the power of my TE-60R and there is another 20hp over it, if you go with the PT6131RE. Should be no difference in spool up either between the two either as they both use the same turbine wheel. The PT6152E is a regular journal bearing turbo and will need a higher stall converter due to it's larger T350 Stage 5 turbine wheel. (Typically 3200 at zero psi will get the job done nicely) The PT6152E will add other 15 flywheel hp vs the PT6131RE when maxed out. It just depends on how fast you want to go and the parts that you intend to run. These three are very close in power capability and spool up characteristics. Any of the TurboBuick.com supporting vendors who sell PTE turbos can get any of these for you.
HTH

Patrick

Comp Maps...

Patrick,

Are you aware of any one who could offer compressor maps for any of the above three turbos you mentioned? I am currently looking to replace a standard journal 61. Thanks in advance for your advice on all the above posts.

Scott

6131RE and 6152E use the same GT35R compressor wheel. It is a 61mm inducer wheel. Here is the map direct from Garretts website.

GT3582R_714568_2_comp_e.gif

The 6031RE uses the standard 60-1 compressor wheel, which the map is commonly available from pretty much anyone.
HTH

Patrick

Hey MJRWOOD? You still have that solenoid hooked up the same as in the pic? Is it working ok?
Curious minds want to know...
:D

I noticed that a few months ago when I was diagnosing what turned out to be a leaky boost gauge. Didn't seem to make a difference in boost control, works OK either way but now it's on the proper port. Turbo has been working great all summer. +27PSI and loving it. Note the black paint on the turbine housing has turned grey from miles of fun :biggrin: .
6776rh1.jpg

My new turbo from Cotton. BB 66 S trim 3 bolt precision housing. Im going to try to run 3200 stall converter.

Attachments

• Motor 001.jpg
    Motor 001.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 8,473
  • Motor 002.jpg
    Motor 002.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 8,641
  • Motor 003.jpg
    Motor 003.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8,791
Patrick awesome info... you are the man to go to for info about this stuff.. very impressive..

this should be a sticky thread

here is another route for water cooler your turbo is you dont have a/c or heat

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

patrick,

what ever happened to the innovative turbos? i ran one years ago and loved it. it was a 66dbb.

surej

Innovative is still around, what's not to like, large shaft, rebuildable double BB turbos with easy for the DIY'er NPT water fittings. :)

And they were building them long before PTE said they didn't work on our cars. :p

Patrick awesome info... you are the man to go to for info about this stuff.. very impressive..

this should be a sticky thread

here is another route for water cooler your turbo is you dont have a/c or heat

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

Nice set-up on the water lines. Were did you get/make the fitting for in between the lower hose .