Anyone work at a car battery store? Need some pole/ terminal plastic protectors

Evans Ward

Love those LC2/ Y56 cars!
Very odd request I know, but looking for some of those plastic protectors you would fine on a car battery with the larger male poles/ terminals in top. They come on new batteries mostly used in older car applications and look like a top hat that protect the new terminals before installation. I think they are mostly thrown away once installed. This is for a motorcycle application for an oil tank sensor sleeve to take up slack where some expansion has occured after several years. I used the one I had and it works like a charm. I'd really like several (5-10 and black preferred) and would gladly pay shipping and alittle something for your time too. Please let me know if you work at a parts house or independent shop and can help. Thanks! :)

Go to the nearest Checkers/Auto zone and ask for the ones they toss away when they sell a battery, or just go the batteries and take one off the terminal.

I can get you some....I am tech at a Chevy dealer and always just throwing them away.

I will start savig them monday and let you know when I get some.Probably only be about 2-3 days to get that many.

You only want black???

I can get you some....I am tech at a Chevy dealer and always just throwing them away.

I will start savig them monday and let you know when I get some.Probably only be about 2-3 days to get that many.

You only want black???

That would be great!! Red is fine too. Please gather me up about a double handful and send me a private message on this site when you have them accumulated/ saved. I'll then PM you back (repl) my mailing/ shipping address. I'll cover shipping costs (ahead of time) and compensate you as lunch will be on me. Thanks! :cool:

Go to the nearest Checkers/Auto zone and ask for the ones they toss away when they sell a battery, or just go the batteries and take one off the terminal.

Thanks for the suggestion as it is appreciated. Staff has turned over at my local Advance and they aren't as willing as they once were. When they first opened, customer service was top notch! Have a member here helping me out (see above post).

Still collecting
does it matter if they have the tear up strip(not tearing them) to get them off the battery terminal or just the solid round ones.