Moving on... FS - 1971 Buick Skylark Convertible GS upgrades *Nice Car*

Antbankstwo3

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have to sell my '71 Skylark Convertible. This car has been well taken care of. It's been garaged for most of its life. I have owned it since September 2009. My uncle was the previous owner. When he purchased it, he rebuilt the motor to its stock specs. He also rebuilt the transmission as well. Both probably have about 15k miles on them. The brakes, suspension and steering parts were also addressed at that time. Since, I've owned it, I really wanted to keep the motor mostly stock. I added Hooker Headers, electronic ignition, a GS hood and the Ram Air breather. I also, upgraded the stereo system and added a set of 3-piece Asanti wheels. If you don't like the wheels, I still have the rally's and can throw those back on as well. I would replace the rally's at some point as they are not as clean as they used be. The paint on the car was already done when I got it. I would give it a 7-8 out of 10. I did 2-tone the rear to kind of flow with the convertible top. It is painted an off white with a blue pearl. Looks pretty sharp. The under-carriage is pretty clean as well. Some surface rusts in some spots but nothing major. The interior is really nice. Its probably the best part of the car. The white is very clean. I drive the car often and I keep the seats covered. The carpet is the original. It is showing its age, but that's an easy replacement.

The only issue I have ever had with the car is recently, it had an starting problem, however the whole ignition system is new (like 4-5 months): Key ignition, tumbler, ignition switch on column, neutral safety switch, starter, battery and all the wiring has been replaced. It always starts, but every now and then it will just click when you turn the key (maybe once or twice) then it will start. I haven't had a chance to address it since it hasn't been too major, but I definitely wanted to make it known.

Lastly, I had the AC serviced 6 months ago and it blows cold. Recharged it with R12. It also has a Clifford alarm with proximity & tilt sensors.

Overall, this is a very nice car! It drives VERY strong. I've taken it on a few road trips with no problems. I really hate to see it go and I hope it gets a good home. My asking price is $16,500. I am located in Phoenix. Only here for the next 3 weeks since I am moving. Call/Text me anytime if you have questions (360) 561-8513. Some photos are posted below. I can send a few more if needed. Let me know. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg