anyone know MOTEC?

BEATBY6 said:
I have a good conection for Motec if anyone needs it saved me about 40% off US prices. :D

hey,
if you could let me me know where to source motec that would be good!. (regarding prices) :)

The motec software is very ackward, i would rather use a gen 6 dfi!

norbs said:
The motec software is very ackward, i would rather use a gen 6 dfi!

I found the Gen VI start up, and IAC control primitive, from what little playing I did with the system. It always seemed odd to me to have the IAC reset at key on, but that's just my opinion.

bruce said:
That it lost 20 HP compared to carbs?. You kind of lost me on that.
Don't feel lost Bruce it's probably age it happens to me all the time. :)
Sonny said, "But I'll tell you this, an EFI motor that makes within 20 horsepower of a carbureted motor will put a race car down the track quicker than the carbureted motor."

I would bet by looking at the Dyno Chart you would see more torque & horsepower under the curve not at peak.

Sonny also stated,
"What we found was that using EFI induction any engine accelerates quicker than it does with carburetors. It's especially noticeable on the gear change. The engine has no hesitation on the gear change and as a result we saw consistently better ETs with EFI,"

Hi Simon,

Yup it's equipped with a MoTec M48 pro with wide band. Lou Czarnota was one of the first guys using it in North America. Duttweiler immediately followed suit. Shane Tecklenburg of Motec systems USA has been helping me at the track with the tuning and technical advice.

It's a 394 Chevy Bow tie block.
It had a Buick twin turbo Stage II V6 built and tuned by Duttweiler. Virgin 4 bolt main 4.1 block with Stage II heads and Hogan's sheet metal intake. But in a 3700lb brick, I was just shy of 150mph in the 1/4 mile.

My car has a Mike's Transmissions Monster Glide (power glide [2-speed]) in it for a tranny.

buickstage II said:
Hi chris,
i had a look at the website and i must say it is a nice piece of work!, your car is run by what motec system? and i assume that your car is a 350 chev? - do you run a stage motor at all?
and what gearbox does your car have?

many thanks Simon :)

Oh ya, when I purchased the M48 Pro back in 1994 for my twin turbo Buick Stage II motor the retail price was $5400.00. :confused:

buickstage II said:
hi chris,
that one owesome looking combination, dan white oil pump?
do you still have the motor?

why do so many stage motors become turbo'd not blown?

Simon. :)

Dan White oil pump? I think it's the other way around. I'm certain it was something Kenny Duttweiler was involved in developing that oil pump system that you see in the pic. I can ask Kenny just to verify.

The motor was sold to a gentleman in Cheyenne, Wy. I don't know what has happened since.

Turbo and not blown? I've read that a typical blower that adds 1000hp to motor combination can cost as much as 100 hp (maybe more) to drive the blower. Whereas it will not cost 'that much' hp to drive a turbo...eg restriction in the exhaust from the turbine.

Besides, I'd rather NOT change or rely on a belt for my racing purposes.

ChrisChow said:
Dan White oil pump? I think it's the other way around. I'm certain it was something Kenny Duttweiler was involved in developing that oil pump system that you see in the pic. I can ask Kenny just to verify.

The motor was sold to a gentleman in Cheyenne, Wy. I don't know what has happened since.

Turbo and not blown? I've read that a typical blower that adds 1000hp to motor combination can cost as much as 100 hp (maybe more) to drive the blower. Whereas it will not cost 'that much' hp to drive a turbo...eg restriction in the exhaust from the turbine.

Besides, I'd rather NOT change or rely on a belt for my racing purposes.
I remember that engine in your car, that was a while ago. Didn't you develop some oil leak with it right after it was put in? I seem to think it was really driving you batty... :D

No that wasn't me. Never had oil leaks. Especially since it went straight from Kenny's dyno into my WE-4.

The problem I did have was "trying" to spool against a converter that was too tight.

Big Stu said:
I remember that engine in your car, that was a while ago. Didn't you develop some oil leak with it right after it was put in? I seem to think it was really driving you batty... :D