Anyone in NC, near Ft. Bragg

SlickTR

Looks like I'll be going to Ft. Bragg some time soon. Not sure where exactly I'm going to live (definately not in Fayetteville, LOL). Just wondering how many members might live near by.

Looks like I'll be going to Ft. Bragg some time soon. Not sure where exactly I'm going to live (definately not in Fayetteville, LOL). Just wondering how many members might live near by.

were not near ft.bragg but were in the piedmont about 1 hr away from greensboro

Our shop is in Benson, not that far from you at all... Keep a check on the Southeast section, there are monthly meets!

I'm in Fayetteville, used to be stationed at Bragg before I got out. I'm a bit new to the TR crowd myself, still learning and networking.

If you ever need help with anything you can find me at H&H Performance when I'm not in school. H & H Performance, LLC. Its mostly a Subaru (I don't think there's a wrx or Sti in this town that hasn't been here)and other import shop.

If you need help with your car and can't make it up to Big Wood Racing, give me a shout, I'm more than willing to help. From what I've seen so far, I'd trust Big Wood Racing on these cars before anyone else in the area, my shop included. We do plenty of work on turbo cars and could get the job done but there's only 2 of us TR guys there so far and I'm still putting mine back together. Go with who has the most experience, I say.

On living near Bragg, I'd try for Hope Mills or Raeford if you don't wanna live smack in the middle of town. Do NOT live in Spring Lake unless you:
A.)have guns
B.)......ok, so there is no B., just make sure you have guns...loaded ones....on you :biggrin:

I lived there for a bit and never intend to again....Oh yeah, and stay off "The Murch".

You need to join GM_Turbo6 on yahoogroups.com

Conrad

Well looks like I wont be all alone LOL...thanks for all the replys guys and I'll keep a look out for the monthly meets and check out the yahoo group. Right now looks like I'll be over there around Jan or Feb, Nothing concrete yet and I have to go to school in route so hard to say right now.

Well looks like I wont be all alone LOL...thanks for all the replys guys and I'll keep a look out for the monthly meets and check out the yahoo group. Right now looks like I'll be over there around Jan or Feb, Nothing concrete yet and I have to go to school in route so hard to say right now.

theres alot more buick people in nc

I live outside of Hope Mills between Chickenfoot Rd and hwy 87. Pretty nice out by me but 22 miles to Simmons AAF on Ft Bragg where I work. Stay away from Spring Lake. North of Spring Lake up 87 isn't bad. Definitley plently of tracks within a short drive to race at.

I'm in Fayettenam, stationed at Bragg... there are about six or seven guys with Turbo powered Regals around the area. I've seen 4 GN's, a guy with a sweet WH1, and a guy with a Chestnut T-Type. I've got a GN, most of the local guys do not seem to be borderline fanatical, just kinda own em and drive em. Look me up when you get into town, I'm going to PM you my email.

Ben

Figured I'd update this since I FINALLY got updated on the situation:rolleyes: . I finally got some orders and will PCS over at the end of March. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys after i get settled in.

Hi SlickTR and welcome to the area! I live in Fayetteville, have an 87 GN and am probably one of the "guys" mentioned in one of the posts above. Let's hear it for the lady GN owners! :) Feel free to give my husband and me a shout when you get here and maybe we can link up...Phoenix_400 is also a great guy to know (but then everyone on this board is!). Welcome!

- Ann aka Smokin' RN

^ is a great guy to know :biggrin:

THREE CHEERS FOR LADY GN OWNERS!!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

....how'd this brown stuff get on my nose? :tongue:

Once it warms up we need to get together the yocals... I know there should be at least 5-6 Turbo Regal owners local to Fayetteville... me included

race city usa mooresville nc,few hours down the road...

1/8th mile sucks!!--1/2 the fun!!:rolleyes:
Your local 1/4 mile in F'ville SUCKS worse:(

Look for track days at Rockingham,Kinston, or J'ville(Coastal Plains)

Geoff

I live in Washington, about 20 minutes from Greenville.

welcome

N.C. has quite a few TR owners so you will not be alone. Shadowsdaddy, i live right outside greenville. Nice to know that Shane and i am alone on the east coast. Anyway, slicktr come out to the yahoo group gatherings or post a meet in fayetteville and i might can make it there or some of the others.

1/8th mile sucks!!--1/2 the fun!!:rolleyes:
Your local 1/4 mile in F'ville SUCKS worse:(

Look for track days at Rockingham,Kinston, or J'ville(Coastal Plains)

Geoff

Yea but last time we went to Mooresville, Greg Anderson and Jason Line were testing their pro stock cars. Track prep was sic. My first 1.35 60' :biggrin:

I used to live in Spring Lake, for most of the 8 years I was at Pope. I never had any problems. It depends on where in "the lake" you live. I did live off Manchester Rd behind the base for 3 years but moved when I saw all the drama/shootings/arsons/drugs that were going on there. I then lived in Deerfield subdivision, it's the next light north of Vass rd. Mostly older folks live there, so it wasn't too bad.

The areas from behind Taco Bell/Advance Auto all the way down to just before the Wal Mart on 210 I'd avoid. The area behind Carlies IGA I'd also avoid.

And yes Murchinson rd is a bad road to be on at night. As well as Shaw Rd and Grove Street. (very racist people in both areas) So is the Bonnie Doone area around The Powers-Swain Chevy dealership. In fact that whole strip from Sante Fe Dr./Shaw Rd all the way to Sycamore Dairy rd is a haven of strip clubs, tattoo parlors, shady car lots, transvestites, Asian bars that take your money and shove you out the door....I'm going to guess you're Army? Bragg has an "off limits" list to military, most of the areas along this stretch of road are off limits.

I have heard good things about Southern Pines. It's not far from Bragg but it's on the other side of it.

Fayettehell does have a 1/4 mile track. I used to race there often. Lots of Camaros/Mustangs and ricers run there too. Rockingham has one also, much better and they host all the big races there.

Of course I no longer live in NC, which is a bummer....only because I wished I could have gotten to know some TR owners before I left....:frown: