any suggestions on the 6262 turbo

There is no way to see what then corrected power is without the dyno run in front of you. You can select whatever correction factor. That's why if you look at the air fuel actual and the duty cycle you can determine the approximate hp and eliminate variables. If it was using 300lbs/hr one day
and you make changes and run te same a/f and it's using 320lbs/hr of fuel you picked up power.

So you gained 59rwhp and your not happy? You're a are fella to please LOL. I know you will feel a nice improvement at like 26-28 when you get that alky going.

It is all about managing expectations. According to others on the board the 6262 doesn't wake up until 25 lbs of boost. Let's see the numbers with 25 lbs of boost. Then I can get happy.

It is all about managing expectations. According to others on the board the 6262 doesn't wake up until 25 lbs of boost. Let's see the numbers with 25 lbs of boost. Then I can get happy.

With the 6262 CEA journal turbo I went 11.55 at 120.7 MPH with a 1.83 short time on 20 PSI. Convertor is an old AC 16930...and the slip was 12.3 percent. 02's were 736. 1/8th mile clocked in at 7.42 at 94.7 mph. This was with 94 and alky...and Erics 5.7 chip. Home ported heads...204/214 flat tappet cam...and a Champion stock appearing race intake.

With the 6262 CEA journal turbo I went 11.55 at 120.7 MPH with a 1.83 short time on 20 PSI. Convertor is an old AC 16930...and the slip was 12.3 percent. 02's were 736. 1/8th mile clocked in at 7.42 at 94.7 mph. This was with 94 and alky...and Erics 5.7 chip. Home ported heads...204/214 flat tappet cam...and a Champion stock appearing race intake.

What did your car dyno at?
My car with TA49 with 42 lb injectors and 20 lbs of boost went 12.045 @ 111 mph with a 1.73 60ft.
I am looking towards low 11s with the new turbo.

What did your car dyno at?
My car with TA49 with 42 lb injectors and 20 lbs of boost went 12.045 @ 111 mph with a 1.73 60ft.
I am looking towards low 11s with the new turbo.

Never dynoed it. Bison might be able to give a rough estimate with the info I supplied tho.

Your eighth mph is low for your quarter mph. With a good 60' I'd expect your eighth mph to be atound 96 and quarter mph to be around 119-120. Either you had wheel spin in the 330' or your boost was a lot higher in 3rd than it was in 1st and 2nd. A 10.6-10.7 car picks up 25-26 out the back. For hp I use mph/234, then cube that answer. Then multiply times the race weight. Its best to take the average mph of a few clean passes and use the formula.

My Nitrous Express slide rule is more accurate. I use this as track vs dyno numbers has worked for us.
It puts Scooby at about 460rwhp. With 409 rwhp at 3800lbs you should trap 114 mph.

My Nitrous Express slide rule is more accurate. I use this as track vs dyno numbers has worked for us.
It puts Scooby at about 460rwhp. With 409 rwhp at 3800lbs you should trap 114 mph.

Since I was already trapping at 111 with the T49 which you calculate to be 409 rwhp, then I haven't gained anything with the new 6262 dynoed at 409.

Consequently, my disappointment of the new dyno numbers is valid.

The track is always accurate. Everything else is a tool. My cars always made more power power on the street or track because the load Higher and the boost is higher with no other changes after dynoing

Here ya go...

Attachments

• 12-6B3B70C1-910478-960.jpg
    12-6B3B70C1-910478-960.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 235
The track is always accurate. Everything else is a tool. My cars always made more power power on the street or track because the load Higher and the boost is higher with no other changes after dynoing
So
Ok, I think I understand this now. The dyno is a tool, the hp number per the dyno is not as accurate as the track results. So since my dyno numbers increased then my track results will also improve. Dyno numbers are not can not provide accurate track results. So my 350 on the dyno resulted in over 400 at the track, now that my dyno hp is 409, my track horsepower will be even greater. What I do not understand is why such a big deal is made over dyno horsepower, since the dyno is not accurate.

So
Ok, I think I understand this now. The dyno is a tool, the hp number per the dyno is not as accurate as the track results. So since my dyno numbers increased then my track results will also improve. Dyno numbers are not can not provide accurate track results. So my 350 on the dyno resulted in over 400 at the track, now that my dyno hp is 409, my track horsepower will be even greater. What I do not understand is why such a big deal is made over dyno horsepower, since the dyno is not accurate.
The dyno is accurate. There are several correction factors and different types of dynos that can load the engine differently. They will give different results. If you dyno a lot of cars you should be able to accurately predict the potential.

To me it would seem at 409rwhp your not at peak effiency of that turbo. I look for it to gain quite a bit once you crank it to 25psi, hook up the alky, and put a proper timing curve on it. I do think your numbers are a bit light as well, could be the converter wasnt locked up, and for a good reason. you will burn through the clutch fast locking up it up under full throttle at that power. You really need a billet cover converter to fit bigger clutches if you ever plan to lock it up at wot.

Does your turbo have the cea turbine?

You will get good results from this turbo. I trapped ata 126.5 at 3750lbs at 26lbs in my TTA. Just has Champ irons and stock cam. I was picking up 29MPH in the back half consisently. I was launching at 2lbs and getting 1.65 60fts.

You will get good results from this turbo. I trapped ata 126.5 at 3750lbs at 26lbs in my TTA. Just has Champ irons and stock cam. I was picking up 29MPH in the back half consisently. I was launching at 2lbs and getting 1.65 60fts.

The boost was increased and the car is now dynoing at 440 hp. There is some converter slippage, so a new converter is in the works, real happy with the results at this point. The real test is on the strip. Since all the tracks in PA are closed for the winter, a trip down south is in the planning stage.

Can anyone recommend a track that is open in February? Would love to run the four lane strip in Charlotte.