Any Deer Hunters?? I know your in here somewhere!!!!

Haha Guys debate everything.

I hunt every Thanksgiving Day. Thats it.

If you figure the money you spend on guns,ammo,cammo,stands.., you could have bought some cows.lol

Just messing. Great pix gentlemen!

now you sound like ur crying. so now ur a recurve hunter? sure you are....:rolleyes: after two bouts with lyme disease which nearly killed me I steer clear of the woods but when I did hunt it was with a black widow using easton carbon fibers. no sights.

hunting for deer was boring. coyotes were more exciting and dangerous.

if ur gonna hunt with a rifle go to alaska with one round and hunt for grizzly. I would be willing to bet you dont have the ballz to do that. but ull snipe a deer from a 100 yards away tho right? how brave....:rolleyes:

Brett, boys around here go into thickets after bears... That isn't impressive to me, it is F'ING CRAZY...

I have shot a bow since I was 13, it isn't that much less difficult than freehand shooting a rifle at LONG DISTANCES...

Honestly though, have you have tired LONG DISTANCE shooting? I am talking 400, 500, 600 yrds PLUS?

I can promise you that shooting a bow at 30yrds is no more difficult than trying to hit a 4inch target at 500+ yrds...

Your going straight to hell Charlie.... you know that :D

I think you'll beat me there since you live a lot closer to the doorway Ty.:eek::biggrin:

Weird Kansas

Brett, boys around here go into thickets after bears... That isn't impressive to me, it is F'ING CRAZY...

I have shot a bow since I was 13, it isn't that much less difficult than freehand shooting a rifle at LONG DISTANCES...

Honestly though, have you have tired LONG DISTANCE shooting? I am talking 400, 500, 600 yrds PLUS?

I can promise you that shooting a bow at 30yrds is no more difficult than trying to hit a 4inch target at 500+ yrds...

Try some hog hunting down here Shane. My FN FAL works pretty good with some of the big ones. We had a game preserve about 50 miles northwest of me that had russian boars and they got out and have been breeding with the local feral hogs. Best record so far is around 750 lbs and only 4 or 5 guys have been lost in the field. The bad part is that all anyone ever finds is the gun and maybe a boot.:eek: No, I'm not kidding.:frown:

I think you'll beat me there since you live a lot closer to the doorway Ty.:eek::biggrin:

Weird Kansas

Try some hog hunting down here Shane. My FN FAL works pretty good with some of the big ones. We had a game preserve about 50 miles northwest of me that had russian boars and they got out and have been breeding with the local feral hogs. Best record so far is around 750 lbs and only 4 or 5 guys have been lost in the field. The bad part is that all anyone ever finds is the gun and maybe a boot.:eek: No, I'm not kidding.:frown:

Damn Charlie, sounds like time for the 50 cal:cool:

Damn Charlie, sounds like time for the 50 cal:cool:

Nah, just a few 168 grain 7.62 NATO rounds and it's all over Shane.:biggrin: Sometimes I use my 45/70 lever rifle with 405 grain slugs, but it really tears them up.:(

Wife's cousin lives down the road.........Got this in his back yard...:biggrin:

285lbs....23 point....Not scored as for now.

Attachments

• Resampled_2011-11-18_10-16-49_684.jpg
    Resampled_2011-11-18_10-16-49_684.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 128
They don't grow them that big here, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that is one that might make most get the shakes. I bet it scores 220 or so. I will find out and report back.
They took 1500 in my county alone last weekend. ...Worthless to eat. Hope he likes jerky and sausage. But so cool on the wall.:cool:

Yeah, that is one that might make most get the shakes. I bet it scores 220 or so. I will find out and report back.
They took 1500 in my county alone last weekend. ...Worthless to eat. Hope he likes jerky and sausage. But so cool on the wall.:cool:

Why is it worthless to eat ?

Did you get that one or did one of your neighbors? Down here it would be 2 for that weight. Our deer are tiny compaired to that one.

Did you get that one or did one of your neighbors? Down here it would be 2 for that weight. Our deer are tiny compaired to that one.

Wife's cousin....Shot gun weekend....Neighbor got a little buck(4pts.) with his dodge truck..:confused:
I know Brett will not approve with ether but F-him.....:biggrin:

That is the 2nd 280lbs. that I have seen this season.

anyone can kill a deer with a rifle. BFD! REAL hunters use bows. recurves, not compounds....

Anyone can kill a deer with a rifle? Can Stevie Wonder do it?

if ur shooting 400+ yards away at a deer thats just not hunting. if you cant see it then it cant see or smell you. thats just killing not hunting. and sitting in a tree stand aint hunting either. REAL hunters make the hunt fair. shooting a deer with a .30-06 or 308 with a scope is just lame. anyone can do that.

Again, not everyone cannot do that.

I grew up in Northern Connecticut in woods. plenty familiar with ALL types of hunting and fishing since I was a little kid. using a rifle to shoot a deer is no challenge at all.

Yes it is.

anyone who cant shoot a deer with a high powered rifle and scope and kill it with one shot has no business hunting. with a scope its like shooting a deer 10 feet in front of you. big deal!

you can call it what ever you want by killing a deer with a rifle is lame and no sport whatsoever. killing it with a bow is REAL hunting. im no animal activist. just a REAL hunter who hunted with a bow growing up. sorry if that upsets you but any schmuck can shoot a deer from a 100 yards away when they cannot catch ur scent. you call that hunting? I call that pathetic.

you think hiding in a tree stand 30 feet in the air sniping a deer with a high powered rifle that walks under you is a sport? gimmi a break. thats just plain LAME! get out and track ur deer where scent, strategy and noise play a role in the hunt.

My dad hunts in a tree stand over a ravine, and has gotten one out of there every year. He feeds his family with it..... But I guess thats lame since he uses a gun, maybe he should rely on the Gov't check instead?

life-long beaver hunter right here

+1.

GNBarney Fife, I hope the biggest buck in New England jumps thru the windshield of your squad car while you're driving. You have no idea about hunting in the 21st century, so go back to your TeePee and stick with your recurve. Don't judge how others hunt, in WI we have a bow season and a gun season for a reason - to control the population.

Plowboy72, congrats on your kill, even though you needed a rifle to do it ;) You have a very nice setup there for hunting!!

And for the record, I've only gotten two deer thus far. Both of which I didn't use a rifle............ I used a Ram. A Dodge Ram!

Well I didn't get my cross hairs on any good bucks this year, but my buddy shot this good buck opening morning.... after finding out our buddy was not going to hunt his usual spot I was asked if I wanted to sit there, I declined due to having the proper wind to sit my spot. I wasn't even done getting myself situated into my spot and I heard him shoot, I though to myself.... MF'r :mad:

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 125