Any 4x4 guys here?

My Bronco... Just got it, been spending my time trying to get it painted and running good... so no mud yet. Gonna wait till I build/buy bumpers and a winch before I get into deep stuff.

Playing has been restricted to the open lots nearby, and climbing the dirt foundations for houses that never got built...

IMAG0043.jpg

Hey, I've got one of those! Is there really something useful that can be made from em on a budget? Mines a 96. Stupid electric tfer case swapper just went out. Grr $! Aren't the electric hubs useless too? I've got some manual stuff around here on an 87 F-150. I picked it up cheap and cut it to fit some 12.5 x 15's for now. Got a 85 Ranger x-cab 4x4 out back 2 that I haven't decided what to do with yet.

My cousin sez he was pres of Ohio's largest 4wd club for a while. He's supposed to help me decide which of my toys to build and he does susp work.

buick v6 mud truck

I put some pics of the truck on the community albums. will try to get sum pics of the motor soon. its a 231 .30 ovr about 9.1 comp stock rods and pistons. worked heads with the big ss valves,stock rockers adj pushrods eld.intake 600 carb little comp cam. headers. not to much but runs GREAT!!!

I put some pics of the truck on the community albums. will try to get sum pics of the motor soon. its a 231 .30 ovr about 9.1 comp stock rods and pistons. worked heads with the big ss valves,stock rockers adj pushrods eld.intake 600 carb little comp cam. headers. not to much but runs GREAT!!!

Get looks of pics for us! and what year motor is it?

I'll try to get some pics of the last few 4X4s I built and wheeled in if I can find some. Here are some details.

K5 Blazer I put 9" of lift under and stuffed some 39"X18" Mickey Thompsons under it. I have to admit, it was a pain in the arse to get the top off it after that:D, but it was great times taking it muddin' and to the sand dunes in Michigan. It's gone now.

And then there was the YJ. Bought it 1/2 melted (literally) and brought it back from the dead. Bought a wrecked S10 Blazer pulled the Vortec 4.3, trans, and tcase and harness and set it all up in the YJ. Lifted it 7" stuffed under some 35 Parnellis Jones tires. Took it out wheelin a few dozen times and about snapped or broke something every time out. So back to the drawing board with it. Built a high pinion 9" for the rear disc brakes, Detroit lock'd Yukon shafts 4:56s etc, for the front end built a high pinion Dana 44 detroit lock'd 4:56s hydraulic ram assisted AGR boxed high steer arm setup. Also added Bilstein reservoir long travel shocks, be-cool radiator with spal fan, Tom Woods driveshafts, Atlas II T-case. Also added a roll cage. Finished it up and took it out wheelin' as often as possible. It was as much fun building as it was wheelin'.

I do some wheeling with my 92 Bronco when my friend's Chebby is running. ;) The last couple winters I've enjoyed snow wheeling.The best part about snow wheeling, it's much easier to clean than mud. :)

newpics292Medium.jpg

67557_461683602408_735542408_5542816_4908229_n.jpg
\

This is my 99 cherokee i purchased almost half a year ago. came with a 3.5" lift, 33x12.50x15 cooper discoverer STT's, and a set of bumpers. still needs some brake work, but runs awesome. did some wheeling down in NC and im home right now on leave having fun in the snow.

Sweet burb

Thanks it has a 1ton drive train in it and I have a 6.5 turbo diesel sitting on the stand to go in it with an NV4500 trans from a dump truck that has the factory emergancy brake on the trans. So its going to get a nice upgrade this year in the power department