Another Junk Chevy Duramax on video...

as far as the ride,,,,,IT'S A TRUCK if ya want a car buy one.

OTTO::::::where's my fresh clams:p

I've got a truck...it's a flat bed 1 ton Chevy farm truck......and it rides better than the 3/4 ton Dodge;) Hell I think the tractors also ride better:biggrin:

again the ride issue:frown:

I think GM actually said it themselves, in a recent commercial for a colorado.
while riding in the truck a guy breaks out in song:biggrin: "I Feel Like a Woman" was the exact phrase he sung,,,,,and well that the way i feel too when in a GM truck

again the ride issue:frown:

I think GM actually said it themselves, in a recent commercial for a colorado.
while riding in the truck a guy breaks out in song:biggrin: "I Feel Like a Woman" was the exact phrase he sung,,,,,and well that the way i feel too when in a GM truck
And while your eating,and while you chewing on the phone,and while your in your hot tub....
Is there any time you dont feel like a woman?:D

Oh my. You guys are getting rough. Could the rough ride of the Dodge trucks be the reason for them busting frame rails?

What years are the Dodge's having frame rail problems? I was only aware of the Chevy's getting additional frame cross bracing dealer installed to cut down on bad harmonics & the 4 door trucks to help keep them from spitting windows out.

It's been awhile. I had three customers that belonged to the same company. They did repos. Just rear towing cars (one car at a time). They would be in every 80 to 100,000 miles or so for a transmission. Don't get me started on that one. They had all experienced frame cracks. The rear rails. The front suspension crossmember. There was one fellow, not a customer, that towed a flat car hauler (two bit towing or something like that), that for the longest time drove around town with a big, bright sign on his truck. (So and so) sold me a Lemon. And what about the dreaded tps sensors. And the brakes. Although, I think that was more of a problem on the lighter trucks. But Dodge is not alone with their problems. What about the Duramaxs ripping out their rear suspension by the roots. Must be all that gut wrenching, raw torque. :eek: Oh, the horror of it all.

I have a 2006 DMAX. I pulled to BG with 48ft inclosed trailer and two Buicks. I'll bust that dooodges aasss.

My new 06 Duramax Pulled 3 people,all there luggage. A car trailer with a turbo buick,Tons of tools and spare parts.
I even had Jim Rome with me and that didnt even slow me down.
Well,didnt slow the truck down:)

towing cars is small time, how about pulling 43,000lbs from nebraska to alaska with a single rear wheel 2500 4X4 dodge:cool:

or 53,140lbs with a 93 dodge dually

search some of the dodge forums and you will find people that tow 4 cars at a time, again not arguing just posting facts:D

and otto I think you were pulling something else when you got home from driving my dodge.:eek:

That's just down right dangerous. That is a load a semi pulls...Most 3500's are rated at 26k gross...your doubling that?

Jason

towing cars is small time, how about pulling 43,000lbs from nebraska to alaska with a single rear wheel 2500 4X4 dodge:cool:

or 53,140lbs with a 93 dodge dually

search some of the dodge forums and you will find people that tow 4 cars at a time, again not arguing just posting facts:D

and otto I think you were pulling something else when you got home from driving my dodge.:eek:

HOOOORAHHHHHH!!!:biggrin:

I purchased my 02 dodge cummins brand new may of 02, its got 43,000 miles on it now. Never been back to the dealership, no recalls or upgrades.. Guess them guys down in mexico build them right the first time! LOL ;)

The main reason i purchased it, is because i could work on it if and when it breaks down. (motor trans and rear) no major computers throughout the truck to have to worry about, pretty much a basic truck that wasnt over engineered...
It came with the 3/36 warranty, and the entire drivetrain came with the 7/100,000 warranty.

Its been a great truck, the upgraded bosch injectors off ebay were 230.00 for all 6, no core required, and coupled with the small HP box and 4inch exhaust.
It might not be the 14 second allison chevy that rides like a caddy, but when i hitch up to a trailer, i have faith in my dodge that its gonna make the trip and pull the hills. :cool:

What is everyone gonna do with this new crappy diesel fuel thats coming out?

Ive been adding cetane booster with lube, anyone got the skinny on whats gonna happen?

BW

Frigging retard

"I absolutely agree, very dangerous and glad he wasn't near me. you can read about it here

pulling 43000lbs 3500 miles - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

and see it here
Dodge Diesel, Diesel Truck Resource Galleries - 43k lbs in alaska - Powered by PhotoPost

it's a load of steel to build a commercial building"

What a totally selfish, idiotic thing to do. How many lives did he put at risk on that trek? Just like motorcycles, it's the other driver's you have to watch for. I don't like to play the "What if" game, but soooo many scenarios could have easily gotten him or others killed.

No matter what he drives, he is an idiot, and I for one am glad I am not on the roads anywhere near that fool.

First of all your posting on a site that probably 90% of yruck owners on here own Chevy trucks me included, and yes mine is an LLY, never had any trouble with overheating, BTW they have a fix for the trucks that do, I tow 10k pounds through the mountians of West Virginia and Maryland and my truck never even downshifts out of OD w/ cruise set on 70-75 and get 15mpg towing. Oh and I can also talk to the people in the truck with me which I know you cant do with that noisy *** dodge.

First of all your posting on a site that probably 90% of yruck owners on here own Chevy trucks me included, and yes mine is an LLY, never had any trouble with overheating, BTW they have a fix for the trucks that do, I tow 10k pounds through the mountians of West Virginia and Maryland and my truck never even downshifts out of OD w/ cruise set on 70-75 and get 15mpg towing. Oh and I can also talk to the people in the truck with me which I know you cant do with that noisy *** dodge.

wanna try it out?:biggrin:

Never downshifts out f OD!!!!!!!!!!!! now I know your full of it, as just yesterday I was towing 3500lbs and was getting a headache from the downshifting and revving to the moon from my LLY, was even on the phone with a friend and he kept asking what the noise was in the backround. I had to say it's my CHEVY. if I was in my dodge it would have putted up those same hill at 1200rpm.

There really is no need to argue. Everyone knows the DURAMAX is the benchmark diesel.

To Dusty,If you want to keep your fuel system clean,think about running Biodiesel if you have access to it. I have run B20 in my truck since August of 06' and I love it. You probably will have to have to change your fuel filter a couple of times at first,but after that you will be fine. It has fantatstic lubricity as well.

Biodiesel will clean your fuel system so when you switch over to it be sure carry a couple extra filters 'caus it will dislodge alot of crud. Also biodiesel will jell quicker than #2 or #1 diesel. Have you ever seen what happens to fry oil when it gets cold?

Never downshifts out f OD!!!!!!!!!!!! now I know your full of it, as just yesterday I was towing 3500lbs and was getting a headache from the downshifting and revving to the moon from my LLY, was even on the phone with a friend and he kept asking what the noise was in the backround. I had to say it's my CHEVY. if I was in my dodge it would have putted up those same hill at 1200rpm.

Ya buts thats a van with a 4l80E:p