Another Junk Chevy Duramax on video...

The coldest is has gotten here was 11 degrees last year and I work next to a river so wind chill was in the -'s. It took a couple more seconds for the glow plugs....maybe 12 seconds tops and the Chevy started right up. Sounded like a Cummins for about 5 seconds:wink:

I let it idle about 2-3 minutes before pulling off and had warm air coming from the heater 5 miles down the road. The truck heats up much quicker when not on de-frost. It does not have high idle.

Rich3.8 Sorry the D max van isn't working out like a truck built to pull. I still can't believe your trying to compare a van to a truck. That van is designed for service type work with a diesel for fuel economy and longevity. It won't hold a candle to a truck like a 2500 or 3500 when it comes to towing. I have also bent those junky reese drop hitches...with a 454 Dually.....go buy a good hitch next time:biggrin:

Dusty I don't expect it to act like a TRUCK as I knew it was a chevy when I was buying it.:p

but it could at least act like what it is and stand up to what it's advertised for:rolleyes:

and now for the hitch and being bent with a 454 um rrrrrriiiiiggghhhtttt:cool:

whats up with comparing a dually to a little old 3/4 ton dodge anyway:confused:

some people buy a truck for brand loyalty and people like myself buy them for quality;)

oh by the way my hitches didnt bend from jacknifing the trailer:biggrin:

I have started my D-crap(as some say, lol) at -28F actual temp after sitting 4 days out in the middle of nowhere(snowmobiling in the U.P. MI.). It fired right up after I cycled the key twice(just to get some heat in the chamber). Scared the $hit out of me when it hit, but it ran.

I HATE how long it takes to warm up in the winter, but the heated seats are a plus.

I am happy with the truck, but I will drive and shop a Dodge next time around and buy whatever is a better value for the $$.

Seriously, I think this arguing about a damn truck is ridiculous. I bought mine to get the job done and it does that. Now if we are talking about race trucks then I think we are getting a little off topic.

I have a 06 crew cab duramax my inclosed race car trailer with car in it weights 8,000 pulls good 12 to 14 mpg 75 mph on interstates im a general motors retiree so we get a little discount on their products, a lot of farmers around here have dodge trucks [cummings of course] some are srtaight shifts, one old retired farmer race horse owner has a old 91 dodge with over three hundred thousand miles on it the engine has never been apart it has the orginal turbo, he cant see good enought to drive now, but he says he will keep old red[thats what he calls the old truck] just ralling, everone should shop around before you buy anything...

Dusty I don't expect it to act like a TRUCK as I knew it was a chevy when I was buying it.:p

but it could at least act like what it is and stand up to what it's advertised for:rolleyes:

and now for the hitch and being bent with a 454 um rrrrrriiiiiggghhhtttt:cool:

whats up with comparing a dually to a little old 3/4 ton dodge anyway:confused:

some people buy a truck for brand loyalty and people like myself buy them for quality;)

oh by the way my hitches didnt bend from jacknifing the trailer:biggrin:

I'm sure like myself, your hitch wasn't bent by some massive power and you know that as well. The hitch I use now is heavy duty with the load levelers and all. If you think the massive power of the dodge bent it and it has nothing to do with the quality of that drop hitch then I'll leave you alone. I would think someone like yourself could notice the difference in a drop hitch and a real towing hitch. Leverage is a key word:cool: Obviously you don't want the facts to get in the way of a good story:rolleyes:

I also buy for quality AND comfort. The Dmax has got me hooked after pulling with 2 different Dodges. Drove by the cattle sell barn today. 5 years ago it was 90% cummins, today it was at least 60% Dmax with a few scattered Dodge's and 7.3 Fords...couldn't help but laugh as I drove by.

Bash away boys. I'm done

um well what would have bent 2 of them then,,,,,as it sits on my truck the ball is angled backwards and it's not bent anywhere near the drop.:confused:

Why would you need load levelers,,,,oh nevermind:rolleyes:

it was fun, have a good one

About what? You don't think the tongue weight of a 28 foot enclosed loaded with a golf cart, 5500 watt generator, tools, fuel and all other equipment that go along with towing a race car won't overload a 33 inch D rated tire.:confused:

You got to be kidding. I have the blowout to prove it.

The stock E rated tires will handle it without the load leveler bars, the 285/75 all terrains won't. It's got nothing to do with the truck, tires can only handle so much weight.

Please tell me you know this

personally I feel if you have to use them your trailer is improperly loaded or you need to have one built with the axles closer to the tongue for better balance. ever experience what happens when one of those links break on a load leveler hitch? I'm well aware of what the A/T's will handle as I run 35's on the ram.

Rich3.8 Sorry the D max van isn't working out like a truck built to pull.

All that yapping and he has a van?

personally I feel if you have to use them your trailer is improperly loaded or you need to have one built with the axles closer to the tongue for better balance. ever experience what happens when one of those links break on a load leveler hitch? I'm well aware of what the A/T's will handle as I run 35's on the ram.

I agree on the trailer. It's probably built right but us racers always over load them with the golf cart's and all.

That's why you always inspect the chains for wear and make sure everything checks out ok.

Never had a chain break but it can't be any worse than a rear tire blowing out at 70mph in the middle of 5 lanes in rush hour. I'll take my chances with the levelers. I still have my factory 245/75 that I have considered putting on for the long hauls.

I have had a load leveler hook snap. No big deal.

I agree 100% on the trailer issue. I have a Vnose and door added to my trailer at the factory and I feel the additional weight of that and the floor space used, they did not balance the trailer properly. It is nose heavy empty and I need the bars to keep things level.

I thought some of you guys might like to know that a member of The Diesel Place with the screen name Nasty Girl just laid down 1004rwhp on the dyno @82psi with his Duramax.#2 fuel only.