Another 2012 rule suggestion for ths

These times and you are just starting to tune it in..... As I have always said... you have the rocket...

And yes... the left side rear bumper almost smacked the ground... I glad I still have the Steel bumpers on it..

Those aren't my times, I heard that's what u ran:eek:

DDay = Richard Petty of THS

DDay's new paint job for '12

Attachments

• petty.jpg
    petty.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 192
I've been testing with a difficult tire 275 40 17 Nitto NT01 and its just not working with a stock spring and street shock (KYB). The best I can do is 11's and not consistently at that, they can't take any hit at all. I've also spun 275 50 17 M&H's drag radials if they weren't heated up a lot. Kevin made a point in another thread about how slick allow a stock suspension to work versus a drag radial only class, and now I understand. I bolted up my little 9 inch MT ET Drags and bam! easy 10's again. I really can't spend any money on my car this year anyways, but a cheap coilover mod sounds like a good idea to help a drag radial car hook.

BTW- fiberglass is so old school, I want a carbon fiber hood!

There isn't a spring or shock out there that will make a 17" tire hook like a 15" tire. Not enough side wall. Save the $$$ on shocks and keep a good 15" tire on it for track use.

This is what a coil over spring looks like in the stock location. It's simply the cheapest and easiest way to change spring rates and ride height. You still use the stock location shocks. IMO there is no reason not to allow it.

The coil over spring on the front is a totally different situation. You can't just put a coil over spring on the front without a coil over shock. However, if the class allows a stock sized double adjustable shock in the front, the coil over shock is not a performance advantage.

Attachments

• -0013.JPG
    -0013.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 195
I agreee that's pretty funny.
This whole thread is amusing.

I too have a funny video involving Kevin B

If only I knew how to attach it.
I will try to load it tonight

There isn't a spring or shock out there that will make a 17" tire hook like a 15" tire. Not enough side wall. Save the $$$ on shocks and keep a good 15" tire on it for track use.

Yeah that's my plan, get another set of slicks. On the street with the tight 3000 stall 9/11 lockup converter its perfect with the 17 inch tires out back. I love driving the car around, but at the track it is like I need a PTC converter/trans and tire combo. I tried a 10+ psi launch off the parking brake and I lit up the 28x9 ET drags for 60 feet at dead hookers 14 on Saturday. I'm glad I live down here in the glorious South where the tracks are open year round and we don't have to bench race on the internet :)

Yeah that's my plan, get another set of slicks. On the street with the tight 3000 stall 9/11 lockup converter its perfect with the 17 inch tires out back. I love driving the car around, but at the track it is like I need a PTC converter/trans and tire combo. I tried a 10+ psi launch off the parking brake and I lit up the 28x9 ET drags for 60 feet at dead hookers 14 on Saturday. I'm glad I live down here in the glorious South where the tracks are open year round and we don't have to bench race on the internet :)

I hear that. It's 65 and sunny here now but come the weekend when tracks can open and it'll be 30.