Another 2012 rule suggestion for ths

I do not understand why you guys say no to something that will help you 60ft and not hurt driving on the street.

as soon as rules are posted I can post on the BPG site. kinda need info soon to include in some publications pending...

I agree so let's do coil overs front and back!
Do you deny they are better for 60 foot and street driving and adjustments?

I think just the springs are all you need for ths , but I am doing coil overs on my car to get my 60ft better than low 1.3's to keep up with the 8.5 guys this year.Coilovers are not going to hurt by any means for ride height and street driving.

I agree so let's do coil overs front and back!
Do you deny they are better for 60 foot and street driving and adjustments?

The issue is people do not want to change or feel like they have to change to stay competitive in the class. If coil over shocks do help the 60, or at least the winning car has coil overs, then everyone feels like they need to have them to win.
I personally would like to be able to run a non stock style spring. Its no big deal if you get the right sized ones. You don't need the adjusters or anything to make them work. Its stupid IMO not to allow them. Instead of paying $160+ to get custom rate stock style springs, you can go to jegs or summit and get coil over springs for half that. I don't think people here that voted this down know what's up or or know you can get the right springs and do not need anything else to make them work. Hopefully its not BC they are after the stock look, BC aftermarket sway bars and uppers and lowers sure as heck don't look stock.....neither do fiberglass bumpers, front a arms, etc... that are allowed in that can be spotted a mile away.
that's my $.02.

Kevin

My reason for voting them down is simply to help try and keep the cars at the same speed from last yr . I do understand they are a benefit to help the 60ft times without suffering the ride height and street ride. But where does it end. I personally think this class was started for the simple modded street cars that couldn't compete in any of the other race classes in BG. If this trend keeps happening and the cars keep getting faster there could be lose of cars due to some thinking they can no longer be competative or that one needs to spend more money to get there.

My point is that the same thing can be done with stock style springs but at twice the $$.
I am going to get the spring rate I want this winter. Would be nice to get it for $75+ shipping instead of $168 + shipping. That's all I'm trying to get at.

I hope everyone who shoots this down also voices a negative opinion about the fiberglass hood. There is a performance advantage getting the wieght off the front end. Especially 50 or so lbs.

My point is that the same thing can be done with stock style springs but at twice the $$.
I am going to get the spring rate I want this winter. Would be nice to get it for $75+ shipping instead of $168 + shipping. That's all I'm trying to get at.

I hope everyone who shoots this down also voices a negative opinion about the fiberglass hood. There is a performance advantage getting the wieght off the front end. Especially 50 or so lbs.

Kevin I personally don't care about the use of coil over spring on the rear only. Using it as an excuse not to spend an extra $60 for custom replacement is a very weak argument IMO. When one cant afford $75 they probably should not be class racing.

Kevin I personally don't care about the use of coil over spring on the rear only. Using it as an excuse not to spend an extra $60 for custom replacement is a very weak argument IMO. When one cant afford $75 they probably should not be class racing.

I was using that to prove its cheaper to go this route and can save money when selecting springs...hoping no one thinks this is an expensive modification.

Kevin

I understand your point. I have disliked the use of fiberglass hoods and the bumpers. Ths is Turbo hot street and glass bumpers have no place in the street.

What was the time? Couldnt see it in the video using my phone. Wonder if its as fast as Clay went? Definitely jealous you guys get to still race while our tracks are closed:( I was just startimg to figure some stuff out...but it was the last day the track was open.