Another 2012 rule suggestion for ths

Kevin

I understand your point. I have disliked the use of fiberglass hoods and the bumpers. Ths is Turbo hot street and glass bumpers have no place in the street.
I agree with the fiber bupers and hoods 100%. Wouldnt want to wreck a car with fiberglass bumpers or get tboned in a car with no door crash bars.

Who knows what the time was.....;)... The unedited version is for the owner. Point is... what I have always said... the cars are faster than what has been shown.... I had the same gas in the car from BG... to run that local race 2 months later...all I did was change the plugs and turn it down....I am sure people will think that I am not telling the truth in which I really could care less... but really... that is the truth...I had a long way to go to get to 30lbs...

And as far as who is faster Clay or me... the answer is Clay....

Yall have fun ya hear!

Lol...Clay is pretty good at keeping his under wraps.
I am not good myself. My fastest time is in my sig with a video...or is it? hehehe...
....winter sucks. I am ready for the track to open.

I hope everyone who shoots this down also voices a negative opinion about the fiberglass hood. There is a performance advantage getting the wieght off the front end. Especially 50 or so lbs.

Kevin, Are you falling into the if I cannot have this then no one should have that way of thinking?

I've been testing with a difficult tire 275 40 17 Nitto NT01 and its just not working with a stock spring and street shock (KYB). The best I can do is 11's and not consistently at that, they can't take any hit at all. I've also spun 275 50 17 M&H's drag radials if they weren't heated up a lot. Kevin made a point in another thread about how slick allow a stock suspension to work versus a drag radial only class, and now I understand. I bolted up my little 9 inch MT ET Drags and bam! easy 10's again. I really can't spend any money on my car this year anyways, but a cheap coilover mod sounds like a good idea to help a drag radial car hook.

BTW- fiberglass is so old school, I want a carbon fiber hood!

Stock boxed lowers and uppers with stock sway bar . The best I have netted is a 1.46 o. 255 drag radials. So stock stuff can get it don e

Do you still have the pinion snubber on it. If so remove it. That what was killing me

Hell, that pass was better than most cars in TSM for sure.

Stock springs and steel hood to boot... Sometimes turning the boost down has it's benefits ;)

Better hook him up with at least a jw performance roll bar soon. Safety isnt worth that extra weight savings, at least imo.

Hell, that pass was better than most cars in TSM for sure.

Stock springs and steel hood to boot... Sometimes turning the boost down has it's benefits ;)

Not sure of much on the video, can't see much but the rear end and such needs work, when I do a 4 foot launch when we did 4 hours of video and rented out a track the rear end should stay level to apply even power
Even when we did hard launches the rear bumper shouldn't dip like that?
Would be nice to see he time if gonna take time to watch vid

Time is $$$$

Who knows what the time was.....;)... The unedited version is for the owner. Point is... what I have always said... the cars are faster than what has been shown.... I had the same gas in the car from BG... to run that local race 2 months later...all I did was change the plugs and turn it down....I am sure people will think that I am not telling the truth in which I really could care less... but really... that is the truth...I had a long way to go to get to 30lbs...

And as far as who is faster Clay or me... the answer is Clay....

Doubt I am faster than you or Kevin. The time I posted in BG is by far my fastest and I don't think I can go faster.
You def need a roll bar nd that will kep it level on launch.
I just pulled my vids to compare before and afterbar on launch.
The bar levels the car.
But when I drive on the street or to work I def curse the bars.
But the safety is worth it........I guess.
I was able to tack down the time and congrats!

See u guys in BG!!

I don't think a roll bar will make a difference. He's got an atr sway bar. My white car did the same thing...it only had a sway bar too. The dipping is a function of another adjustment. But obviously it gets out pretty darn good so I would leave it alone.

gitter done sean......... I'm sure there is wayyyyy more in that car!!

Hows the brakes @ those speeds?