American Muscle Car

wow that's a great vid, never seen that one before
i couldn't believe mike doble was in it :cool:

Thanks, I've got the tape, but always nice to have on the computer. Someone here threatened to call the producers last time though. :eek:

How lame, but they can do whatever they want. :\

It just ruins it for everyone else, have fun with the video!

Copywrite LAW

The producer of the video program has rights to the program. He or she put the money up for the video. Showing it on the net without permission is a no no. COPYWRITE

Great video, but with so much of the emphasis on the motor it would have been nice if they would have slid the TTA in their as well.

showin this on the web is a no no

Just like sharing music files is! :p

BTW, what the difference of copying it from the net or using your VCR to copy it?

James

Copyright

Last I heard this is a public site,
and you need to have permission to dub a tape or put out for public viewing. How would you like to have you way of making a living stolen?

It wouldnt be as bad if there wasn't commercials taken out.

This isn't 'sharing music files' because the movie isn't 'sold' to the customer, and were not showing in public for a fee.
"Educational Use" is the keyword. noone is profiting from it

"Educational use"I would ask a copyright attorney that question, might not hold up in court.

I doubt they will go after a movie they want US to watch. Were watching THEIR show, and would NEVER take anyone to court.

At most they would tell someone to remove the post or file.

If that is true you are fine, if not you lose your house and your GN.
My point is that this program is somone's investment of time, money and equipment. They did not produce it for free.

Ah yes, the Speed Channel/AMC TR vid. I sent many of these vids to members here years ago for the cost of the blank tapes. However, there is a copyright on this production. I ceased distributing it after discussing the situation with Mike Savino (his family stars in it) of the other board. Someone should contact him over there and ask for his take on linking to the video's site. He's a very understanding guy and will steer you in the right direction.

- Jimmy