Advice for a TR newbie

MSUGTP

Morn'n gents!

When I finish up school in December, I'd like to pick up either a GN or T-Type and would first like to know what to look for on these cars. I've seen a few cars on e-bay that have a little rust. Is this common on TR's? What things should I look for when buying a one?

Second, of the cars I've seen for sale, alot of them seem to go for between 12k-18k and then I've seen some low mileage cars in the 20k range. What sort of condition would these lower priced cars be in? I'm definately not looking for a trailer queen but would like something with great paint and no dents but wouldn't have a problem with putting money into get'n her looking that way (hey these cars are getting to be 20 years old!). I figure I would go with the best car that I could afford.

Lastly, modding :biggrin: . When you starting modding these cars, what is first to break? How far can you go on the stock tranny, rear end, etc? What are the more reputable companies that sell parts for these cars? Thanks for helping me with these questions! I'll never forget the night I got hooked on these cars. I was 16 or so and a friend down the street let me drive his GN that he said did 11's. Now every time I watch a video of your cars and hear that turbo spool up, it sends a chill up my spine. :)

Semper Fi

Don't buy from ebay unless you can go see it. Look here or gnttype.org forums. You will get a better deal.