AC delco 02 sensor

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
Im trying to order a AC delco 02 from the dealer the number I had gotten onhere was AFS20, the number they have is AFS21 are they the same before I go spend $72.00:eek: on a 02? I put a bosh or something in(cant remember) it had a purple wire on it maybe 50 miles and it sits on 350-400 and at WOT it reads ZERO. I thought my scanmaster wasnt working but everything else seems fine? I also bought a laptop and D.S to try and figure out what is going on?I also did a search and found a thread about 02's sitting in the 3-4 hundred range and it was a loose ground wire going to the ecm,I checked the tan wire going to pin D6 on the ecm,it was ok,which has me thinking I just got a CRAPPY 02 to begin with. ANY help would be great,ThanX

I think the 21 is the GNX sensor - either one seems to work great.

DO NOT BUY FROM DEALER!!!! They are the only one's selling GM O2 sensors for that much $. Get it from anybody else in town and use the savings for a jug of methanol and a few hamburgers

I think the 21 is the GNX sensor - either one seems to work great.

DO NOT BUY FROM DEALER!!!! They are the only one's selling GM O2 sensors for that much $. Get it from anybody else in town and use the savings for a jug of methanol and a few hamburgers

I called Auto zone,Napa,and advance they all have Bosch or something else,they all said its a dealer only item.Anyone else sell the AC Delco ones? Burgers and ALKY sound GOOD!:D

I purchased an 02 sensor off ebay for like $31 but if a vendor here sells them it might be best to go thru them. I didn't know that before hand.

Get a Denso from Full Throttle for $25 & its even better than the Delco as it takes Race Gas & that kills Delco's
Denso is the way to go!

Get a Denso from Full Throttle for $25 & its even better than the Delco as it takes Race Gas & that kills Delco's
Denso is the way to go!

X2!!!!

Ive had ZERO problems with Denso's in my GN as well as a handfull of other TRs. My current one should last a long time with pump gas and alchy!:D

I got mine from sparkplugs.com for $16 I think, but AutoZone should be able to special order them for you. Its a non-stock item in most parts stores I think.

Denso is the way to go!

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!

Denso are high quality sensors and from Rock Auto cost around 20 bucks.
That AC Delco is hype no need to pay more to get it-- and if you are an originality freak the original ones didnt have a purple wire so there!
The Bosch ones are good but crap out quickly.

OK, Im getting the DENSO:) Auto zone said they can have 1 tommarow. My BOSCH CRAPPED out real quick.ThanX

Did you replace your 02 yet? I am having same issue, just wandering if it helped.

Oxygen Sensor Update

The ACDelco AFS-20 has been discontinued and is no longer available. That part now subs out to the ACDelco AFS-22, which is the GNX O2 sensor part number, however, this new AFS-22 GNX O2 sensor is no longer the same.

The reason for the discontinuation and change is because the old AFS-20 O2 sensor technology is obsolete. All of the new O2 sensors now available are of the new "planar" technology including Denso, ACDelco AFS-22, Bosch, and Delphi brands. This new technology provides the fastest reaction time, and includes an Aluminum Oxide trap layer to extend sensor life and greatly reduce lead and silicone poisoning.

HOWEVER; All of the other new sensors are about 1/2" longer than the original AFS-20 and some people are complaining about clearance issues with these other brands, except the Delphi brand sensor. The Delphi sensor is the only sensor that is the same length as the original AFS-20, but has a black wire. If you are looking for a sensor with a purple wire, then you want the ACDelco new AFS-22 (although this sensor is longer like the Denso and Bosch sensors). The Delphi sensor is available for about $20 and the ACDelco is available for about $25.

Denso 1 wire factory replacement part number# 234-1001. $27.95 ordered from Advance auto. You can use race fuel with it and it still works fine. Or sparkplugs.com sells them for $18.00 bucks. I'm running one and it seem to work fine.