A true 700HP Turbo??

Originally posted by quickt
Hi Reggie,
We just went 9.64@141 at 3620lb with that 76 turbo I got from ya. A 76 with the right combo will get you in the mid 9s.

After tonight lets make that 9.50@141.2

I think we have ourselves a real monster with this new turbo.

Best run was 10.50 at 132. 1.69 60 ft and that was through the mufflers.

I got one datalog off of four runs. What I did see though was pretty good. There is definitely room to go with this thing and I have 3 more degrees I can put in the timing map too.

I am impressed with Innovatives' turbo. It is really quick.

Originally posted by Reggie West
I think we have ourselves a real monster with this new turbo.

Best run was 10.50 at 132. 1.69 60 ft and that was through the mufflers.

I got one datalog off of four runs. What I did see though was pretty good. There is definitely room to go with this thing and I have 3 more degrees I can put in the timing map too.

I am impressed with Innovatives' turbo. It is really quick.

What turbo is it?

This is an Innovative twin ball bearing 74.

Q trim .81 housing.

This thing spins better than the Turbonetics 80 did and I liked that one.

I'm in the market for a turbo for my GN. Looking to make some high 9 second passes. Currently a built 109 block but a stage engine is in the future. I want to buy ONE turbo that will work now and later on with the S2. I ran a Q trim standard bearing T70 for mid 10 second passes in the car at a 3660lb. race weight and 200 tranny. The car is going on a diet and getting a 'braked TH400. Still contemplating a turbo...

Couple of Qs

Originally posted by Reggie West

Best run was 10.50 at 132.

Reggie,

What was your max. boost on that run?

Where did you find the best deal on your Innovative Dual-BB 74?

TIA!! :)

Well that was part of the problem with the datalogs. The only log I recorded did not have PSI recorded. It did record KPA, that was at 240 but I dont know what the conversion is. I am guessing the 10.50 run had boost at 23 psi.

I had to add a lot of fuel to the lower end of the map because the turbo comes on so quick. There was a couple of points where the ECM had added 24% to some cells to keep the A/F ratio where it was supposed to be.

The first run, they rushed us up to the line so bad that he had no time to trigger the recording to start.

Third run the hose going to the MAP sensor popped off so no data was recorded.

Dad bought the turbo from Innovative, I am not sure what the price was. Two other friends bought the same turbo at the same time. So I am sure there may have been some sort of discount with it.

Job, Dad runs a 400 now, no trans brake, and so far this is a good combo. I do believe that a 72 will get you high 9s as well. The 74 will have room left for what you want to do too.
Jeff Rand is using a built 2004R from Performance Trans and so far that has held up too. He will be trying out the same turbo as well.

Funny thing at the track. There was a tube chassis Civic there running 9.00s at 156. He was shutting off at 1000 ft doing it. He is waiting for the same turbo Dad has so he can shoot for the first turbo fwd Civic in the 7's. He had a FAST unit too.

Just found the conversion.

Figured we were at 20 psi. And that was through the mufflers.

Now I am happy. I have a lot of room to go with that turbo.