-8AN Feed -6AN return. How fast have these been?

Nick, think that was a typo. You ment -10 feed to -8 return. Thats what I remember hearing when we talked

What size injectors are you guys using? How fast are these cars supposed to be?

I'm running 160's. Not sure how fast my car will be becuase it's not back on the road yet and I'm waiting on my fuel system. But, I'm hoping for bottom 9's.

here is what I got

DSC_4079.jpg

DSC_4080.jpg

Hello,

I have the same tank, do you have any pics with bumpers on? I would like to know how low or how bad it hangs down sinceback end of the tank is not tapered like the stock one. How is E85 working out with the Aluminum tank? I am surprised that no one here jumped on that part yet. I am planning to use the same tank and E85.

Thanks
Prasad

I believe the Reds pumps are the same diameter and height as the 255's. I know Red uses the 340's but not sure how the size of the 340's compare to the 255's.

Anybody know?

Same dimensions externally.

Hello,

I have the same tank, do you have any pics with bumpers on? I would like to know how low or how bad it hangs down sinceback end of the tank is not tapered like the stock one. How is E85 working out with the Aluminum tank? I am surprised that no one here jumped on that part yet. I am planning to use the same tank and E85.

Thanks
Prasad
I have had a aluminum tank for years with e85 no problems yet, I can get pictures with bumpers on after I get them back from paint

I ran 9.27 at 150 mph with -8 feed and -6 return with homade double pumper with 2 walbro 340's in a Metco spare tirewell tank. On Rockett 118 fuel with 96 # injectors if that helps.

If he can trap 150mph on race fuel that with the weight of the car can tell you how much power he makes. You can use that and start calculating with E-85. I bet he could do it with larger injectors and the new high flow pumps and the same lines.

I had made a spreadsheet for the theoretical capability of a Walbro 255 some time ago based on a pump curve that I found out there for the pump... It factored in what sort of boost pressure you were running at WOT, pumped fluid specific gravities etc. Keep in mind that as the system resistance increases, your pumps flow capability decreases. The 255 lph rating is at base pressure only (42-45 psi).

I'm sure I could modify it to model a parallel pump system pretty easily. I had it set up to modify the pump curve based on a voltage increase from a volt booster or boost-a-pump too.

With a little more work I could probably work out a calculator for what sort of line sizes to run based on frictional losses through the tubing at various flowrates. There will of course need to be assumptions made based on fitting losses etc... but it could be done.

EDIT: Found it... I put in 24 psi boost pressure and 2 psi line loss in the tubing (not a calculated value, conservative), and the curve tells me the pump should deliver 220 lph at those conditions. Pressure loss will obviously increase if you increase the flow through the hose.

I can try and investigate this further if anyone cares. Hell, I would think there HAS to be another calculator out there like this SOMEWHERE. it isn't like it is new science or anything.

-DD