87 Regal/g/n 1531 Hp Is Done ...........

Owwwwww but good luck finishing the car. What times do you expect? OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

not really sure .the car weights 3100 lbs and we made 1531 but we deleted water interkooler and went with akly and water injections...... not sure.

Both alky and water? Care to explain?

Thanks Jason
well at [www.stevemorrisracingengines.com] he has installed on several engines a water/alky injections and had good luck so thats what i went with instead of a liq intercooler in the passengers side floor board . i plan on driving the car alot so i was just looking for making it easy and simple install. go to his site and look at his engine pics ...............you,ll see in the hot rod magazine issue he is running
on his wagon.

wells guys i have been really busy finishing little things on the car. here is a list of thing i have finished. ill post pics this weekend for sure. im on the couch this weekend cause i went in and had vasectomy so im a little sore this weekend. 3 kidz is enough.
1. finished the cage
2. made a polished blower belt gaurd
3. mounted my msd digital 7al prog in the console.[sweet]
4. made new shifter bezel with switches mounted in it.
5. made a new trans cross member to except 5 in bullets.
6. made the hood fit around the pro charger with a bulge in it.
7. made blower support bracket
Thats about it .
need to paint hood finish wiring and im done. Then to track..........

Ken,

I hope the boys are doing better!!!:eek:
Post some pictures if you can!!! ( of the car ):biggrin:

??????????:eek: :eek: HEY THERES A TRACTION PROBLEM HOW DO I FIX THIS..............

THATS A BIG GUN! You could go rob a bank with that thing. theyd never know what it was. Say it was an alien weapon. just kidding...

I wonder what that would do in my lil eclipse RS. I was looking for a blower/turbo... I think I found it LMAO!!!

traction problem

??????????:eek: :eek: HEY THERES A TRACTION PROBLEM HOW DO I FIX THIS..............

have you thought of using the ladder bar set-up from the gnx it helped to launch them with no tire spin seen it on american musclecar probably need a real strong one specially built for your application. good luck the car looks great.

have you thought of using the ladder bar set-up from the gnx it helped to launch them with no tire spin seen it on american musclecar probably need a real strong one specially built for your application. good luck the car looks great.

It will hook with a good boost controller..
The GNX Torque arm is something I have been thinking about for years.
A lot of sanctioning bodies will not allow it in stock suspension classes.
I was told by one tech guy we would have to have a valid GNX Vin #.

I wondered about the torque arm as well, the stock suspension class I will be running in states:

Suspension must be same as factory i.e. – No torque arms in a FOX
body mustang or no torque arms in a g-body Cutlass, etc. etc.
Corvettes and other similar entries need to utilize that factory
rear suspension.

But since the GNX did have a torque arm.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not going to persue it, but next time I'm chatting with the peeps that make the rules, I'll ask about it-

I wondered about the torque arm as well, the stock suspension class I will be running in states:

Suspension must be same as factory i.e. – No torque arms in a FOX
body mustang or no torque arms in a g-body Cutlass, etc. etc.
Corvettes and other similar entries need to utilize that factory
rear suspension.

But since the GNX did have a torque arm.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not going to persue it, but next time I'm chatting with the peeps that make the rules, I'll ask about it-

I've spoken with my tech guy about this. IMO running that short of a torque arm isn't worth it. The F-body torque arms are longer than the GNX arm. I was told I could run it but the dimensions would have to be the same. I was going to ask my chassis guy about running a short arm but I have been told the lifting the rear of a GNX that you see is not what you want on a race car and it's caused by the short arm. You would prefer an arm that mounts closer to the transmission crossmember.

I've spoken with my tech guy about this. IMO running that short of a torque arm isn't worth it. The F-body torque arms are longer than the GNX arm. I was told I could run it but the dimensions would have to be the same. I was going to ask my chassis guy about running a short arm but I have been told the lifting the rear of a GNX that you see is not what you want on a race car and it's caused by the short arm. You would prefer an arm that mounts closer to the transmission crossmember.

Thanks DB, the ORSCA guy told me no way.....
Sounds like like you have more pull!:eek:
FYI: the Wolfe Bar that I have seen is really short.....

I was told it would have to be a GNX also, Maaco:biggrin:

As much as they let slide for their home town guys, I'd be pissed if I was told no when it was a factory option. Reckon that Fulton motor was an option in the Mustangs;)