'87 Limited, western PA

well what do I need to do to make it officially "not for sale"?...lol....:biggrin:

hahahaha... whats sad is a while ago if someone told me they wanted it it was theirs.. Now if I don't "know" you it's not sold till I have the $$$ in my hand :p The first guy gets it :cool: New wave of the net :biggrin:

Hey now, don't take it the wrong way :p

From my point of view I have a guy who says he's coming up with a trailer and cash. Now I have no reason to not believe him, but I had a Jeep TJ that I sold back in '04 (Money that I instantly blew on this Buick :D ) and I lost count of the guys that "wanted it" that never followed through, so I'm a bit jaded now, haha.... Plus, for whatever reason, nobody wanted this car, but then all of a sudden it seems like everyone wants it. There are 3 other guys PM'ing me about it and I'm kind of in limbo about what to say until it's actual sold, ya know? :p . All I can go by is the guy that says he wants it and hold it for him, that guy being Chris :D

Was in the garage yesterday looking at it and got a knot in my stomach about selling it, it's not going to be easy to see it go. I have no use for this car whatsoever, but as a "car guy", does there need to be one? Hell no! But sadly, I think it's time. I have an '05 Subaru LegacyGT that I'm looking to sell as well, I just want to get out of car payments altogether and start stuffing money in the bank every month instead. *shrug* . Chris, wanna take a Subaru too? :p

Chris, the car does have a Grumpy downpipe on it, how could you go wrong? :D

well what do I need to do to make it officially "not for sale"?...lol....:biggrin:

A simple thing called PAY FOR IT. I am impressed that you have a stack of $100 bills as you say but that does the seller no good.

Enjoy, Kip

Man that is a classless act, posting your number in a car for sale thread when the seller is asked for a contact number.

See ya, Kip

Did you see the smiley? Relax. I was kidding around. Kinda letting you know I was buying it.

A simple thing called PAY FOR IT. I am impressed that you have a stack of $100 bills as you say but that does the seller no good.

Enjoy, Kip

I quoted the seller when asking that question.

I can arrange payment however the seller may wish. A stack of hunney bunnie$ seems to make buying a old car easier. They don't bounce.

Amazingly enough, I found the road that goes to where he lives. My trailer is hooked up and I'm leaving in time to take possession tomorrow. All without your guidance.

So please, grow a set.... and call that number instead if muddying up this man's thread.:)

Is that classless enough for ya?

Hey now, don't take it the wrong way :p

From my point of view I have a guy who says he's coming up with a trailer and cash. Now I have no reason to not believe him, but I had a Jeep TJ that I sold back in '04 (Money that I instantly blew on this Buick :D ) and I lost count of the guys that "wanted it" that never followed through, so I'm a bit jaded now, haha.... Plus, for whatever reason, nobody wanted this car, but then all of a sudden it seems like everyone wants it. There are 3 other guys PM'ing me about it and I'm kind of in limbo about what to say until it's actual sold, ya know? :p . All I can go by is the guy that says he wants it and hold it for him, that guy being Chris :D

Was in the garage yesterday looking at it and got a knot in my stomach about selling it, it's not going to be easy to see it go. I have no use for this car whatsoever, but as a "car guy", does there need to be one? Hell no! But sadly, I think it's time. I have an '05 Subaru LegacyGT that I'm looking to sell as well, I just want to get out of car payments altogether and start stuffing money in the bank every month instead. *shrug* . Chris, wanna take a Subaru too? :p

Chris, the car does have a Grumpy downpipe on it, how could you go wrong? :D

Why do you think I'm buying it?!?!? The Grumpy DP...of course!:biggrin:

Oof! No need for animosity guys. Tough crowd, these Buick guys :eek:

I'm perfectly fine with cash, provided it's not monopoly money or counterfeit :p . Call me paranoid, but I don't trust anyone (no offense), so I'm a bit hesitant to accept that much cash, but what's truly safe these days? Seems like a person could get ripped off these days no matter what kind of payment they receive.
Only thing I can think is to run to the bank with him and the cash and have them look it over, but that seems incredibly lame :D

What to do, what to do..... Dude, just don't rip me off :tongue:

PM sent, Chris....

I quoted the seller when asking that question.

I can arrange payment however the seller may wish. A stack of hunney bunnie$ seems to make buying a old car easier. They don't bounce.

Amazingly enough, I found the road that goes to where he lives. My trailer is hooked up and I'm leaving in time to take possession tomorrow. All without your guidance.

So please, grow a set.... and call that number instead if muddying up this man's thread.:)

Is that classless enough for ya?

I am not "muddying" up the thread. The seller posted "still for sale" and I asked for a contact number then you come on the thead and post your phone number (not a nice way to conduct oneself).You ask what do I have to do to make it "officially not for sale", I expressed what most people do. All seems pretty clear to me.

Take care, Kip

I am not "muddying" up the thread. The seller posted "still for sale" and I asked for a contact number then you come on the thead and post your phone number (not a nice way to conduct oneself).You ask what do I have to do to make it "officially not for sale", I expressed what most people do. All seems pretty clear to me.

Take care, Kip

I wasn't talking to Kip...hence the quotation.

Since when is my business, how I pay for anything....any of your concern?

Thanks for your attempt to "help" though.:smile:

It's all pretty clear to me too.

Take care,Chris

I wasn't talking to Kip...hence the quotation.

Since when is my business, how I pay for anything....any of your concern?

Thanks for your attempt to "help" though.:smile:

It's all pretty clear to me too.

Take care,Chris

Chris just remember this all started because I asked the seller for a phine number and for some strange reason you thought you should post your number instead. Seems you and the seller are unclear if the car is sold or not. I will ask you this so I can move on with my search, are you buying this car for sure no matter what?????

Thanks again, Kip

Kip,
To be honest, I'm not clear on anything until I've received payment. Like I said, I've been burned before with my Jeep. Doesn't seem to be the case here as he seems fully intent on coming up for the car. The reason I said "pending" is because I didn't want to say "sold" and have it backfire on me later on in case he bailed out on it. Although in hindsight I could have just not said anything and just said SOLD when it was actually sold. So blame me :p

Kip,
To be honest, I'm not clear on anything until I've received payment. Like I said, I've been burned before with my Jeep. Doesn't seem to be the case here as he seems fully intent on coming up for the car. The reason I said "pending" is because I didn't want to say "sold" and have it backfire on me later on in case he bailed out on it. Although in hindsight I could have just not said anything and just said SOLD when it was actually sold. So blame me :p

No blame on you as I understand where you are comming from. As for all the new interest in your car I am sure alot of others are like me and needed to get Christmas stuff done with their families before running around looking at cars and that stuff is done now. Good luck with the sale.

Take care, Kip

Chris just remember this all started because I asked the seller for a phine number and for some strange reason you thought you should post your number instead. Seems you and the seller are unclear if the car is sold or not. I will ask you this so I can move on with my search, are you buying this car for sure no matter what?????

Thanks again, Kip

I'll just keep in line with my classlessness and say...none of your friggin business. It was on the board for a long time. If you wanted it ,you coulda bought it ,same as me.

If Welby chooses to discuss his business with you or post it for the world see...fine. It's his business.

But what I'm doing isn't your business, at all. Try not to be an azz when somebody posts a smiley face with a joke.:)

Take care

Congrats

O well welby, guess these guys came through. My plan was to look at your car after the holidays.. If this guy would have snoozed,it would be very likely that t-type would be sitting next to my gn... I am sorry to see you sell it though, i enjoy our local buick guys,meets and all....we'll see ya this summer... Take care..

hahahaha... whats sad is a while ago if someone told me they wanted it it was theirs.. Now if I don't "know" you it's not sold till I have the $$$ in my hand :p The first guy gets it :cool: New wave of the net :biggrin:

I remember selling cars on a hand shake. That was about 10 years ago that doesn't happen any more.

O well welby, guess these guys came through. My plan was to look at your car after the holidays.. If this guy would have snoozed,it would be very likely that t-type would be sitting next to my gn... I am sorry to see you sell it though, i enjoy our local buick guys,meets and all....we'll see ya this summer... Take care..

Bill, I'm sorry, I know you were interested in it. Honestly, I wasn't expecting any real bites on it until spring, but he PM'd me saying he was coming up to get it. Seemed so spur of the moment that I didn't know whether he was serious or not (I've heard it before, believe me!). But he was serious and that was that. I'll still be floating around at random car shows all the time, so I'll at least be able to ogle all of you guys Buicks and live vicariously through others. I might wind up in another one someday, never say never! Might have to check out one of those mysterious black ones ;)

Congrats Chris and be safe on the way home....

Scot W.

He's a Hell of a nice guy. Possibly crazy for driving 18 hours straight to get a car, but a good dude nonetheless :D . I tried to be as upfront as possible about the car and we both seemed fine with the price. I'm looking forward to reading up on what he's up to with it, he seems like he'll squeeze its real potential out of it :) . I just don't ever want to read that he's having major problems with it, 'cause I'll feel like a sh*thead :D

He was laughing at me for taking pictures, but c'mon, everyone knows how it is. This is my last shot of it. He thought I needed a hug, but I sniffled that I was OK :tongue:

buicksold.jpg