'87 Limited, western PA

Welby

Have decided to put my Limited up for sale. Not an easy decision, but I feel that it's time. 77,653 miles on the odometer. Was originally purchased from TommyX (RoseyT here) in Oct. 04 from this thread:

1987 Limited T - TurboBuicks.com

Since purchasing the car I have added:

Walbro340
009 injectors
TA-49
Razor's Alky
TurboTweak chip
Translator and LT-1 MAF
3" DP (Grumpypipe :p )
Scanmaster
Centerline Tel-Star wheels

Sure I'm forgetting a few things. The car has been repainted at some point in its life before I bought it. The prep work left something to be desired, but the car cleans up very nicely and I was never embarrassed to park it at car shows, haha. There is some slight rust at the bottom of the doors, the driver's side isn't bad at all. The passenger side puzzles me, I'm guessing when the car was painted there was some kind of flexible stuff used before painting. some of it is peeling away (hopefully the pic shows it well). It looks exactly the same as it did when I bought the car 5 years ago, probably since the car has always been garaged
Car runs great and with everything done to it, it has a lot more potential than I know how to squeeze from it . My main problem at the track was traction (or lack of, I should say). I'd think with good drag radials it would run low 12's as it sits. There was also a vacuum brake conversion done before I bought it. I personally have never been happy with the brakes, but never did do anything about it. I'm not condeming vacuum brakes, but the setup on this car feels lousy, IMO. There is a gutted cat on the car and it tends to smell "rich". When I first bought the car it failed emissions, so I just put a classic plate on it.
The driver's rear axle has a slight wobble to it, another thing that's been that way since I bought it. I have no idea why, it's before my time. I did buy another axle for it, but never put it in. I replaced the rear coils with F-body coils, which helped lower the back end. Bought Moog springs (forget the #) for the front which dropped it down and I cut them a little bit to get the front where I wanted it (purists can wince here). The reality is, the front probably sits a little too low now, but coils are cheap and easy. Replaced the right side lower ball joint in fall of '07 and the car is still in need of alignment, it pulls to the right slightly. I've probably only put 700 miles on the car in the 2 years since...
I do still have the stock T wheels, stock rear coils (and an airbag), stock injectors, stock downpipe. This stuff will go with the car as well.

Looking for $7,500 firm for the car. This is not a "must sell" thing, it's a "I have too many cars and something has to give" thing ;) . I'm not going to be taken to the cleaners, I've done it too many times in the past. I think the price is very fair considering all that's been added to it and being honest about its condition. Thanks for looking guys, please PM me only if genuinely interested. I sold a built Jeep before I bought this Buick and the volume of E-tire kickers and low-ballers left a bad taste in my mouth, lol.

Here's a link to some pics taken today, hopefully everyone can see them :)

4164184602_10cea0c9e0_b.jpg

'87 Turbo Limited for sale, $7,500 - a set on Flickr

Thanks, Mark

Not sure why I can't edit, but there is also a new style Bigmouth intake on the car as well. I knew I'd forget some things...

Looks great, i cannot believe it hasnt sold yet.

Wished i had more garages, i already have more than double the cars than garage spaces.

Good luck with the sale, it "should" sell fairly easy for that price IMHO.

BW:)

I'm really perplexed at the complete lack of interest in this, I don't think the price is unreasonable at all, especially considering everything included. At this point I'm wondering if I shouldn't have commented on the few very minor issues the car has. Would people prefer to see a listing stating that a car is perfect only to discover that later on that it's not :confused: . I'd rather be up front about things. Anybody who's seen the car has commented on how nice it is, unless they're bull****ting me, lol...
Might as well mention it, I forgot to before, there are 3 guages in the car; Oil pressure, water temp and boost. They were in the car when I bought it. If you look at the original post that I bought the car from, you'll see that. The oil pressure guage is mounted (more or less) under the radio pod, I figured that was good enough and never had the urge to move it. Well one day it shifted some and I went to re-center it. When I moved it, something shorted out, so now the oil pressure and water temp guages aren't working. I looked for a fuse and found one, but it was fine, so I don't know.
Now that I mentioned that I guess the car's probably worth about $3,000 or so.

EDIT: Sh*t, I forgot to mention the slight oil drip. That probably brings the value down to about $850 or so. You know what, just take it ! :p

*sigh*

Always better being upfrount with info. In the long run it will pay off.
Price seems right. Mad money is just tight right know.

Good luck on sale

It's a tough time to sell one. I've had one for sale since July,had one local offer for $8200 I said no thanks I'll keep it for that. You car looks sweet,someone will buy it.

Will entertain offers. All extreme lowballers will be met with laughter, then anger and a bunch of "Get the f**k out of my thread". Fair warning!

well what do I need to do to make it officially "not for sale"?...lol....:biggrin:

hahahaha... whats sad is a while ago if someone told me they wanted it it was theirs.. Now if I don't "know" you it's not sold till I have the $$$ in my hand :p The first guy gets it :cool: New wave of the net :biggrin:

hahahaha... whats sad is a while ago if someone told me they wanted it it was theirs.. Now if I don't "know" you it's not sold till I have the $$$ in my hand :p The first guy gets it :cool: New wave of the net :biggrin:

LOL...I know what you mean. Welby snd I have been playing phone tag and PM tag.

I can see the other side also. I've had stuff for sale... a guy wants it/commits...I turn down another sale in the meantime.... then guy changes his mind....and by now the 2nd guy I turned down because of the 1st guy lying, well...he found one too..:mad::mad::mad:

I got hundred dollar bills, though :cool: and plan on having the title in my hand in the next 72 hrs.:biggrin:

With this storm coming in...I hope the next 48.....
You can bet that Campbell will do what he says. Hell!...I want the car!!! Never had a Limited.. .....

I'm giddy....quivering with schoolgirl-like anticipation:biggrin:

well hate to rain on your parade BUT I already Paypal'd him $25 to hold it for me for a few months :p Limited's rock !!! great cars.. good luck with it :cool: