87' GN last time under the Knife!!

1-20-12. Drivers Side is ready for paint,Passenger's still in smoothing phase. The A-Pillers have cracks!!! We'er welding an leading them back in. I'm adding the GNX rear seat brace to stop future cracking an adding a 8 point cage!

IMG_0044a.jpgIMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpgIMG_0051.jpgb.jpg

GNX fender tunnels are in, waiting on the "Real" fiberglass Louvers to arrive ,I went with best dash caps out to fix the famous mid-upper dash split .Ordering a complete set of Seat upholstery front an back. Direction on the build is to have fully looking GNX exterior an interior, but with a Drive line from Hell underneath it all...8^)
After the body is all ready the car get's stripped down for the frame work,re-enforcing the rear control arm mounts,boxing the frame,adding the cage mounts...

Enjoy!

Yesterday,1-19-20,11:40am est,Orlando,FL The President flew in for a Disney speech..I drove down to OIA for some pics

IMG_359411-19-12 dalta 4 launch.jpgIMG_35981-19-12 dalta 4 launch.jpg

Both sides about ready for epoxy primmer,Drivers side's ready!!...Now in the process of fixing the A-Pillars ,Both sides need work,passenger-side front wasn't even welded fully from the Factory!! Dash caps mounted an painted an upper speaker cover pannel . Decided to go ahead an Mold the GNX flares to the body,we'er mini tubing the front for tire clearence an being molded in helps out. 8^)

IMG_0065.jpgIMG_0067.jpgIMG_0069.jpgIMG_0070.jpgIMG_0073.jpg

Passenger side in the last smoothing phase

IMG_0072.jpg

Drivers side is Done an ready for Epoxy Primmer!!

IMG_0071.jpg

This car's exterior appearance will be like Glass!!

Looking good, got a question where would you buy bumper fillers?

Forgot where i got mine, in the photo's in the begining of this are the fiberglass ones, Un-painted,still gel coated straight from the mailbox, i just bolted them up for looks. Any the venders in forum section can get them,g-body parts,TR customs,etc,etc..From what i gather, none of them are perfect an have to be worked a little, But it's firbroglass, so thats easy,There's the origianl ABS platic one's out to, it's just your choice. fiberglass,never replace again (unless you crash) or the plastic ones that over time will degrade again..

Enjoy!

The Friday update!! Both sides the car now in black epoxy primmer,the 4 a-pillar roof cracks,welded,leaded an filled. Going a differant direction on the body, Me an the Builder just don't like the GNX fender flares,To goddy looking, I'm now looking into Laren body kits for GN's, i found nice looking door pannel an rear section kit. I have to add something or i'll rock chip the paint job up beings this is a Driver an i'll have the largest front tires an second from the largest rears in the back 295's now ,but 315's will fit..8^)..Next the roof being done then we start the frame mod's,(re-enforcement,bushings,possiably 8 point cage)

IMG_0103.JPGIMG_0104.JPGIMG_0105.JPGIMG_0106.JPGIMG_0107.JPGIMG_0108.JPG

Enjoy!

2-10-12 Friday Update! Fenders are tire clearanced,"Real" Fiberglass GNX louvers an tunnels go in next,Dash is going in along with all the wiring,Everything is in Black Epoxy primmer except the bumpers an cars roof,Which by next week all's done an ready for Paint.

IMG_0105GN 2-10-12.JPGIMG_0106GN 2-10-12.JPGIMG_0107GN 2-10-12.JPGIMG_0108GN 2-10-12.JPGIMG_0109GN 2-10-12.JPGIMG_0110GN 2-10-12.JPGIMG_0111GN 2-10-12.JPGIMG_0112GN 2-10-12.JPG

Monday Update after the Old Town Turbo Buick show 2-12-12,
Yeap..The Laren Body kit came in,pictured from there site below:
17664262.jpg17666383.jpg
It was modle number LX1-GN,smallest kit they offered,the other's they offer are rediculess looking.."I didn't like it"..Back to plan F,GNX flares..Going to have them removiable..The GNX vents an tunnels are cut, i test fitted,really didn't like the gap inbetween the tunnel an outer flare ,couple inches,but o well..thats how they'll be, My roof's rear inner liner is Tourqe Warpped...lol..little surface rust to,More reason to re-enforce the rear deck behind the seats.You don't an you'll pop your rear window out/crack on rear hard launch with enough HP....!!!
IMG_0050.JPGIMG_0052.JPGIMG_0053.JPGIMG_0051.JPGIMG_0049.JPG

Enjoy!

Presidents days update! 2-20-12
I went up to pay on my car some more an totally forgot the banks are closed today!!..lol..opps,so i went up an got pics anyway..Everything is now in black epoxy primmer less the GNX flares, I just brought them back to Bob today, an picked up the Laren lower an rear body kit, I'll sale it for $300 i guess if any ones interested,It's at least $150 to ship,it's in big long box but not really heavy. The new body bushings are about to go in , the re-enforced braces added, an the frames being painted,I'm going back up to the shop this Friday,more pics then..

IMG_0059.JPGIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0061.JPGIMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG

Friday Update! 2-22-12, Everything is in multiple coats of black epoxy primmer an ready for paint job,Dash is in,like the spot for the alky?. It's not finished yet,it's just all wired,I have two gauge one piece a-pillar going in as well,All the XFI is now in the glove box -vs- hanging out in the passenger kick panel...I am now debaiting cutting out the spear tire holder an adding larger gas tank!!! Tires today have run flat tech !!! an a extra 10 gallons gas would be great on HWY trips....Next is Body off the frame for frame work,after seeing a video of g-body chassis flex:

I believe i'll be boxing the factory frame,i'm still iffy on 8 point cage,time'll tell. Being well over 500hp an even more torque!! If not done the body will warp again..8^)

IMG_0077.JPGIMG_0073.JPGIMG_0071.JPGIMG_0074.JPGIMG_0075.JPGIMG_0076.JPG

Bonus Thread! I had just came in from cutting the grass last Sat.,2-18-12, an saw this,so i grabbed the CanonG10 an filmed it..

Excues the contrast an sound, didn't have time to adjust it..
Enjoy!

Haven't updated in while, Bob works faster then my wallet allows!! Heh..I should be able to give'm some doe the end this week an we take the body off the frame!!
Bonus Thread!! I took this hobby up below in 2008 while my car was going through a motor a year an down all the time( the cars parts were faster then a stock ECM could handle i found out, No matter how modified ECM was) Xfi solved everything along with rear gear change...
Astrophotography!!...Another Cash Cow that sneeks up an bites you at the Bank, I kid you not..!

I did all this from my backyard,3-5-12, 6pm to 1am Est, Orlando,FL,USA,was the best time to get all 5

Enjoy!

Mars, Venus and Jupiter, great viewing last night. Did you get any shots on the 3rd curious if it made a difference "opposition"?

3-12-12 Update!! Paid on the Car today.Now work can continue!! Car an pieces are still primmered up 8^)

IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG

Looking good, how much longer? My cars at the body shop getting new fillers.

The poly frame bushings are going in,welded in rear lower controll arm's braces,we'er just going to brush the under carriage,there's no rust,it's all undercoated,then Paint an assembly, looking like an other month...

When you get a chance can you pass along info on the poly frame bushings? My car has been sitting since 96 and would like to replace mine. Thanks Ed

When you get a chance can you pass along info on the poly frame bushings? My car has been sitting since 96 and would like to replace mine. Thanks Ed

There just regular Energy Sus. urathane bushings,just make sure the GNX an side bushings are in the kit,Some GN'S don't have the side bushing's installed, an none have the GNX bushing, it goes under the frame behinde the backseats. I'll post picks soon when we'er sliding them in ,I'm curious on how much it will raise the body, I've heard an inch!! 8^)

Enjoy!