70mm Turbo

i went 7.0 at 98+mph with a ta49,motor was stock exept for a mild port stock head.it wasnt easy to do at full weight.the 70 is a 9 sec wheel with supporting mods and you are heading into the money pit aspect of the game now.the 44 is a great turbo on a stock motor with octane and can be a great street car without the high dollar mods,you need to drop your 6.99 goals a little to say 7.4 range.you must weigh the time to build the car up to the time you have before you leave for duty and the dollars spent for 4 tenths of a second.i wouldnt even think of throwing on that 70 unless i was going to build a track only car and had the time a $.the stock turbo with a meth kit will run 30 psi of boost and can also run mid to low 7's in the 1/8

Really appreciate the advice. I thought the stock turbo was not efficient above 23-24 psi? If that is the case, I will keep it on for now and enjoy the car before I go. I have considered making this a track only car (like my bike is right now, lol), but again, I want to enjoy the car before I go. I just bought it a little over a month ago. I like the idea of the 44 or 49mm. The car ran that exact ET as you at 102 in the past before the Meth with a TE44 with the previous owner. He also ran a T60 but sold it and went with the 70mm. I have sold way to many projects in the past because duty called and I had to deploy (Mustangs 347, 393, 418W). Looking forward to retiring 18 months after I get back! I will have a steady income for life sitting at home playing with the car daily and racing! It has been a long 18 years, lol. One last deployment left. Thanks for all the replies. I may hold off the converter and see what I can get that will work with this stall and keep my 70mm on the shelf until I retire.

its nice to hear you have some fun time coming up in the near future,the stock turbo is nice with the meth thats what seemed to wake it up.if you can wait till your free time then peice the track combo but it does get pricey.thank you for your sevice to all of us.

my 7.0 49 combo had a 10.5 3200 stall that was locked up at wot.that same converter is in another car that had the stock turbo and stock motor and with pump gas /meth ran 30 psi,the car has a 49 on it now,running 25psi and its a sweet street combo.

Really appreciate the advice. I thought the stock turbo was not efficient above 23-24 psi? If that is the case, I will keep it on for now and enjoy the car before I go. I have considered making this a track only car (like my bike is right now, lol), but again, I want to enjoy the car before I go. I just bought it a little over a month ago. I like the idea of the 44 or 49mm. The car ran that exact ET as you at 102 in the past before the Meth with a TE44 with the previous owner. He also ran a T60 but sold it and went with the 70mm. I have sold way to many projects in the past because duty called and I had to deploy (Mustangs 347, 393, 418W). Looking forward to retiring 18 months after I get back! I will have a steady income for life sitting at home playing with the car daily and racing! It has been a long 18 years, lol. One last deployment left. Thanks for all the replies. I may hold off the converter and see what I can get that will work with this stall and keep my 70mm on the shelf until I retire.
A TE44 or TA49 both have the t31 turbine (aka stg3) with the TO4E 60 trim compressor (aka 58mm) both work well with minimal converter. I like them on stock engine/trans cars with the Garrett.63 ex housing. It will pick up considerably over stock in the 25-30psi range. The stock turbo/intercooler seems to be ok with boost in the mid 20's as long as its hit with a shot of methanol. Its pretty much used up at that point though. If you have a converter you can lock at WOT then this may be your best solution right now. You have to get the car out hard with these parts to run the number.

Custom TT chip .........for 70mm turbo
Alky kit
Manual Boost controller
Heavy Duty Trans cooler
Art Carr deep pan
3" Down Pipe
aftermarket headers
Powerstroke Intercooler
Power Master
60LB Injectors

This is my combo, except I have a 206/206 roller cam. With an Art Carr 19930 convertor I ran 6.65@ 105 and 10.40@132 on 93 octane and Alky. I even have the stock rockers on the heads.

I have 17.5 years in the Army, and I ride a bike as well. Spooky.

This is my combo, except I have a 206/206 roller cam. With an Art Carr 19930 convertor I ran 6.65@ 105 and 10.40@132 on 93 octane and Alky. I even have the stock rockers on the heads.

Lots of old school proven stuff here. Proves you don't need a bunch of
fancy stuff to get it done

Very Spooky if your stationed at Ft Benning too, lol. I actually have 17 years and some change in too but I had a short break in service switching from the Marine Corps. What does that converter stall at? Your ET is perfect. Thanks for the feedback! What turbo you have?

Very Spooky if your stationed at Ft Benning too, lol. I actually have 17 years and some change in too but I had a short break in service switching from the Marine Corps. What does that converter stall at? Your ET is perfect. Thanks for the feedback! What turbo you have?

70 mm p trim turbo. 3200-3500 stall. I'm at Knox, but spent quite a bit of.time at Campbell.

70 mm p trim turbo. 3200-3500 stall. I'm at Knox, but spent quite a bit of.time at Campbell.

Very interesting times you running with same setup! I spoke to one of the guys at PTC and told him what was going on and he said that they could do a converter that would be fine with the 70mm as well. Your combo and ET is exactly what I was looking for! BTW, spent most of my career at Campbell in 1st 327th INF Scouts (Tiger Force), and 3rd 187 INF (Iron Rakkasans).

Very interesting times you running with same setup! I spoke to one of the guys at PTC and told him what was going on and he said that they could do a converter that would be fine with the 70mm as well. Your combo and ET is exactly what I was looking for! BTW, spent most of my career at Campbell in 1st 327th INF Scouts (Tiger Force), and 3rd 187 INF (Iron Rakkasans).

To run that sort of number you will need to make some upgrades to the transmission and maybe even the rear-end as well. My car is a lightweight at 3500 with me in it.

Did a year in 2-502 and 5 years in 2-187 (Raiders)

To run that sort of number you will need to make some upgrades to the transmission and maybe even the rear-end as well. My car is a lightweight at 3500 with me in it.

Did a year in 2-502 and 5 years in 2-187 (Raiders)

Rakkasan! My car is a bit lighter but have not been to track to weigh it yet. It came with no heat/AC, fiberglass bumpers, etc.... No issues upgrading some more stuff eventually. Looks like according to PTC I can slap it on and I will be happy with it and room to grow as I add more and reinforce others. Rakkasan Bro!