68 Chevelle

Oh I aint givin up. Got a new dash pad today, looks to be pretty high quality. I got some self etching primer to lay down good, got primer surfacer on it. Just need to sand a bit and lay down the color then I can reassemble the whole car and get the windsheild in last. Im thinkin about doing a head liner while the windsheild is out though.

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

Thought Id show what Ive been working on. Just need to pull the sides tight and glue them and the headliners done. Will need carpet and a door panel to finish the interior.

IMG_0832.jpg

Oh good I was worried when I didnt know what OR meant. Its from a 96 Jimmy but all the blazers around that time have them too.

Its mounted with threee screws, the one in the front screws into some structural roof support steel, and the two at the back I had to weld in a small sheetmetal bracket to the roof support strip.

Happy to be on the road again, just wrapped up all the small stuff like bolting the seat in and putting wipers back on. Was able to spray the driver's side yesterday. Got my 255/60 MT's in the mail today and mounted them. If Im lucky I may just head out to the race track tomorrow!

In total this project has taken 4 months and I got the following done:

New windsheild

Fixed all leaks into the car

Painted green dash and steering column

New dashpad

Headliner

Overhead console

Wheels and tires

Straightened the driver's side some and painted

Improved intercooler piping

Fixed blower connection

Added a lot of bolts to front end, fixed the squeaks