68 Chevelle

22lbChevelle

Well I decided its time to start my own swap thread. Ill eventually get some of the progress pics up but for now Ill give you what I consider to be a finished product as far as the swap goes. The setup will change over time with the next mods being a disk brake swap, a new rear end, then a new front mount intercooler that doesn't hang as low. Body work will be done over time, most likely very slowly.

This has easily been the best, funnest, and most gratifying thing I've ever done in my life and I have to thank my parents who've been very patient with my cars and especially my dad for being the friend who helped most.

Video:
YouTube - Dan's turbo chevelle christmas 2008

Car:

-1968 Chevelle Malibu, originally a 307/powerglide car.
-Weighed @ 3150lbs (with iron small block/ th350)
-Rebuilt suspension with poly bushings
-1 1/4" front, 1" rear bar
-Hotchkis front, new stock rear springs
-Swapped Buick Ttype power steering box
-Stock D5 converter, newly rebuilt 200r4
-Stock 1987 Lc2 3.8L Buick Turbo longblock/ intake manifold
-Nice stainless headers (ATR?)
-External wastegate setup (came with the old ttype)
-4 bolt exhaust turbo (came with the old ttype, needs to be ID'd)
-Stacked stock intercoolers, front mounted
-Home made alcohol Injection
-Old ttype's AC condensor used as large tranny cooler w/ inline thermostat
-3.5in LS1 MAF w/ translater +
-Extender chip rev "E"
-40lb/hr injectors
-3in DP, 3in straight pipe into a 3in summit turbo muffler, 3in turndown
-Hotwired FP
-Scanmaster 2.1

Future mods:
-12 bolt with 3.27 posi
-body work
-Disk brakes
-Interior/exterior work

Danscarchristmas2008035.jpg

Danscarchristmas2008038.jpg

Danscarchristmas2008014.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I drove this thing all Christmas break and its unreal how smooth and reliable it has been. I get the "nice car" comment at least 5 times a day and if I lift the hood to anyone who is into cars, well lets just say they are surprised and impressed. I've had two people bust out their cameras to take pictures of it cause they said their friend would never believe it LOL

I had my 68 for about 9 years and if I had only known about the Buick V6 back then I'd probably still have the car with a nice Turbo mill in it. here she is

Attachments

• 88 022.jpg
    88 022.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,994
Of course nice car. I remember seeing it in a thread in the bench racing section of Chevelles.com

My name there is chevelle68malibu

Thanks for the comments. I drove this thing all Christmas break and its unreal how smooth and reliable it has been. I get the "nice car" comment at least 5 times a day and if I lift the hood to anyone who is into cars, well lets just say they are surprised and impressed. I've had two people bust out their cameras to take pictures of it cause they said their friend would never believe it LOL

Looks Good dude
Have you gotten the "That Chevelle sound weird" comment?
I get that a lot

Ive got 5th gear!

So Ive brought the car out to school with me and Ive got all kinds of time and nice weather now to work on it, just not all the tools like being at home. Ive got the basics but I dont have the wirefeed to work on the body like I want to. Today though I got around to wiring the switch for the TCC and man is it nice! I forgot how much it helps with cruising!

Oh btw this thing is getting tons of attention. Yesterday about 6-8 guys were out throwing a football in the street when they yelled at me to smoke em, i didnt even stop just punched it and spit rubber once the boost came up :cool:

Was goin down to get new rear tires so I filmed this. Best one tire fire you've seen lol

YouTube - Turbo Chevelle Burnout

i put a Lock-Right in my rear and love it.
it was in and ready to go in less then 1 hour.
What rear gear do you have?
i have 3.08 :( , i am thinking about 3.42, 3.55 or 3.73 but i will make the call after i get the 2800 or 3000 stall conveter in and see how it goes.

BTW allways make sure the on lookers are on the pass.side of the car.
looks good dude.

Well I decided its time to start my own swap thread. Ill eventually get some of the progress pics up but for now Ill give you what I consider to be a finished product as far as the swap goes. The setup will change over time with the next mods being a disk brake swap, a new rear end, then a new front mount intercooler that doesn't hang as low. Body work will be done over time, most likely very slowly.

This has easily been the best, funnest, and most gratifying thing I've ever done in my life and I have to thank my parents who've been very patient with my cars and especially my dad for being the friend who helped most.

Video:
YouTube - Dan's turbo chevelle christmas 2008

Car:

-1968 Chevelle Malibu, originally a 307/powerglide car.
-Weighed @ 3150lbs (with iron small block/ th350)
-Rebuilt suspension with poly bushings
-1 1/4" front, 1" rear bar
-Hotchkis front, new stock rear springs
-Swapped Buick Ttype power steering box
-Stock D5 converter, newly rebuilt 200r4
-Stock 1987 Lc2 3.8L Buick Turbo longblock/ intake manifold
-Nice stainless headers (ATR?)
-External wastegate setup (came with the old ttype)
-4 bolt exhaust turbo (came with the old ttype, needs to be ID'd)
-Stacked stock intercoolers, front mounted
-Home made alcohol Injection
-Old ttype's AC condensor used as large tranny cooler w/ inline thermostat
-3.5in LS1 MAF w/ translater +
-Extender chip rev "E"
-40lb/hr injectors
-3in DP, 3in straight pipe into a 3in summit turbo muffler, 3in turndown
-Hotwired FP
-Scanmaster 2.1

Future mods:
-12 bolt with 3.27 posi
-body work
-Disk brakes
-Interior/exterior work

Danscarchristmas2008038.jpg

Danscarchristmas2008014.jpg

Damn, that is one low hanging I/C. If you drive it in the snow like that, it looks like it would scoop a bunch of it up which would really lower the charge temps. Instant lower e.t.'s.

Thought I'd show you guys my new brake swap I just got done with! Also I just got an m15 nozzle that I'll have installed tonight. Should be a big improvement in how the alky kit performs.

IMG_0304.jpg

Dans2.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

And check out the T-type horn button:

IMG_0272.jpg

just plain john: Lol its just high school, cc, and the U

TURBOPOWERED68:

I needed the brakes fast and wanted a complete kit. I also wanted to buy local. Besides these things are a HUGE upgrade from what I had.

TURBOPOWERED68:

I needed the brakes fast and wanted a complete kit. I also wanted to buy local. Besides these things are a HUGE upgrade from what I had.

You got that right.

right now my rotors need to be turned and i need new pads.
So its the right time for me to do the up grade. plus its so much easier to turn or swap rotors with the F-body stuff.

So i take it you already had disk brakes? Also what does the f-body upgrade do for the car and does it change a-arm geometry?

So i take it you already had disk brakes? Also what does the f-body upgrade do for the car and does it change a-arm geometry?

No real geometry changes besides pushing the two front tires outward a combined total of 3/4 to 1 inch.

It does give you another inch in rotor size and the ability to have a two piece rotor/hub with out spending a billion $ on set up. Plus once installed all the parts that wear are off the shelf auto parts stuff.

Thought Id post some pics of the current project Im doing on the Chevelle. I had leaks into the passenger floor boards so i removed the cracked windsheild and went to work.

Before tear down:

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg