68 Chevelle

Heres an idling video before I took it out for the second drive. Drove great, needs tuning but for having a total run time of maybe 1.5 hours I would say I'm damn impressed.

[video=youtube;j3QMic11KNc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3QMic11KNc[/video]

Somebody stole your intercooler:biggrin:

I scored the DP from GN Northwest here in Everett, WA for $150, since I was swapping to stock headers, TE44, and internal wastegate. It was a great deal considering the flange with puck is like $130 from RJC, but it does go bang bang bang on the frame so I will be modifying it to work with the Chevelle frame.

Intercooler is in but I havent welded up the boost pipes yet... Got to get on that cause the intake temps are crazy right now.

I scored the DP from GN Northwest here in Everett, WA for $150, since I was swapping to stock headers, TE44, and internal wastegate. It was a great deal considering the flange with puck is like $130 from RJC, but it does go bang bang bang on the frame so I will be modifying it to work with the Chevelle frame.

Too bad "Tig masters" are no more i really could use that first part of the DP:mad::mad::mad:
Hate to pay $400.00 plus to cut up an of the shelf full length DP.

Yea I was pretty happy when I called them and asked if they had a used or beat up TH style DP. I knew I only wanted the first 12in or so. Its kind of nice that it goes from stainless to mild cause I will cut the pipe past the stainless and weld on the mild part. Once thats done I can mount the exhaust and start driving it to work to get some seat time with the megasquirt.

thats what i did, I picked up a used THDP that was rotted at the bottom and pretty good at the turbo. But after 3 years of using it i don't think it will last much longer plus i want to redo the DP because it still hits the frame if i bottom out the car and i want to add a WB sensor and ceramic coat it, hate to do that to a DP thats not going to last.

Cruising Alki

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

I decided that if I'm gunna redo all of the engine wiring to install the ecm in the console, I might as well go megasquirt to get rid of the stock ecm and all of the addon electronics that went with it. Plans are to have the engine running by memorial day. :cool::cool:

:biggrin:

IMG_0356.jpg

Which Megasquirt kit did you buy? How was the initial setup and tuning?

I am also @ a crossroad with the stock ECM and saw several cars running MS @ the track last night.

Thanks.