5 wins, 0 losses

Stock turbo.

I think the trap speed is more indicative than ET. Too many variables involved to make a good ET. And traction is a big factor for ET.

I was launching with real low boost. And you can hear my tires squealing on every run.

Trap speeds of 103-104 with 16 psi seems normal to me with my mods. Maybe a tad bit on the low side. But mph can be affected by traction as well.

My tuning knowledge is limited to adjusting fuel pressure and boost based on Scanmaster data. I'd be willing to let somebody tune it for me, but I don't know to whom to take it in Georgia. Well, I know Leeper. So I could give him a buzz.

Also, the new rockers are ticking pretty loudly now. So that could be a factor too. They're probably seating themselves in, and now I need to torque 'em down again.

Stock turbo.

I think the trap speed is more indicative than ET. Too many variables involved to make a good ET. And traction is a big factor for ET.

I was launching with real low boost. And you can hear my tires squealing on every run.

Trap speeds of 103-104 with 16 psi seems normal to me with my mods. Maybe a tad bit on the low side. But mph can be affected by traction as well.

My tuning knowledge is limited to adjusting fuel pressure and boost based on Scanmaster data. I'd be willing to let somebody tune it for me, but I don't know to whom to take it in Georgia. Well, I know Leeper. So I could give him a buzz.

Also, the new rockers are ticking pretty loudly now. So that could be a factor too. They're probably seating themselves in, and now I need to torque 'em down again.

Depending on what roller set-up you are running, the rocker ticking may be quite normal.
You definitely need a good tune on that combo...it'll freak you out what kind of power it will make even at 19lbs....

Depending on what roller set-up you are running, the rocker ticking may be quite normal.
You definitely need a good tune on that combo...it'll freak you out what kind of power it will make even at 19lbs....

Agreed! Get a wideband or take it to a dyno so you can get the AFR right. On a dyno mind you, but I picked up 40hp and 100lb/ft one day just getting my fuel and timing set correctly at 20psi on my stock turbo. It picked up 3.5mph at the track that day too so those numbers may be close.

It's a 206

I have an exhaust leaks. Sounds like a rocker arm ticking. Probably a crack in the header. That's probably one reason my performance is down.

Why such a badass built-up combo with a stock turbo? Kind of doing it backwards, no? Unless you're just trying to make a point about the capabilities of a stock turbo...I don't get it.

Why such a badass built-up combo with a stock turbo? Kind of doing it backwards, no? Unless you're just trying to make a point about the capabilities of a stock turbo...I don't get it.

Because my stock turbo hasn't failed yet. :p

Not trying to make any points. It's just the way things have worked out naturally:

My car has overheated on me twice. The first time, I wiped the stock cam and a valve seized in the heads. So I replaced the stock cam with a roller cam, and the stock heads with Champion ported irons.

The second time it overheated, the rings and and bearings got scorched. This required a rebuild. So I rebuilt it - with a stroker kit.

Broke rocker arm shaft - replaced with roller rockers.

Cracked header - about to replace with TA stainless steel.

All my money is going into fixing/replacing broken parts. Since the stock turbo is still working fine, I haven't had the need to replace it yet. But the day will come when I get a nice big ball bearing turbo.