5 wins, 0 losses

THE ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN MENTIONED .. 50'S LOW BOOST .. GET A NEW TT CHIP AND SOME 60'S & THE CAR WILL BE IN THE 11'S WITHOUT ALKY .. TO ADD IT NOW MEANS SURE DEATH ..

13's? The car shouldn't run that horrid in Denver.....much less GA.

Get the car fixed. You're running stock GN w/ a tune times.

-Will

I'm not getting 15 degrees with the alcohol. With the alcohol, I've getting 0.

Car seems to be running fine. I'm running 108 mph on 16 psi. A stock TR running 16 psi would probably only run 98 or 99. So my mods are getting me significantly more horsepower. Also, I'm running on worn street radials 225/60-15. Also, I have the stock turbo and stock converter.

Launching a little harder with some better tires should get me in solidly in the upper 12s. And if I can get a few more pounds of boost - low 12s at maybe 112-114 mph.

I know when it was started, and he hasnt addressed the issues.....it still runs 13's

-Will

I ran a high 12. And I ran 108. This is on 16 psi, street tires, and a somewhat low boost launch. Is there something wrong with that?

from someone who didn't know Buicks that would be pretty cool. BUT when ya have such a wiz bang stroker set up like ya have people would expect a LOT more. If ya only wanted to run 16#s of boost and 13 sec's why not just leave your stock motor alone ??

from someone who didn't know Buicks that would be pretty cool. BUT when ya have such a wiz bang stroker set up like ya have people would expect a LOT more. If ya only wanted to run 16#s of boost and 13 sec's why not just leave your stock motor alone ??

I'll get there. Money is tight now. Later, a groovy ball-bearing turbo and converter will be ordered.

Be patient, lad.

According to my calculations based on the 1/4 data of these runs and last years' runs, this stroker motor has gotten me 25% more horsepower. And I only got 10% more displacement (252 ci vs 231 ci). It's more than I expected.

Seriously you need to stay out of boost until you find out what the problem is or you will be picking up your engine with a shovel! 15 degrees of knock is no joke. First step I would hook up a fuel pressure gauge and verify the base fuel pressure and insure a a rise of 1:1 boost/fuel pressure.

^^what he said, unless you already found the problem and fixed it. If so, what was it? If you haven't killed the kr, you're going to lift a head or worse. Chocolate milkshakes are great....unless they're coming out of your oil pan, know what I mean?

Tune tune tune tune tune...

Stop throwing parts at it, and disable the alky until it's tuned RIGHT.

Did you get a Powerlogger setup yet?

Made a few passes last night at Commerce.

Car is slower than it was in Reynolds. I think the contributing factors are:

1. gas
2. temperature (at least 30 degrees warmer)
3. altitude (Commerce is close to 1000', Reynolds is close to sea level)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM8D_UG_TY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dNVZbJB9Ys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-D3fWNPMbM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20toV_v8tZs

Turned the boost up to 19psi. Gained a couple mph, but had traction issues.
cleardot.gif

Great kills so I really, really hate to point out that with the mods you have, something is definitely wrong. A FATORY STOCK GN will tun mid 13's and just a chip and exhaust mods will get high 12's. Compare your moods with mine below and you will see where you should be. Definitely figure out what is wrong before you really break something. But like meanchicken said, might be too late.

Great kills so I really, really hate to point out that with the mods you have, something is definitely wrong. A FATORY STOCK GN will tun mid 13's and just a chip and exhaust mods will get high 12's. Compare your moods with mine below and you will see where you should be. Definitely figure out what is wrong before you really break something. But like meanchicken said, might be too late.

x2. That's why I asked what turbo. Maybe it's out of breath on that motor, but I would think even a stock turbo should feed that motor to 110mph @ 19psi. Unless there is something else wrong already.