3800SC with grand national turbo

dennis_6

Does anyone know if a 3800SC engine PCM can handle a turbo or would it requrie an aftermarket ECM?

It sure can, see the post below. You will obviously need it reprogramed, but DHP should be able to take care of it.

-T

Originally posted by dennis_6
Does anyone know if a 3800SC engine PCM can handle a turbo or would it requrie an aftermarket ECM?

I am running the 95 OBDI Bonneville PCM on my 3800 Series II Turbo and can tell you that it works relatively well. There are a few minor quarks that will get cleaned up once I move the MAF sensor to just before the throttle body (I am running one between the turbo and air filter).

I stayed with the 95 PCM for 3 main reasons. 1) Because I don't need or want all that extra wiring and OBDII mandated crap. 2) DHP wants WAY TOO MUCH money to reprogram an OBDII PCM, furthermore they would not do what I WANTED done, they would onlyo do the things THEY WANTED to do. 3) The biggest reason: you can change out chips at the track for race gas, different boost settings, etc.

Email me if you have any more questions, I would be happy to share all of my info and experience with what I have done. I also do custom chips for the 95 Bonne PCM as well for a very cheap price.