274v6 vs 540v8 youre opinion?

LSX is said to make the same numbers, if not more than a traditional BBC, except the LSX can do it without blinking an eye, plus they're aluminum and they have 6 bolt mains. Biggest downfall besides price is the mods required to get them to fit.

so u would rather have a lsx than a 540" bbc :confused:

so u would rather have a lsx than a 540" bbc :confused:

Depends on what it was being put into.

In most cases I think I'd do an LSX. Simply because they are lighter, have the six bolt mains, superior breathing 15 degree heads and because it's possinle to make over 500 hp with one without having to turn it into an untame animal.

The only time I'd pick a 540 over an LSX is if I were restoring an old Chevelle or Nova and wanted to keep it looking like a factory 396 big block, but with more power than a 396 could offer. It would be solely a weekend car.

Then again some want to ask me why pick a turbo V6 or a V8.

In most cases I think I'd do an LSX. Simply because they are lighter, have the six bolt mains, superior breathing 15 degree heads and because it's possinle to make over 500 hp with one without having to turn it into an untame animal.

Then again some want to ask me why pick a turbo V6 or a V8.

the machine shop i go to had a customer selling his 632" bbc making over 1000 hp pump gas on motor they he drove on the street.i would imagine the same engine making 500 hp would be a breeze. a bbc with aluminum heads weighs as much as a all iron sbc. If u are still concern about weight u could get a all aluminum bbc. Plus bbc fit nicely in a gbody.:)

Yeah they do but as mentioned it's all about technology.

Don't get me wrong I love big blocks, and I actually had strongly considered installing one in my 69 Nova, simply because I didn't want to have to mod the car to have to get an LSX engine in there.

But when I was debating on V8ing my old Regal (wasn't a turbo car) I considered an LSX. Because it would also be a daily driver.

A 632 making over 1000 hp on the street....nice. Would probably not be very useful on the streets for me unless it was for burnouts and bragging rights. On the strip, with good traction would be a blast. :cool:

LSX is said to make the same numbers, if not more than a traditional BBC, except the LSX can do it without blinking an eye, plus they're aluminum and they have 6 bolt mains. Biggest downfall besides price is the mods required to get them to fit.

LSX is not aluminum, the block weighs over 200# by itself. The Warhawk from World Products is the aluminum version of the LSX.

Smoke 20 your car is clean as hell and looks like it runs like a bat out of hell. Good looking vehicle and now time for me to get my rest so I can make more money tomorrow.;)