2015 Texas Buick Nationals Discussion thread

I have been there before but it's been several years but to answer your question no. This event worked out well last year at Temple so we'll at least have it there one more year. Maybe consider SA in 2016?

Sounds good. I look forward to meeting you guys out in Temple next year.

- Mike

I really wish there was a better venue. I know it's local for some members and I don't mind driving from Houston . I just wasn't impressed with any part of that track. Just my two cents. I'd really like to drive the new 3800 car there. So I'll see.

Remember that last year was the first time this was done so turnout wasn't that big and the track was just the right size. If this year is bigger than a bigger venue will be needed for the third one. You gotta start small and then grown as it grows.;)

I never said bigger venue just a nicer track to attract faster cars so the event does grow. ;)

I am happy to announce the date for the 2015 TX Buick Nats it will be Saturday May 9th. Gates will open at 12 noon. Other details TBA. Thanks

Guys , if you honestly want the best track and venue, Royale purple raceway in Bay town is hands down, best bang for the buck you will find. Its the fastest track period and track prep for track rentals is freaking awesome. You will run the fastest ever at this track. Given the mind shaft conditions and sea level, its the best. The suites wld be open to us as well if needed. The staff is there to make sure we are happy. We have track rentals out here with twin c turbo lambo's, vipers, vetts, dragsters etc etc.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looks like I posted before reading most current track info. That sounds good. See ya there

Looks like I posted before reading most current track info. That sounds good. See ya there

Not a problem. Another great thing about the Temple track is we do not have to rent the track to race there.
They let us in early on a day that they already have street night scheduled. We run our own program, the track personnel are very helpful if we need them. The track get's the gate money but that is all but they get that anyway. Can't beat that! We had around 40 cars show and race last year, this year let's see if we can hit the 50 mark? I'll keep setting it up if we can grow the event. Spread the word...Tell your friends. Mainly Buick's yes but open to all makes and models.

Have you contacted the Oldsmobile and Pontiac people? I know there are groups of them in Houston and Austin as well as north Texas.
Looking forward to attending. Thanks for your hard work David(and who ever helps out).

I agree. If memory serves me right we were sweating last year earlier than May ! Lol

It's not that bad guys... it's not like its the middle of August! BG was in May although not in TX but still May.

Charlie you want some cheese with that whine?

See ya there.

Not a whine, but if it's closer to spring break I think more members from states further away might attend David.;)

Not a whine, but if it's closer to spring break I think more members from states further away might attend David.;)

That hasn't been the case in the past, not counting last year we have had similar events at Temple in the Spring several years ago we would get guys from Oklahoma and maybe Louisiana but that was about it. It's not a national event, it's only 1 day and a lot of driving so I don't expect a lot from other states. If we can just get more guys/gals from TX this could be a big event every year but I'm happy with 50 cars that is still pretty good.

Hi David, I will be there and see if my Brother in OKC will maybe be there. Hopefully I find some rims and Drag Radials by then, I appreciate your son helping me out at the Buick vs Ford event in Noble!

Hi David, I will be there and see if my Brother in OKC will maybe be there. Hopefully I find some rims and Drag Radials by then, I appreciate your son helping me out at the Buick vs Ford event in Noble!

Glad we could help. I just bought my son a new set of MT DR's for his b-day so the nitto's will get set aside and eventually get mounted on a set of GN rims. Maybe we can let you borrow again ot maybe sell them to you ?

Has anyone ever checked into the possibility of using Texas World Speedway in College Station? I'm not sure how it'd workout, but I thought I read somewhere that they've used the back stretch for either 1/8 or 1/4 mile events.