2015 Texas Buick Nationals Discussion thread

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
This thread is open to any discussion about this event. Something you liked about last year or disliked?

Something you want to see done different? Let's hear it guys and gals.

Same venue? Tenative date?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think the short track and light poles are a little scary - is the only thing keeping myself from bringing a car . Wouldn't wish any of our buick brothers to have an issue either.. but I don't think it was much of an issue for anyone? Not sure if it's affordable and what not, but an event - like a Kennedale or Denton might help to attract other guys from out of state.

I can put you in touch with the operators od Kennedale if you are interested in changing to there. I'm sure someone knows the new regime at denton. Even redline would be cool. Or little river is good. What about the track in north Houston, as long as we are throwing out venues.
http://www.houstonmotorsportspark.com/
I haven't been there in over ten years but I thought it quite nice when we used to go.

How about a bikini contest, as long as Rich or David isn't allowed to compete.:ROFLMAO: Ladies only of course.:D

Seriously though, the track was great even though it was short. Distance wasn't wasn't an issue for driving but I'm sure others would join in if it was more centrally located.;)

Hey, I will be coming from SC again. Makes no never mind which track it is. Would like to see name tags. Not everybody is as pretty as Charlie.

Last year was my first to attend. Had a great time! No pressures, relaxed environment. I am local to Temple so location was fine and I have only run at little river. Might be nice to see another track but I am perfectly fine with Little river

What was the shutdown area like? Would like to go but need room. Car runs over 130 in the eighth mile. Talk last year was short shutdown area. So how was it.

What was the shutdown area like? Would like to go but need room. Car runs over 130 in the eighth mile. Talk last year was short shutdown area. So how was it.

For the 1/8 it's fine, the track is a 1/4 track but they run both. If your a 130 mph or faster car running the 1/4 then the shutdown area is short.

I Liked the track, a little more shut down area would be nice but I would definetly go back there for this event. I will do more socializing this next go around for sure.

Looking forward to it. I have my car mobile and my trailer with a new floor.

I'm in Houston and don't know about the Dallas area tracks. Are they 1/4 mile or 1/8th?

Ennis too much money?

I'm in Houston and don't know about the Dallas area tracks. Are they 1/4 mile or 1/8th?

Ennis too much money?
I haven't been to Ennis this decade. They are kind of tools to street cars imo. The others are 1/8th. North star, Kennedale and redline are all great tracks when they are prepared.
Just my take. I do like the HMS on mt Houston. If I had the budget I'd come there on a regular basis. Their kots is quite the show.

I just think of it as shorter city blocks where the lights are closer together. Each to their own, either way, it is much safer than racing on the street.

Rumor has it that Kennedale will be closed at the end of the year as well as a few of the other DFW area tracks.:( Little river will be the easiest location for most but Ennis might be a good alternative. If you show up Rich, I'll make sure that there's some wine for you to take home.:ROFLMAO:

About 2 weeks ago that was a very bad wreck at little river. Because of this it will now be a 1/8 mile track.

Rumor has it that Kennedale will be closed at the end of the year as well as a few of the other DFW area tracks.:( Little river will be the easiest location for most but Ennis might be a good alternative. If you show up Rich, I'll make sure that there's some wine for you to take home.:ROFLMAO:
I'm in if it's 1/4 mile