2015 Texas Buick Nationals Discussion thread

I'll check with the track. They have always ran the 1/8 for the very fast cars and 1/4 for everyone else. This crash was a very fast car that was running the 1/8.

You'll need to ask good2win22 about that. He was there when the crash happened. Split a car in half and killed the driver. He was down there this last weekend and talked to the owner. Said they were going to put up concrete barriers and go to 1/8 mile from now on.

They need the barriers anyway. I saw the pics, he flipped over the railing and hit a tree. I'll call Kirk Wolf and find out.

YelloBelly was cleaned up several years back.....might be a venue to check out. Raced there a lot in the late 80's....a little rowdy like Kennedale and Cedar Creek....but fun.

I leave for Fort Sam Houston, TX in 2.5 months. When is this and where is this event located?

This event is at little river, academy Texas. It is a bit south of Waco.

What is ft Sam Houston near?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
YelloBelly was cleaned up several years back.....might be a venue to check out. Raced there a lot in the late 80's....a little rowdy like Kennedale and Cedar Creek....but fun.

LOL I ran my 98GS there a few times on a Sunday afternoon, I went by myself and didn't have any problems everyone was cool but I would not take my GN there. I would have to change tires etc and leave stuff in the pit area and I just don' believe it would still be there when I got back from a pass.

The staging lanes are still something to be desired and very small, not much of a tower to speak of either. The track surface is not bad that has been improved. Have a Buick event here? No. Temple was great to us last year so we will be there again in the Spring 2015. Date TBD.

I have raced a ton at Little River as well....and unless it has been significantly upgraded, don't know that I would run there. Narrow...track surface not that good...terrible shutdown for a fast car (not quite as bad as HMP, but not good)....covered stands are nice in the summer though. LOL

I have raced a ton at Little River as well....and unless it has been significantly upgraded, don't know that I would run there. Narrow...track surface not that good...terrible shutdown for a fast car (not quite as bad as HMP, but not good)....covered stands are nice in the summer though. LOL

We will run the 1/8 mile so shut down room won't be a issue. Still narrow but the surface is better than it use to be. We will be there in the Spring I hope you can make it out.

We will run the 1/8 mile so shut down room won't be a issue. Still narrow but the surface is better than it use to be. We will be there in the Spring I hope you can make it out.
Just checking in with you David, any idea on the dates for this in 2015

I just spoke to Kirk yesterday...

David,
Sounds good. I will work on getting you a few different dates. We are an 1/8th mile facility only. Hope that's ok. Thanks for the quick response. Thanks, Kirk

I requested late March or early April so I'm just waiting to hear back.

Just wondering, have you guys considered San Antonio Raceway (http://www.sanantonioraceway.com) or is it too far out of the way for most of the Texas folk?

- Mike

I have been there before but it's been several years but to answer your question no. This event worked out well last year at Temple so we'll at least have it there one more year. Maybe consider SA in 2016?