2015 Texas Buick Nationals Discussion thread

The flyer for Ford vs Buick is right here on this site. Look under National events.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Any news on having this event again for 2016?
Im assuming your car will be ready this year? Mine will be ready this year. I remember you and i were the ones who did not have their car ready at that point. I hope to see all the guys this year, BUT ( no offense, David i know all the work you put in) that track sucks. Maybe a venue change is in order...

Tracks with guardrails are just plain dangerous. I would be up for helping the organizers with Denton or San Antonio. We could all pitch in for a track rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so, I just finished getting electricity in my shop. Next is to install my car lift and compressor. Then I'll be all set to work on my car no matter the weather.

I'd love to see a Denton deal. I've not been to San Antonio though I've driven by on i10.
What would the hotel situation be like for either location?.
Denton would have stuff in Keller and that area. What is there near the san Antonio track?

Denton would be good for Oklahoma and Arkansas guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I am not planning any events this year. I stepped down as Pres. of the LSPBC last year and it has pretty much fell apart since. So it looks as though the Dallas club is done.

If someone else wants to take the reins and set up the/a event I'll for sure try to attend. Thanks to everyone for there support in the past it is much appreciated.

Sorry guys I am not planning any events this year. I stepped down as Pres. of the LSPBC last year and it has pretty much fell apart since. So it looks as though the Dallas club is done.

If someone else wants to take the reins and set up the/a event I'll for sure try to attend. Thanks to everyone for there support in the past it is much appreciated.

Thanks for all you did over the years David.

Sorry to hear David, but the hobby is dying overall... If there's enough commitment for track rental, I'd be happy to talk to San Antonio and Denton.. Of course, I live closer here, but Denton's a better track for out of staters..

I'm truly sorry to hear this David. I was hoping that it might go on for a while, but I understand when things go south. I met several people that I consider friends because we met at the Texas nats and would've enjoyed meeting more if the event had continued.

I'm truly sorry to hear this David. I was hoping that it might go on for a while, but I understand when things go south. I met several people that I consider friends because we met at the Texas nats and would've enjoyed meeting more if the event had continued.

Just saw this, that's a bummer. Went couple years ago and had fun. Hope something changes in the future. Guess a sign of the times.

I guess I'm not sure what all goes into organizing an event. I am sure it is quite an undertaking. Is there interest in putting an event together? Is the north star a better venue to try to entice the ok and ark contingent?
Would a track rental or something that would go with one of their regular sat events be a better way? Is there anyone with experience willing to undertake such an activity? Other suggestions would be good.
Lets hear from those interested .

Im interested for sure. Sounds like TexasT and Eticket need to get a Denton deal together...

Is anyone familiar with the north star folks? I'm not even sure what we might want to do, be it a track rental or other.
I would think to do something big it would take more notice. I can email them and see if they even have an open date or something we could work in with.
I know the people at Kennedale better but know that isn't a favorite venue either.
It might be a deal where we just all agree to show up and run their brackets and have a little gtg. Kind of depends on what they have to offer.
Any thoughts on when we would want to do it?
Very hot mid summer, fall gets into Buick vs Ford and Gs nats.

Definitely unfortunate that the LSPBC has fallen apart. Overall the Buick scene has dropped considerable

Well, I emailed the track from their site but didn't get any kind of response. I met up with Jason (good2win22) this am and we took a little journey to pick up his new trans. He thought it best to have something in the spring. I'm not sure what others think. If we want to have a larger scale event this would probably be better. If we think a smaller gtg in the fall at north star could work.
Any suggestions?

Probably be best late fall or next spring. Guess it would all depend on weather and track but I hope something happens.